GOP congressman: Wives should “voluntarily submit” to their husbands"

I guess I'll never get tired of listening to the Left bray about things of which they are ignorant.

Of course they oppose wife's submission to her husband. These are the strongest marriages. Strong marriage, strong family, strong family, no power for the left.

Idiocy from the far right and the far left.

Yup, religious expression is permitted in the public forum.

Nope, religion is not and will not be promoted in public schools.

Both far sides can stay in bizarro land.

There is no such thing as a far-right.

The Republican "Outreach" continues!

It’s a well-established reality of contemporary American politics: The Republican Party is struggling to find ways to better connect with female voters. The “War on Women” and all that.

Well, here’s some unsolicited advice to the GOP on how it could perhaps have more success convincing women that they, too, care about their freedom and autonomy — tell New Mexico Rep. Steve Pearce to go far, far away.

In his initially little-noticed memoir —”Just Fly the Plane, Stupid!” — Steve Pearce argues that, like the military’s chain of command, every household should be run according to a rigid hierarchy. And, wouldn’t you know it, guess who Pearce imagines should be at the tippy-top of the family pyramid? Steve Pearce!

Not just Pearce, of course, but rather all men, in the Republican’s opinion, should be the clear and undisputed masters of their families and homes. And best of all, it’s all based on the Bible. (For more on this disturbingly widespread belief within the right-wing Christian fundamentalist community, check out this report from Mother Jones.)

“The wife is to voluntarily submit, just as the husband is to lovingly lead and sacrifice,” Pearce writes. ”The husband’s part is to show up during the times of deep stress, take the leadership role and be accountable for the outcome, blaming no one else.”
GOP congressman: Wives should ?voluntarily submit? to their husbands - Salon.com

:clap2:

Please keep this up until November!
Or maybe wives should be like Lady Kaka and Miley Cyrus?

I should neg you for that picture.

:puke:

Yup, there sure is. You guys are freaky in that you think you represent mainstream American values. You are delusional.

Ignore TM.

Though she might be brighter and more politically astute than Shallow, she is stuck on a misinterpretation of an event in 1986 that DailyKOS programmed her to bray about.

Wood is brighter and more politically astute than you bub.

You are the type to look up at a blue sky and swear that it's red.

I guess I'll never get tired of listening to the Left bray about things of which they are ignorant.

Of course they oppose wife's submission to her husband. These are the strongest marriages. Strong marriage, strong family, strong family, no power for the left.

dimocrap scum don't know a lot about sex..... With women.

And they know even less about a woman who 'voluntarily' submits as opposed to involuntarily.

Which is why so many of them have gay lovers.... Or gotta save up for a month and find a street walker.

Another reason they want socialized medicine, they can get their penicillin shots for free.

Wood is brighter and more politically astute than you bub.

Yet I still significantly outshine you, and your mentor, Truthmatters...

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

You are the type to look up at a blue sky and swear that it's red.

I leave the oven cleaner huffing to you - your brain damage is a clear waring that abuse of substances leads to voting for Obama...

BTW Husbands should love their wives like Christ loves the Church. Which means you are willing to serve her even to the point of laying down your life to protect her.

People love their dogs and will even sacrifice their lives to rescue them from a fire, or getting stuck in an iced over lake, or drowning, etc. But their dogs, though deeply loved, are not equals in the home and relationship, as a wife should be. So just because a man 'loves' his wife, it does not mean she should accept being secondary in the realtionship, submit to him, and he rules the roost.

You don't seem to understand how Christians are supposed to "rule".

I don't think people think. They just yodel "for the Bible tells me so!" and then they vote accordingly.

And the dims simply go to ThinkProgress and download party orders.

So the demagogues at Salon accomplished nothing with this silly attack. democrats oppose freedom of religion and feel the need to attack in hopes of silencing those who hold faith, but I can't see that a single vote changed because of this.

Nobody opposes "Freedom of Religion" the opposition is to "Imposing your religion on the rest of us".

I will not submit to Christianity..even though they have a policy of killing folks that do not convert.

No one is imposing anything on you. Quite the opposite.

And no Christianity doesn't have a policy of killing folks that do not convert. You're thinking of Islam. And even that isn't as widespread as some think

If it's from Salon, Think Progress or Media Matters, the position deserves no consideration at all. It is noise like white noise.

If it's from Salon, Think Progress or Media Matters, the position deserves no consideration at all. It is noise like white noise.

It's get their low information rabid cult members riled up for THE PARTY...and lo and behold their useful tools spreads it around..

Actually it does. I think he's right and the reason its a bunch of single moms out there is partly because of feminism run amok.

When a woman believes she can be mom and dad that the beginning of the end. Because she'll raise a pussified son and the trend of soft ass dudes will continue

So the demagogues at Salon accomplished nothing with this silly attack. democrats oppose freedom of religion and feel the need to attack in hopes of silencing those who hold faith, but I can't see that a single vote changed because of this.

Nobody opposes "Freedom of Religion" the opposition is to "Imposing your religion on the rest of us".

I will not submit to Christianity..even though they have a policy of killing folks that do not convert.

And no Christianity doesn't have a policy of killing folks that do not convert. You're thinking of Islam. And even that isn't as widespread as some think

I can't believe a thread was started just over a comment that means nothing.

Most likely disagree, if the guy said it and IF he was serious. He can believe all he wants that women should be submissive. And we can ignore him all we want because it won't affect us.

Why are libs so bent out of shape over some stupid comment about something that will never be imposed on us, yet shrug off things that actually have a direct affect on our lives?

I am far more worried when I hear lib politicians talking about forcing us to purchase things, raising taxes, banning things or funding radicals. Those things are legislated and cost us dearly because we lose money, choice and liberty.

Could you libs at least worry about things that actually matter. The guy said something stupid. He should take a cue from other politicians and lie his ass off so he doesn't offend anyone. Telling the truth gets you in the hot seat a lot faster than lies these days.

Most likely disagree, if the guy said it and IF he was serious. He can believe all he wants that women should be submissive. And we can ignore him all we want because it won't affect us.

Why are libs so bent out of shape over some stupid comment about something that will never be imposed on us, yet shrug off things that actually have a direct affect on our lives?

I am far more worried when I hear lib politicians talking about forcing us to purchase things, raising taxes, banning things or funding radicals. Those things are legislated and cost us dearly because we lose money, choice and liberty.

Could you libs at least worry about things that actually matter. The guy said something stupid. He should take a cue from other politicians and lie his ass off so he doesn't offend anyone. Telling the truth gets you in the hot seat a lot faster than lies these days. And when lies are exposed, nothing happens anyway.

Salon can't find anything important to post, so they take something someone said and make up all kinds of shit about what he "meant"...don't support that hate site

Could you libs at least worry about things that actually matter. The guy said something stupid. He should take a cue from other politicians and lie his ass off so he doesn't offend anyone. Telling the truth gets you in the hot seat a lot faster than lies these days.

it's sort of like Sharia Law in that it will never happen in America, but then I wouldn't vote for anyone in favor it.

Forum List

Back