Good guy with a gun shot and killed by police .

Armed security at a club . Shooter comes in and security takes him to ground and has him at gun point . NRA wet dream !

Until the cops show up and shoot the security guard cause they think he’s the bad guy .

Oh, and he was black .

Officer shoots, kills armed security guard outside south suburban bar

"He had somebody on the ground with his knee in back, with his gun in his back like, 'Don’t move,'" witness Adam Harris said.

Soon after, witnesses said, an officer responding to the scene fired at Roberson — killing him.

You should have made this a thread about police use of force, enforcement bias, and reactionary trigger happy enforcement. That is the meaningful discussion to be had. Trying to make this a 'guns = eevuuuuuhlll!' discussion is absolutely stupid. The fact that you couldn't figure that out on your own goes to show that you don't give a shit about the innocent life that was lost.

/thread

Armed security at a club . Shooter comes in and security takes him to ground and has him at gun point . NRA wet dream !

Until the cops show up and shoot the security guard cause they think he’s the bad guy .

Oh, and he was black .

"He had somebody on the ground with his knee in back, with his gun in his back like, 'Don’t move,'" witness Adam Harris said.

Soon after, witnesses said, an officer responding to the scene fired at Roberson — killing him.
Tell us again how only the government should be allowed to have guns.

The security guard should have known better -- he tried to do the right thing, but he did it the wrong way.

When the police came on the scene, he should have put his gun down, laid face down and put his hands out to the side to make sure the police did not see him as a threat.

Black people especially should all know this by now

The security guard should have known better -- he tried to do the right thing, but he did it the wrong way.

When the police came on the scene, he should have put his gun down, laid face down and put his hands out to the side to make sure the police did not see him as a threat.

Black people especially should all know this by now
White people have known it for years.

This story seems to prove the point of both sides of the gun debate. A shooting at a crowded bar. Check. Good guy with a gun stopping the shooting. Check. Police killing the good guy with a gun. What?

According to the timeline we believe is what happened, so far, the baddies were kicked out of the bar for causing a disturbance. Ok. So far so normal. I mean, it happens in most popular bars about once a night. The baddies went and got firepower, and returned. That doesn’t normally happen. The badies open fire, and an armed security guard stopped the shooting, and captured one of the baddies. Ok. Good. The armed guard is holding the baddie at gunpoint and waiting for the police. Great job my friend. The good guy is literally kneeling on the bad guy with the gun in his back making sure he doesn’t try to get away, or start to hurt anyone else. The police arrive, and not the first one on the scene, but one who arrived a few moments later saw this and opened fire.

Family Files Federal Lawsuit After Police Officer Kills Security Guard While Responding To Bar Shooting

Now, here is the problem I see so far. It shows a problem, one I have complained about for a while, about police acting before they know what is going on. It is part of basic problem solving. First, identify the problem, assess the problem, and then determine what courses of action are available, and which is the best. There was no one shooting at that moment, and no reason to open fire just because you saw a gun. Who is holding the gun? I am going to make an assumption. The armed guard was in uniform, they almost always are. But why not open fire? I mean, you see a man kneeling over another man and holding a gun on him. Why not open fire?

Because what is it you are seeing? Yes, you see a man with a gun. But he isn’t shooting the other guy. He’s holding the other guy down. If he was going to murder the other fellow, he would have just shot him and moved along. The other guy would be dead before you arrived.

Assess the situation. Take that extra fraction of a second and figure out what is going on. But that extra fraction of a second is never trained to the police these days. It’s all about quick draw and rapid fire now. How fast can you get the gun out, and how fast can you fire multiple rounds at the baddie?

The pro police folks will argue that we can’t wait that fraction of a second to assess the situation because then we’ll have dead cops. Pfui. The responding officer could have taken that fraction of a second to step behind cover, and look around to make sure another baddie wasn’t running up behind him to put bullets in his own head. Look, and see what is going on.

Now, the cop is on administrative leave, the family has already filed a lawsuit, and the questions for the public, and there are many, is what now? A good guy with a gun stopped the shooting before mass casualties happened. Great. The good guy with a gun was gunned down by cops who are a little too willing to pull the trigger. I hope that the investigation into these events isn’t going to take the usual year or two or five before we get the report. Because there really needs to be a lot of answers to questions soon.
Of course the shooting that started the event is really rare in countries with strong gun control. Common here.

Oh, and he was black .

Wtf is wrong with you

What’s wrong with me ? What’s wrong with you cons denying that blacks are targeted by the cops ? What’s wrong with cons thinking that arming everyone is the way to go?
So the cops fuck up and you blame it on the NRA

You have become completely unhinged.
Because of our weak gun laws law enforcement are regularly shot and killed. This is why they themselves too often shoot people. Too many guns.

Oh, and he was black .

Wtf is wrong with you

What’s wrong with me ? What’s wrong with you cons denying that blacks are targeted by the cops ? What’s wrong with cons thinking that arming everyone is the way to go?
So the cops fuck up and you blame it on the NRA

You have become completely unhinged.
Because of our weak gun laws law enforcement are regularly shot and killed. This is why they themselves too often shoot people. Too many guns.
Na, not really
Buy more guns and ammo...

Don’t worry . I’m sure this thread will be moved by the bias conservative mods .

Meanwhile, every time a grandma stops a robber with a gun it’s allowed to stay in politics.

Called it again . I am being trargeted by powermad conservative mods .

This story seems to prove the point of both sides of the gun debate. A shooting at a crowded bar. Check. Good guy with a gun stopping the shooting. Check. Police killing the good guy with a gun. What?

According to the timeline we believe is what happened, so far, the baddies were kicked out of the bar for causing a disturbance. Ok. So far so normal. I mean, it happens in most popular bars about once a night. The baddies went and got firepower, and returned. That doesn’t normally happen. The badies open fire, and an armed security guard stopped the shooting, and captured one of the baddies. Ok. Good. The armed guard is holding the baddie at gunpoint and waiting for the police. Great job my friend. The good guy is literally kneeling on the bad guy with the gun in his back making sure he doesn’t try to get away, or start to hurt anyone else. The police arrive, and not the first one on the scene, but one who arrived a few moments later saw this and opened fire.

Family Files Federal Lawsuit After Police Officer Kills Security Guard While Responding To Bar Shooting

Now, here is the problem I see so far. It shows a problem, one I have complained about for a while, about police acting before they know what is going on. It is part of basic problem solving. First, identify the problem, assess the problem, and then determine what courses of action are available, and which is the best. There was no one shooting at that moment, and no reason to open fire just because you saw a gun. Who is holding the gun? I am going to make an assumption. The armed guard was in uniform, they almost always are. But why not open fire? I mean, you see a man kneeling over another man and holding a gun on him. Why not open fire?

Because what is it you are seeing? Yes, you see a man with a gun. But he isn’t shooting the other guy. He’s holding the other guy down. If he was going to murder the other fellow, he would have just shot him and moved along. The other guy would be dead before you arrived.

Assess the situation. Take that extra fraction of a second and figure out what is going on. But that extra fraction of a second is never trained to the police these days. It’s all about quick draw and rapid fire now. How fast can you get the gun out, and how fast can you fire multiple rounds at the baddie?

The pro police folks will argue that we can’t wait that fraction of a second to assess the situation because then we’ll have dead cops. Pfui. The responding officer could have taken that fraction of a second to step behind cover, and look around to make sure another baddie wasn’t running up behind him to put bullets in his own head. Look, and see what is going on.

Now, the cop is on administrative leave, the family has already filed a lawsuit, and the questions for the public, and there are many, is what now? A good guy with a gun stopped the shooting before mass casualties happened. Great. The good guy with a gun was gunned down by cops who are a little too willing to pull the trigger. I hope that the investigation into these events isn’t going to take the usual year or two or five before we get the report. Because there really needs to be a lot of answers to questions soon.
Of course the shooting that started the event is really rare in countries with strong gun control. Common here.

If it is so common why haven’t I ever been shot at while at a bar?

My apologies to Lips and Savanah. I have no problem with Richard Pryor live in Cleve album henceforth.....

Maybe a good guy got shot on top a bad guy? But we never hear the real truth. more waiting.....

So did he have a uniform on, and if he did, why would police shoot him? If he didn't have one, they might want to have them wear uniforms in these places now.

Police are shooting way too many of the wrong people these days. It's got to be something in their training.

Their ROE have something seriously wrong going on.

Forum List

Back