Got bit by a brown recluse...

I understand your hesitancy in going to ER. Don't let them put anything in you unless you know exactly what it is. I'd also be taking some vitamins...maybe k especially. oh.../Got any ivermectin?

It is on my neck right where your adams apple is.
Apparently that is better than the leg/arm etc, where there is fat. The venom blows through fat cells quickly and spreads to larger areas. An area like the front of your neck essentially has almost zero fat cells. So... hope is, and so far so good, the area will be contained.
I was bit about noon yesterday. It is now 5:12pm. So I am about 29 hours into it. Way too early to see the damage.
I had one on my scrotum and had to spend three days in the hospital where docs and nurses would grope me while they fondled the bite area to squeeze the pus out, indeed a glorious way to explode.

i read somewhere that crickets kill them and eat them....ever hear that?..

camel crickets
1634507828031.png

... hoping hard that the painful blister/sore is as bad as it will get.
Usually a recluse bite results in just a painful large blister/sore that takes as long as 6 weeks to heal.
But it can and will turn really ugly depending on how your body reacts. Unfortunately, you don't know how bad it will get till as many as 5 days later... then just like that... it gets real.

o_O:shock::hands:

Never hurts to look around to see if anybody has any antibiotics to spare.

I would think it would be the other way around
i would think so to......but this came up when i googled it.....
What are the predators of the brown recluse spider?
They have many natural predators including blue jays, crickets, and the praying mantis. As seen below, birds are often the biggest predators of spiders.

Never been bit by a brown recluse, but I once had a hornet sting me on my upper lip. It swelled up so much till it blocked my nostrils, and I had to breath through my mouth. They said I looked like I was eating a persimmon.
I have been lucky. Had a hornet hit a mirror and when it splattered it's stinger went in my neck. Thought it was a random bug and slapped my neck... drove it all the way in. Freaked me out!

Good luck op!

I understand your hesitancy in going to ER. Don't let them put anything in you unless you know exactly what it is. I'd also be taking some vitamins...maybe k especially. oh.../Got any ivermectin?
God knows they don’t have a clue at the ER on how to treat the bite

You are better off asking advice on an internet message board

... hoping hard that the painful blister/sore is as bad as it will get.
Usually a recluse bite results in just a painful large blister/sore that takes as long as 6 weeks to heal.
But it can and will turn really ugly depending on how your body reacts. Unfortunately, you don't know how bad it will get till as many as 5 days later... then just like that... it gets real.

o_O:shock::hands:

Those Suck!!!
I've been bit twice by those sorry fuckers.
I've also been bit by a Black Widow and to be honest the Recluse is worse.

Did you bite it back???

Hope you went to the Dr.!!!!!

I was told the "best" method for super poisonous bites is to mix some drops of water with baking soda to make a paste, put a bandage over it and go to the emergency room. The baking soda supposedly "sucks out" the poison enough, so it hopefully doesn't do too much damage.

iamwhatiseem What? You need to see a doctor! The recluse penetrates DOWN not just at skin level. People have developed spinal issues due to bites on the back. I'm not even dude go in NOW.
With a bite on the neck, your throat could swell up and block your airway.

SEE A DOCTOR

Last edited:

Forum List

Back