Gladys Knight catching flak for wanting to sing National Anthem at Super Bowl

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Pretty fucking sad day where we've reached the point that someone would get shit for singing the Anthem. :bang3:

Gladys Knight defends decision to sing anthem at Super Bowl — only to face more criticism

Gladys Knight was criticized following the announcement that she’ll be singing the national anthem at the Super Bowl, but the backlash will not make her change her mind.

That’s what the “Midnight Train to Georgia” songstress told Variety in response to the news outlet’s question about her stance on the NFL’s treatment of Colin Kaepernick, who refused to stand during the anthem in protest of injustices against African-Americans and other minorities in the United States and has been out of a job since the 2016 season ended.

“I understand that Mr. Kaepernick is protesting two things, and they are police violence and injustice,” Knight, a seven-time Grammy winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, told Variety. “It is unfortunate that our national anthem has been dragged into this debate when the distinctive senses of the national anthem and fighting for justice should each stand alone.”

She continued, “I am here today and on Sunday, Feb. 3 to give the anthem back its voice, to stand for that historic choice of words, the way it unites us when we hear it and to free it from the same prejudices and struggles I have fought long and hard for all my life, from walking back hallways, from marching with our social leaders, from using my voice for good — I have been in the forefront of this battle longer than most of those voicing their opinions to win the right to sing our country’s anthem on a stage as large as the Super Bowl LIII.”

Gladys Knight don't care. She has a large, international organization behind her, and also a really big someone else.

Pretty fucking sad day where we've reached the point that someone would get shit for singing the Anthem. :bang3:

Gladys Knight defends decision to sing anthem at Super Bowl — only to face more criticism

Gladys Knight was criticized following the announcement that she’ll be singing the national anthem at the Super Bowl, but the backlash will not make her change her mind.

That’s what the “Midnight Train to Georgia” songstress told Variety in response to the news outlet’s question about her stance on the NFL’s treatment of Colin Kaepernick, who refused to stand during the anthem in protest of injustices against African-Americans and other minorities in the United States and has been out of a job since the 2016 season ended.

“I understand that Mr. Kaepernick is protesting two things, and they are police violence and injustice,” Knight, a seven-time Grammy winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, told Variety. “It is unfortunate that our national anthem has been dragged into this debate when the distinctive senses of the national anthem and fighting for justice should each stand alone.”

She continued, “I am here today and on Sunday, Feb. 3 to give the anthem back its voice, to stand for that historic choice of words, the way it unites us when we hear it and to free it from the same prejudices and struggles I have fought long and hard for all my life, from walking back hallways, from marching with our social leaders, from using my voice for good — I have been in the forefront of this battle longer than most of those voicing their opinions to win the right to sing our country’s anthem on a stage as large as the Super Bowl LIII.”
Will love to watch her sing the National Anthem. :clap:

The idiot left (a redundancy, I know) tries it's best to coerce and bully people into following it's Stalinist agenda but there is still strong resistance out there to their nonsense.
On every level of life it's important to resist the box the left would like to place us in.

Kaepernick not defending Knight's choice to sing should leave no doubt in anyones mind that he is using the situation for nothing but personal gain. He repeatedly commented that he wasn't protesting the anthem itself and that he was kneeling as a form of protest to call attention to BLM.

If she wants to sing it, there is nothing wrong with her asking. If you do not ask, you most definitely do not get. I would love to hear Alison Krauss sing it because I have never heard her sing it before.

God bless you and her and Gladys always!!!

Holly (a fan of Alison for 25 years now)

P.S. Has Alison ever done the anthem anywhere before?

If she wants to sing it, there is nothing wrong with her asking. If you do not ask, you most definitely do not get. I would love to hear Alison Krauss sing it because I have never heard her sing it before.

God bless you and her and Gladys always!!!

Holly (a fan of Alison for 25 years now)

P.S. Has Alison ever done the anthem anywhere before?

Seek and ye shall find.

Ask and it shall be given.

Knock and the door shall be opened unto you.

^True stuff.

Are the black players being criticized for playing? Theyre a bunch of sell outs.

Forum List

Back