GOP Rep @ 1st of it's kind hearing on Discrimination of Muslim & Asian Americans: equity leads to discrimination against the very people it "helps"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Rep. Mike Johnson just said at the start of the hearing "Equity is a poison in our culture"

In what world is that okay? I'm floored

• Banned
the Sikh coalition says 67 percent of Sikh youths who wear a turban get "bullied"

here's an idea: don't wear a turban!

• Banned
"being black and being Muslim puts someone like me in double scrutiny" - Rep Andre Carson

what about being white and being a Trump supporter?

• Banned
one time i made fun of Sikhs on twitter, and some organization actually released a statement in response to me about: "Importance of Turban in Sikh life;
The ignorant on importance and respect to turban may get a glimpse in Sikh history that Sikhs preferred to de but refused to remove their turban.
Hijab covers face only, its not a pride for Muslim woman but helps to protect her from evil eyes;"

FMIpy_xaUAElFGZ

FMIp-kcaUAAxYU_

• Banned
Twenty years ago, Sikh American Balbir Singh Sodhi was murdered in the first post 9/11 hate crime. He was shot to death while planting flowers outside his gas station in Mesa, Arizona, by a man who said he wanted to “go out and shoot some towel-heads.”

Forum List

Back