GM says bankruptcy excuses it from Impala repairs

nuff said, the legend....Lives.........

and I've pinned it at 160....

I did 160+ in a 1970's Camaro before the window stripping blew off. I nearly lost the window before I got her shut down. Scarry stuff!

My friend crashed it 2 weeks later trying to top that speed & he killed someone in a head-on collision. He was a dangerous idiot for trying that on a populated road.

nuff said, the legend....Lives.........

and I've pinned it at 160....

I did 160+ in a 1970's Camaro before the window stripping blew off. I nearly lost the window before I got her shut down. Scarry stuff!

My friend crashed it 2 weeks later trying to top that speed & he killed someone in a head-on collision. He was a dangerous idiot for trying that on a populated road.

they had a speedometer that went that high in a camaro? or he had it blown up?

Maybe one of our legal beagles will stop by and explain why the 'new' GM would be responsible for retirement benefits and warranty contracts established by the 'old' GM but would not be responsible for potentially dangerous mechanical flaws created by the 'old' GM?

Maybe one of our legal beagles will stop by and explain why the 'new' GM would be responsible for retirement benefits and warranty contracts established by the 'old' GM but would not be responsible for potentially dangerous mechanical flaws created by the 'old' GM?

oh me me me pick me!!!

th_horshack.jpg

because it wasn't about cars!??!

So Obama lied again, he said repairs and warranties would be covered by the US Government, shocker.......

oh me me me pick me!!!

th_horshack.jpg

because it wasn't about cars!??!

Are you a grimbribber Traj?

Last edited:
Fastest car I ever owned was a 86 Ford Mustang GT...damn that car was fast.
I could bark the tires at 60mph...try that one.
Before that I had an 82 TransAm...phhhft...it was a dog. No faster than my parents Malibu...what a disappointment that car was.

Obama lied his but off on this. And now the reality. After billions in taxpayer bailout-handouts, and billions in stock that you and me paid $54 per share for, now trading at $21, "new GM" says bankruptcy protects it from warranty claims on cars sold by "old GM". How convenient that such obligations were not made a part of the actual bail-out deal with government. We bailed out these losers, so that there was virtually no market-shift, or hardship to the employees and unions, as would have occured with a normal bankruptcy.

A Union bailout was all this ever was. Screw the taxpayer. And now screw the customer too.

GM says bankruptcy excuses it from repairs on 400K cars - chicagotribune.com

General Motors Co. is seeking to dismiss a lawsuit over a suspension problem on more than 400,000 Chevrolet Impalas from the 2007 and 2008 model years, saying it should not be responsible for repairs because the flaw predated its bankruptcy.

The lawsuit, filed on June 29 by Donna Trusky of Blakely, Penn., contended that her Impala suffered from faulty rear spindle rods, causing her rear tires to wear out after just 6,000miles.

Remember this?

Quote:
U.S. will guarantee GM, Chrysler warranties, Obama says
By: Neil Roland And Richard Truett, Automotive News on 3/30/2009

In a bid to boost flagging auto sales, the federal government will pay for any warranty repairs on a General Motors or Chrysler vehicle if either company can't because of financial problems or a bankruptcy filing, President Barack Obama said on Monday.

"Let me say this as plainly as I can. If you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired just like always," Obama said in a speech. "Your warranty will be safe. In fact, it will be safer than it has ever been. Because starting today, the United States will stand behind your warranty."

U.S. will guarantee GM, Chrysler warranties, Obama says - AutoWeek

Last edited:

Forum List

Back