GOP Rep Byron Donalds: I introduced No More Phones Act to prohibit US governmentt officials from using taxpayer funds to give cell phones to illegals

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
illegals should get zilch from America. unless they're handsome and blonde from Norway or something

“Waste: The Biden admin spent your tax dollars to give cell phones to illegal immigrants,” says an image posted on Facebook on April 18 that racked up more than 1,300 shares within four days.

But the claim is misleading.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement, a division of the Department of Homeland Security, does issue smartphones with a pre-loaded app to some undocumented immigrants to ensure compliance with release stipulations. But the phones can only be used to access the app – they can't access the internet, load other apps or make calls. And use of them dates back to the Trump administration.

Fact check: ICE program gives limited phones to immigrants for tracking, communication

“Waste: The Biden admin spent your tax dollars to give cell phones to illegal immigrants,” says an image posted on Facebook on April 18 that racked up more than 1,300 shares within four days.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement, a division of the Department of Homeland Security, does issue smartphones with a pre-loaded app to some undocumented immigrants to ensure compliance with release stipulations. But the phones can only be used to access the app – they can't access the internet, load other apps or make calls. And use of them dates back to the Trump administration.

Fact check: ICE program gives limited phones to immigrants for tracking, communication
If they want to track illegal aliens “issue” them a tracking anklet That has to be charged weekly at a government office that sends an alarm to the police if the illegal alien tries to let it go dead or remove it so they can be arrested and immediately deported. Not a expensive smart phone even if it’s use is limited.

If they are here illegally, why are they being released in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for liberalizing our immigration laws to make it easier for people to come here, which would ultimately reduce illegal immigration, but the law is what it is today, so this program shouldn't even be necessary.

If they are here illegally, why are they being released in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for liberalizing our immigration laws to make it easier for people to come here, which would ultimately reduce illegal immigration, but the law is what it is today, so this program shouldn't even be necessary.

Courts are backed up. Everyone (like it or not) get their day in court.

Now you've gone & done it. Exposed another bullshit line that Trump's mouth breather's are bleating on about.

Way too many add ons that we never agreed to. 20% of my bill is that subsidy crap. Some utility and water bills have same unauthorized money taking.

Then hold illegal immigrants in detention camps until their court dates. Don't release them into society so they can collect benefits that citizens pay for.

No one is going to pay for that besides the courts have ruled you can't hold someone that long over a misdemeanor.

Good.

The only money spent on illegals should be for paychecks and resources for the border patrol and immigration to send them back home.

Imagine a stranger walking into your home and saying "I want a cell phone, a bed to sleep in, food, baby formula, money and I want you to let me have a say on how things are done here".........and you actually do it.

Forum List

Back