Going out of business sale

dannyboys

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2013
Does anyone you know need a nice warm fleece hoodie?
The wind turbines in Texas are frozen fuckin solid and they won't be running for at least a month. Maintenance crews must service each turbine before it can go back online. (The snow and ice have covered the solar panels on everyone's roof.)
Rolling blackouts. The supermarkets have rotting food in their coolers and freezers.
A neighbor about a mile away who still has a HRC campaign sign on his lawn has an ad up on Ebay. He's selling off three hundred 'LINCOLN PROJECT' hoodies at deep discount prices and a large assortment of 'HANDS UP DON'T SHOOT!' and Trayvon Martin and Jesse 'Smell-IT hoodies.

They are not heated, next time engineers will put heat tape in them or whatever they use.

They are not heated, next time engineers will put heat tape in them or whatever they use.
Hey P. You've been really fingering yourself over these frozen wind turbines and peoples misery. You have a battery operated one in your dresser drawer by chance?

I
BB1dFSd2.jpg
bet if you look at one of those turbines it would unfreeze real quick.

LOL! Spinning blades? A wire for heat? Duh.
Hey dumfuk...yea you...wind turbines in North Dakota function down to minus twenty using "cold packs" so ...yea

Icing is the problem that we're discussing, not cold, read and learn before spouting off.

Are you sure about that?

I mean really....are you truly sure about that?

I mean....do you really think that is a cost effective way of handling the situation in the future?

I mean...are you absolutely sure of that?

Are you a wind turbine engineer?

Or should you simply delete one of the most dumbass posts I have read on here.

They're like roofs, they have different products for different zones. Nobody expected wind turbines in texas to need cold weather mods.

Are you sure about that?

I mean....do you really think that is a cost effective way of handling the situation in the future?

The ones here in Kansas are still working fine as far as I know. They are rated for colder weather.

They're like roofs, they have different products for different zones. Nobody expected wind turbines in texas to need cold weather mods.
Wrong.

Of course they expected it to happen. That is part of planning and development.

But they realized they would not only be cost effective or fossil fuel efficient if they did something about it....so they hoped and prayed.

But for you to say engineers did not anticipate how cold weather will affect the turbines, is an insult to their expertise and trade

It also exposes how you refuse to accept the truth.

Rotating contact points. How do you think the horn button in your steering wheel stays connected?
Quarter turn to the left of tight for each fastener
This should have gone without saying but "How do you think the horn button in your steering wheel stays connected" to the electrical system?

derp

Not wrong.

Sorry for your luck.
Not wrong?

So you say the engineers were not well educated? They did not anticipate this issue...at all? Ever? Even with climate change? They assumed there will never be sub freezing weather like that had 30 years ago ever again?

So they are not as smart as you are?

Is that what you are saying when you tell me I am not wrong?

Are you sure about that?

Well gee...let's think about that. As noted earlier in this very thread, North Dakota uses cold packs to make their WTs function down to -20F. That INCLUDES snow and ice conditions of course.

Wind Turbines in Texas froze up at 10 deg Ya think they installed cold packs in Texas?

Rotating contact points. How do you think the horn button in your steering wheel stays connected?
Quarter turn to the left of tight for each fastener
This should have gone without saying but "How do you think the horn button in your steering wheel stays connected" to the electrical system?

derp
The same way the logo on the steering wheel stays plumb.

You are barking up the wrong tree with that.

Forum List

Back