Google Chrome Emergency Patch

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Looks like another major browser hack was detected or rather anonymously reported to Google. Update with the patch as soon as possible. This can also affect any browser built on Chromium (the open source Chrome) like Microsoft Edge.
Earlier this week, Google's Threat Analysis Group (TAG) disclosed details of a twin campaign staged by North Korean nation-state groups that weaponized the flaw to strike U.S. based organizations spanning news media, IT, cryptocurrency, and fintech industries.

Google Chrome users are highly recommended to update to the latest version 99.0.4844.84 for Windows, Mac, and Linux to mitigate any potential threats. Users of Chromium-based browsers such as Microsoft Edge, Opera, and Vivaldi are also advised to apply the fixes as and when they become available.

Google Issues Urgent Chrome Update to Patch Actively Exploited Zero-Day Vulnerability

I went to change some passwords and contact info on my Google page and guess what, they can still connect to your phone to verify your account even if you turn off data and wifi connections and put it in airplane mode. Proof that if your phone is on no matter what you do they can spy on you.

They set up the software so that what you think its doing and what you tell it to do is completely different than what is actually going on.

We're getting the raw end of a shit stick.

I went to change some passwords and contact info on my Google page and guess what, they can still connect to your phone to verify your account even if you turn off data and wifi connections and put it in airplane mode. Proof that if your phone is on no matter what you do they can spy on you.

They set up the software so that what you think its doing and what you tell it to do is completely different than what is actually going on.

We're getting the raw end of a shit stick.
i do not mind Google knowing everything about me and tracking my location. i actually want Google to know things i like and where i am, as funny as it sounds LOL. i love using Google to search things. i love Google maps too. :)

Looks like another major browser hack was detected or rather anonymously reported to Google. Update with the patch as soon as possible. This can also affect any browser built on Chromium (the open source Chrome) like Microsoft Edge.

Google Issues Urgent Chrome Update to Patch Actively Exploited Zero-Day Vulnerability
I can't even use Chrome on my cheap little laptop. I can't even update it. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but it still crashes right away on startup. Firefox does the same thing. It crashes on startup.

I'm kinda stuck using Microsoft Edge on that computer. :(

I can't even use Chrome on my cheap little laptop. I can't even update it. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but it still crashes right away on startup. Firefox does the same thing. It crashes on startup.

I'm kinda stuck using Microsoft Edge on that computer. :(
Which manufacturer?

Which manufacturer?
It's an Acer Aspire 5 with a Microsoft Windows 10 OS.

I wonder if it's got a virus.

Maybe I just need to nuke it. I know I made a USB recovery thumb drive in case I needed to reinstall Windows, but I have no clue where that is.

Last edited:
It's an Acer Aspire 5 with a Microsoft Windows 10 OS.

I wonder if it's got a virus.

Maybe I just need to nuke it. I know I made a USB thumb drive in case I needed to reinstall Windows, but I have no clue where that is.
Make a new one.

I didn't know you could do that.
Yeah, The media installation tool is what gets installed, I think you have the option of running it directly from the download or installing it on the USB thumb (flash) drive. If from the flash drive only once it's burned on the drive you'll have to restart, enter BIOs (or boot sequencer) and select it to boot from the thumb drive then just follow the instructions.

Forum List

Back