Gold star for the author of this piece

What the matter, can't you fellows enslave and abuse all the diverse souls in the US anymore like one hundred years ago?

here's the way I see it. My parents were born here...I was born here. BUT I am of Swedish heritage. that makes me a Swede first American second. That's the facts. How else is there to see it?

here's the way I see it. My parents were born here...I was born here. BUT I am of Swedish heritage. that makes me a Swede first American second. That's the facts. How else is there to see it?

You can see it however you want. It's not particularly important to me.

Some people define themselves only as Americans.

Some people define themselves by ethnic group first.

Some people define themselves as citizens of the world, and don't care about being American or about an ethnic group.

Whatever floats your boat. I won't be offended.

As far as the OP goes, I read the article, but it never seems to get any actual point, other than "Immigrants are authoritarians!". Given that it's primarily conservative white natives who are acting like authoritarians now, that's a very silly thing to try to claim.

You can see it however you want. It's not particularly important to me.

Some people define themselves only as Americans.

Some people define themselves by ethnic group first.

Some people define themselves as citizens of the world, and don't care about being American or about an ethnic group.

Whatever floats your boat. I won't be offended.

As far as the OP goes, I read the article, but it never seems to get any actual point, other than "Immigrants are authoritarians!". Given that it's primarily conservative white natives who are acting like authoritarians now, that's a very silly thing to try to claim.

Many but not all come from authoritarian cultures and bring that with them unlike immigration patterns of the past.

Forum List

Back