GOP is in Trump's Debt for the foreseeable future

The Republicans lost the house in 2018 because regular republican voters didn't want to support the weak, spineless, backstabbing republicans...

Says who?

Me. First you had about 50 cowards in the Republican party retire after Trump won.....giving up those seats.......and then you had too many republican voters who sat home because the republicans didn't support Trump and they didn't fight the democrats.......

Still waiting for your evidence that's why they "sat home" because they were mad at Republicans who didn't support Trump

Last edited:
The Republicans lost the house in 2018 because regular republican voters didn't want to support the weak, spineless, backstabbing republicans...

Says who?

Me. First you had about 50 cowards in the Republican party retire after Trump won.....giving up those seats.......and then you had too many republican voters who sat home because the republicans didn't support Trump and they didn't fight the democrats.......

Still waiting for your evidence that's why they "sat home" because they were mad at Republicans who didn't support Trump
I believe it was an educated guess on his part.

I agree, now, I have to figure out who I'm voting for in 2024
Nikki Haley?

I have said before that Trump losing would probably be a blessing in disguise for the Republican Party. Biden clearly isn't fit for the job and if he does attempt to annihilate our economy in the name of COVID the Republicans could have a very good mid term election in 2022. They can win back suburban support, which they are losing, and build on that in 2024. There is no way Biden runs for reelection, so it's likely an open seat. Even if by chance he did, people will be reluctant to reelect an 82 year old man. This opens the door for some rising stars like Nikki Haley or Marco Rubio, who will be far more palatable to the traditional suburban voter base that Trump has damaged with his antics.

Trump's "antics" are just him acting like the Democrats did for the last 40 years (as long as I can remember) and people like you just never held them accountable for it.

While there are some Trump lost who were never really anything but basically Democrats anyway, he's brought union, blue collar, blacks and Hispanics into play. Without those, the Republicans aren't going to do well in the future. He's changed the math.

But you just go ahead and keep ignoring what the Democrats do and then criticizing Trump for dong it. Listening to people like you is as dumb as Republicans could possibly be

Says who?

Meh. I'd phrase is slightly differently. They probably didn't sit at home to specifically punish them. But they weren't motivated by Trump to go out and vote for them.

Tom-ay-to, tom-ah-to ...

Says who?

Ask someone who didn't vote for republicans in 2018......

Says who?

And here you go....

2018 the midterms.....the Republicans lost the house...because Trump voters did not support the weasles ....

The democrats were predicted to also retake the Senate........Trump voters are particularly concerned about judges......after the way the democrats acted with kavanaugh, in particular, the voted and won 3 seats they weren't expected to keep....

If your theory is correct, the democrats would have kept those 3 seats and won the Senate too...

In 2018, they missed Republicans ousting Democrat incumbent senators in Florida, Indiana, and Missouri.

This article also gets it wrong.....they weren't unhappy with Trump in South Carolina...they were irritated with the Republicans.....

In 2018, voters in Charleston, S.C. voted in their first Democratic congressman in nearly 40 years, Joe Cunningham, thereby illustrating a certain level of distaste for President Trump. South Carolina has not sent a Democrat to the upper chamber since 1998, and, unlike the presidential race in other states with vulnerable GOP Senators, the South Carolina presidential race is not particularly competitive — which is to say, it remains safely red, for the time being.
-------

"Where Lindsey was a maverick with John McCain, he is now seen as a true conservative," said former South Carolina Republican Party Chairman Katon Dawson. "That was the complaint conservatives had with Lindsey in the last election cycle that is no longer there."

Forum List

Back