GOP DROPS FILIBUSTER, Obama gets His budget with $1 trillion tax hike!

2% cut across the board in every Department's budget, the entirety or if not possible the first part of the cut coming from 1 day a month furloughs for GS7 to GS 16 positions.

The president got his take hike; that part is over and non-negotiable.

WASHINGTON — After a grueling, all-night debate that ended close to 5 a.m., the Senate on Saturday adopted its first budget in four years, a $3.7 trillion blueprint for 2014 that would fast-track passage of tax increases, trim spending gingerly and leave the government still deeply in the debt a decade from now

Senate Passes $3.7 Trillion Budget, Its First in 4 Years

The Adults are back!!

:clap2:
A pointless exercise.

Isn't that what you clowns always say when the House budget is going to be obstructed in the Senate?

... the key here is Republicans withdrew their 4 year filibuster on Obama's budget.

Horse hockey. Obama's budget was voted on May 23, 2011 and got ZERO votes. It failed 0-97.

So, I'd agree with you but you're lying.
Don't you stupid worthless lying assholes ever get tired of parroting the GOP scripted lies????? The little fairy Jeffie Sessons is NOT Obama!!!! It was the little fairy's budget that got 0 votes. :asshole:

2% cut across the board in every Department's budget, the entirety or if not possible the first part of the cut coming from 1 day a month furloughs for GS7 to GS 16 positions.

Curious about your suggestion. A 2% actual cut or a 2% reduction in the hoped for rate of increased spending?

... the key here is Republicans withdrew their 4 year filibuster on Obama's budget.

Horse hockey. Obama's budget was voted on May 23, 2011 and got ZERO votes. It failed 0-97.

Don't you stupid worthless lying assholes ever get tired of parroting the GOP scripted lies????? The little fairy Jeffie Sessons is NOT Obama!!!! It was the little fairy's budget that got 0 votes. :asshole:

Ed, it's all they're capable of doing. They're not about to think for themselves.

and leave the government still deeply in the debt a decade from now.

And you feel that is a good thing truly scary.

It isn't necessarily a good thing.....but it beats embarking on a foolish austerity program that will tank our recovery. You might want to get behind the idea now....so you won't look as stupid when you try to take credit for it in a few years.

Republicans have had a hard time understanding that because they destroyed our economy with stupid policies - no one but no one will listen to their solution to the mess they created.

Wonder why?

:)
Democrats and progressives are in complete denial that they had a major hand in the economic collapse we experienced and that it was massive government intervention in the private sector that caused it.

I wonder why?

No new income taxes. Cutting of Defense. SS reform on means testing and age of retirement. 0% increase in all other budgets. Mandatory 1-day furlough for GS7 to GS16 per month.

Means testing for Social Security? That will never pass the House.

Someone that pays into the system for 45 years has a right to SS no matter what his bank account looks like.

The Supreme Court has ruled otherwise.

Curious about your suggestion. A 2% actual cut or a 2% reduction in the hoped for rate of increased spending?

Actual cut. No increased spending. Across the Board. Except for those programs that have been paid for by the recipients, i.e., SS.

No new income taxes. Cutting of Defense. SS reform on means testing and age of retirement. 0% increase in all other budgets. Mandatory 1-day furlough for GS7 to GS16 per month.

Someone that pays into the system for 45 years has a right to SS no matter what his bank account looks like.

The Supreme Court is dead wrong.

Means testing is outright theft. It is wrong and no one would sanction government forcing someone to pay into a retirement system and not even bothering to pay them what everyone else will receive.

bripat does not believe in any taxation anyway, so his worries are his own and not anybody else.

The Supreme Court is dead wrong.

Means testing is outright theft. It is wrong and no one would sanction government forcing someone to pay into a retirement system and not even bothering to pay them what everyone else will receive.

You are not the one who gets to decide that

Wrong.

The vote in 2011 and in 2012, both of which got ZERO votes were in fact Obama's budgets Sessons introduced it, but it was Obama's budget. The ONLY difference was it didn't include "policy report language", which in no way changed the fundamentals of Obama's proposed budget. But of course, if Session's version was so different, why didn't the Dems put forth Obama's budget themselves? Couldn't be because they were ridiculous beyond belief. Naw...

Sorry if the truth doesn't fit your agenda.

But hey, if I call you an asshole, will that help support my argument or just make me look like...wait for it...an asshole? You decide. :cuckoo:

Actual cut. No increased spending. Across the Board. Except for those programs that have been paid for by the recipients, i.e., SS.

Damn. That's...reasonable.

Wrong.

The vote in 2011 and in 2012, both of which got ZERO votes were in fact Obama's budgets Sessons introduced it, but it was Obama's budget. The ONLY difference was it didn't include "policy report language", which in no way changed the fundamentals of Obama's proposed budget. But of course, if Session's version was so different, why didn't the Dems put forth Obama's budget themselves? Couldn't be because they were ridiculous beyond belief. Naw...

Sorry if the truth doesn't fit your agenda.

But hey, if I call you an asshole, will that help support my argument or just make me look like...wait for it...an asshole? You decide. :cuckoo:
You are still lying!!! This is the thing about the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood, when they are caught lying they just keep on lying, they never admit the truth.

The little fairy Jeffie Sessions rewrote the entire bill, that was "the only difference." The little lying fairy's bill was 27 pages, Obama's budget was over 2,000 pages. If the little lying fairy didn't change the bill and it was so "ridiculous beyond belief", then why didn't the liar just introduce Obama's bill as written??? :asshole:

OK, how about raising the cap to $250,000 for SS taxes coupled with Congress being unable to dump the SS taxes into the slush fund.

Raising the cap without raising the maximum benefit accordingly is just plain larceny.

I've been a proponent of hanging politicians who dip into the trust fund since Johnson.

Then you are not willing to make a budget.
I'm not willing to fuck over people who paid into the system for 45 or 50 years.
Social security was designed to be a self funded pension. Why do some get to take out money they never paid in, but others get no more benefit though they paid the maximum every year?

You keep crying about wanting people to pay their fair share, but refuse to pay back fairly.

This is precisely why I started that poll. There is absolutely nothing Republican about you, and as the poll showed, you are an irrelevant asshole.

The little fairy Jeffie Sessions rewrote the entire bill, that was "the only difference."

Even the mainstream media, and the White House, disagrees with you on that one:

The White House sought to provide cover for Democrats to vote against the Obama budget resolution before the vote, arguing the resolution offered by Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) was different from Obama’s budget because it did not include policy report language.

Read more: Senate rejects Obama budget in 99-0 vote - The Hill's Floor Action
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Oops, not so different.

But again, why, if it was such a good budget, didn't the Dems just introduce Obama's budget with the "policy report language"? Hmm???

All the best...

Oh sorry, am I supposed to call you an lying asshole now?

I say give the Democrats everything they want. Whatever it is, give it to them. Then when the country crashes big-time, it will be all on them. This country is so FUBAR now that no Conservative will ever be able to fix it. Better to let the Democrats finish destroying it, and then let them get booted so we can fix it.

Reminds me of 2008 election, only it was the Republicans who got booted.

I say give the Democrats everything they want. Whatever it is, give it to them. Then when the country crashes big-time, it will be all on them. This country is so FUBAR now that no Conservative will ever be able to fix it. Better to let the Democrats finish destroying it, and then let them get booted so we can fix it.

Reminds me of 2008 election, only it was the Republicans who got booted.

It is similar. The DNC took control of Congress and prevented the crash that they knew was coming because they needed it to get a Democrat elected in 2008.

If the GOP let Obama and the Democrats crash the economy again, they would get power back in the following election. No matter how stupid people are, when they get their pockets hit hard, they want change.

Forum List

Back