Go Pro camera Footage Strapped To The Fuselage Of A Mig 31

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
Best in full screen.

Moping around the house a few days back when the door bell rang and the dogs went nuts. The neighbor lady frantically wanted to know if I had any aspirin. Seems her husband was having a heart attack and the paramedic wanted to give him an aspirin. Found some aspirin, went over. They had him on O2, but he was still pretty white, conscious and still moving around from the pain. I wanted to give him some nitro, which I had plenty of, but the medics refused, so I left before we got into a argument.

Enjoy.

What it's like to fly a fighter jet?strapped to its wing

Last edited:
He had a stent placed. They gave him some nitros when he got to the hospital. I thought EMT's were supposed to try to save lives. I guess not.

Back in the old days, before epinephrine injections for bee bites were available, they used to give anyone who was known allergic to bee stings some Benadryl caps to take. Embarassingly, more often than not, they found the Benadryl capsule nicely still intact in the gut on autopsy. It takes roughly 1/2 an hour for a tablet to start dissolving in your gut, liquids are quicker, fifteen minutes or so. Nitro tabs under the tongue are quicker yet, 3 to 4 minutes. That's why the usual instructions on nitros are one tablet under the tongue every five minutes, if no relief after three tablets, call MD.
After that, I guess if I ever need an ambulance, I'll have to drive myself or walk, if need be. The care will be better.
They're starting to suspect, this is all theoretical, that once a coronary artery decides to constrict, or detects a constriction or decrease in the flow of blood, the smaller, subordinate arteries downstream start to release chemical intermediaries that cause further constriction downstream from them. If so, you have a crescendo of constriction, which if not interrupted wll lead to muscle death and death of the individual himself if enough muscle dies. The trick, if that supposition is correct, would be to get in there as quickly as possible and interrupt that cycle of ever more constricting constriction which seems to have been designed by nature to only get worse and worse with every passing minute. Taking a pill designed to dissolve in a half hour and provide a tiny little bit of anti inflamatory activity at the end just won't cut it. Those aspirin commercials where someone is telling the TV viewer my life was saved by this little tablet should make you laugh

He had a stent placed. They gave him some nitros when he got to the hospital. I thought EMT's were supposed to try to save lives. I guess not.

Back in the old days, before epinephrine injections for bee bites were available, they used to give anyone who was known allergic to bee stings some Benadryl caps to take. Embarassingly, more often than not, they found the Benadryl capsule nicely still intact in the gut on autopsy. It takes roughly 1/2 an hour for a tablet to start dissolving in your gut, liquids are quicker, fifteen minutes or so. Nitro tabs under the tongue are quicker yet, 3 to 4 minutes. That's why the usual instructions on nitros are one tablet under the tongue every five minutes, if no relief after three tablets, call MD.
After that, I guess if I ever need an ambulance, I'll have to drive myself or walk, if need be. The care will be better.
They're starting to suspect, this is all theoretical, that once a coronary artery decides to constrict, or detects a constriction or decrease in the flow of blood, the smaller, subordinate arteries downstream start to release chemical intermediaries that cause further constriction downstream from them. If so, you have a crescendo of constriction, which if not interrupted wll lead to muscle death and death of the individual himself if enough muscle dies. The trick, if that supposition is correct, would be to get in there as quickly as possible and interrupt that cycle of ever more constricting constriction which seems to have been designed by nature to only get worse and worse with every passing minute. Taking a pill designed to dissolve in a half hour and provide a tiny little bit of anti inflamatory activity at the end just won't cut it. Those aspirin commercials where someone is telling the TV viewer my life was saved by this little tablet should make you laugh
I suppose you could chew an aspirin or two upon onset of heart attack symptoms, but it might make you throw up.

If you've got it on hand, Alka-Seltzer has 324mg of aspirin in two tablets.

Most aspirin use is prophylactic, I expect -- daily use to keep a therapeutic amount in your system.

Prophylactic at best for its anti inflammatory properties.

Inflammation of the lining of the arteries is suspected to be at the root of plaque formation, plaque formation is suspected to be a bodily defense against the inflammation. One of the causes of the inflammation is suspected to be hypertension. Plaque forms to protect the artery wall against the inflammation, artery lumen narrows as a consequence, blood pressure goes up, more plaque forms, artery lumen narrows some more, blood pressure goes up. Plaque eventually thickens enough to have pieces break off and float downstream pursuant to the blood flow. The size of piece that breaks off and the diameter of the artery it gets lodged in determines whether you live or die, Mark haynes, Tim Russert, James Gandolfini.
We've "Come a long way, baby" since the early 80's and the advent of the genetically engineered 'Clot buster' TPA which really did dissolve blood clots. They eventually found out the culprit wasn't blood clots but solid pieces of plaque which contained lots of cholesterol interspersed through its structure. TPA came with a $2,000 a dose price tag which made the therapeutic error even worse.
BTW Aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid, is a real live honest to goodness acid, which when you chew it erodes the dentin on the teeth. Not a good idea, if you manage to live.
Interesting to think that there's a demographic change going on here. Thirty years ago the guy next door would have been a goner, his thoughts, ideas, political philosophy and vote no longer existant, or at best like the lady on the cardiology floor when i did my rotation through there 40 years ago, only physically able to get up out of bed and make the two steps necessary to get to her chair to look out the window at people able to still carry on their daily activities.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back