Georgia State Deputy Suspended For His Free Speech -- WTF??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"A deputy in Georgia is facing termination for what he wrote on a social media post about the murder of Ahmaud Arbery. His killers were recently sentenced to life in prison, after having been convicted of his murder in November 2021. The now-suspended deputy, Paul Urhahn, made the comment on one of WGXA's social media posts, writing "That criminal arbery still got the death penalty though," in regards to the sentencing.

Eli Porter is an activist with the Poor And Minority Justice Association. He calls the comment disgusting.
"That deputy represents that entire department, and for him to say something like that – I'm just... it got under my skin," Porter said. Urhahn, according to the letter, can appeal within 10 days from Monday. If he doesn't, his termination will be effective as of January 20, 2022.

Obviously, this guy was upset because of the verdict in the Ahmaud Arbery murder trial...He was justifiably upset and expressed his solace in the fact that at least Arbery got the death penalty...I assume it is only fair that if you are going to sentence good men like Travis & Greg McMicheal and William Bryan to life --it is only right that Arbery loses his life in exchange for this woke-left agenda...This officer was left out to dry by his police department; how are you going to take the side of the BLM-cancel culture woke mob and not stand by the Constitutional rights of your own fellow officer?

Now some may say, if this officer holds this kind of opinion, if this officer actually believes Arbery deserved to be murdered -- does this bias enter into how he conducts police business?? Seriously? Obviously the guy was joking....but even if he wasn't, even he thinks Arbery should have been shot...so what?? All cops have biases; but the majority of them conduct their jobs according to the law, not according to their biases and prejudices..and honestly, depending on the biases that officer has -- it's probably a good thing if they act on those biases - as long as anyone who may be on the wrong end of that bias are not people with any power or value.

Yeah --- what I like best about freedom of speech is that then we know what people think! Leave the police officer alone, he should say what he likes. All of them should. Then we know.

Stopping people talking doesn't change what they think.

Yeah --- what I like best about freedom of speech is that then we know what people think! Leave the police officer alone, he should say what he likes. All of them should. Then we know.

THIS

Sunshine is the best disinfectant for shit like that. Let them open their mouths and expose the infection.

I second this. How would the authority figures rather a person express their feelings, with words or actions?

God bless you and the officer always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back