GOP anxious McCarthy putting national sales tax for House vote will carry huge political consequences/Norquist: a gift for Biden Anti-tax activist

If we address debt it doesn't matter if rates are 30% does it?
How in the hell does that make sense? Yes, it flippin matters. I mean I don't get it. For damn decades Republicans have been opposed to increases in the income taxes. Oh they wimper, if you increase taxes on income, well people won't have income anymore. I mean the whole argument was stupid. Same for capital gains taxes. Oh, if we increase taxes on capital gains people won't invest anymore. More flippin bullshit. If you can spend one dollar and get back two, you flippin do it. Doesn't matter if you have to pay 10% in taxes or 90%. You still end up with more than the damn dollar you spent.

But now, well they want to increase the cost of EVERY FLIPPIN THING, by 30%. Think people might not buy as much? Hell, they couldn't buy as much. We are not talking a recession here, we are talking a full blown DEPRESSION. Can you say, "Paradox of Thrift"? No, these dumpshit Republicans don't even know the meaning of the term. Think Keynesian economics is dead. Pass the damn national sales tax bill, and Biden should sign the damn thing.. Beause that will be the end of the shitshow that is the current Republian party.

How in the hell does that make sense? Yes, it flippin matters. I mean I don't get it. For damn decades Republicans have been opposed to increases in the income taxes. Oh they wimper, if you increase taxes on income, well people won't have income anymore.

What difference does that make? Democrats tried to get taxes lowered on the rich.

Democrats are pushing tax breaks for the rich. They’ll cry when voters punish them | David Sirota

Biden promised to make the rich pay their fair share then went after the poor.

I mean the whole argument was stupid. Same for capital gains taxes. Oh, if we increase taxes on capital gains people won't invest anymore. More flippin bullshit. If you can spend one dollar and get back two, you flippin do it. Doesn't matter if you have to pay 10% in taxes or 90%. You still end up with more than the damn dollar you spent.

There is no push to raise gains on Capital Gains. I have argued for it for years and have been disappointed for years. Why didn't the Dems do this as opposed to making those who get $600 pay up?

But now, well they want to increase the cost of EVERY FLIPPIN THING, by 30%. Think people might not buy as much? Hell, they couldn't buy as much. We are not talking a recession here, we are talking a full blown DEPRESSION. Can you say, "Paradox of Thrift"? No, these dumpshit Republicans don't even know the meaning of the term. Think Keynesian economics is dead. Pass the damn national sales tax bill, and Biden should sign the damn thing.. Beause that will be the end of the shitshow that is the current Republian party.

LOL, fairy tales are not answers.

What difference does that make? Democrats tried to get taxes lowered on the rich.

Democrats are pushing tax breaks for the rich. They’ll cry when voters punish them | David Sirota

Biden promised to make the rich pay their fair share then went after the poor.

There is no push to raise gains on Capital Gains. I have argued for it for years and have been disappointed for years. Why didn't the Dems do this as opposed to making those who get $600 pay up?

LOL, fairy tales are not answers.
First, your tax cut to the rich was merely an increase in the SALT deduction, which was limited by Trump simply to punish those that live in blue states.

Second, I don't want an increase in the capital gains rate, I want capital gains to be taxed as normal income.

Third, tell me, after wailing like stuck pigs over nine percent inflation how can the Republican party justify a 30% increase in the price of everything? Tell me, how can the Republican party, who often talk about simplifying the tax code, justify swamping hard working independent business owners with monthly paperword and submission of sales tax revenue to the state. How can they complain about 87,000 IRS agents while practically deputizing every hairdresser, plumber, electrician, and Uber driver as an IRS agent responsible for collecting revenue from their customers. Come on, the idea is not only stupid, it is totally FUBARED.

First, your tax cut to the rich was merely an increase in the SALT deduction, which was limited by Trump simply to punish those that live in blue states.

So what? It was a tax on the rich who Biden said needed to pay more of their fair share. It's bad because Trump did it?

Again, what did the Democrats do? Held the poor accountable.

Second, I don't want an increase in the capital gains rate, I want capital gains to be taxed as normal income.

Which would?

Third, tell me, after wailing like stuck pigs over nine percent inflation how can the Republican party j

Bite me, I'm not here to defend the Republicans. You tell me, how does Biden say the rich needed to pay their fair share (which is what I support) but then go after the poor?

DOA

Among the things House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) promised a group of 20 hard-right holdouts in order to win the speaker's gavel was a vote on legislation that would scrap the Internal Revenue System and U.S. taxation system and replace it with a 30 percent national sales tax. Rep. Buddy Carter (R-Ga.) has already filed legislation for this "Fair Tax Act," but McCarthy told reporters on Tuesday he opposes the bill.

McCarthy isn't alone. Three GOP congressmen from New York swing districts have already pledged to vote against it — effectively dooming the long-shot legislation.

Kevin McCarthy disavows 30 percent national sales tax he promised a vote on to win House speaker race

Forum List

Back