Georgia grandmother foils robbery

Georgia Grandmother Foils Robbery By Getting Into Shootout With Suspects « CBS Atlanta

If liberals had their way with guns, who knows what would have happened to this poor woman...?

Tell you what. So there is no misunderstanding please explain what Liberals would do "if they had their way with guns".

We can go from there.

Yep...this too I want to see.

If democrats had their way, this old lady would be in jail or dead. Thanks to Repubs she has a third option. She can go on with whats left of her life.

Makes you wonder how many of these stories never came to fruition because of strict gun laws.

MACON, Ga. (CBS Atlanta/AP) – Authorities in Georgia say a grandmother foiled a robbery attempt by two armed men by getting into a shootout with them, injuring one man.

Police told The Telegraph that Lulu Campbell just dropped off her grandson at her daughter’s house early Saturday morning when someone demanded money outside her car, threatening to shoot her.

“(The suspect) shouted, ‘Give me the (blanking) money and open the (blanking) door!’” Campbell told The Telegraph, describing her ordeal. “I said, ‘Oh my God, somebody is going to rob me.’ I said, ‘Baby, you’re going to kill me anyway, so I don’t have to open it!’”

Campbell says the man fired at her, missing. The 57-year-old fired back, striking him in the chest. Her truck sustained eight bullet holes in the hood, one in the grill. Both front side windows were destroyed. The second man fled after she shot at him.
Georgia Grandmother Foils Robbery By Getting Into Shootout With Suspects « CBS Atlanta

If liberals had their way with guns, who knows what would have happened to this poor woman...?
Tell you what. So there is no misunderstanding please explain what Liberals would do "if they had their way with guns".
We can go from there.
You have to be kidding.

Liberals - in general, so as to disarm you of your poendantic retort of "i'm a liberal and I don't support this so you must be wrong " - support any number of restrictions on guns, from ourtight bans to repeal of CCW laws to not allowing the use of deadly force to protect yourself outside the house. Ther's no question that, if they had their way, this woman would no thave been able to legally have a loaded gun at the ready in her truck.

Before you respond, try to grow some honesty.

There is something inherent in the liberal democrat mind that finds a natural sympathy with criiminals.

Sympathy? More like puzzlement over why they're so much more prevalent in red states!!!

Firearms Death Rate per 100,000 statistics - states compared - Crime data on StateMaster

Doesn't #1 DC have the most strict gun laws of every other place on that list?
Used to.
The SCotUS took care of some of that.

We can go from there.

If democrats had their way, this old lady would be in jail or dead. Thanks to Repubs she has a third option. She can go on with whats left of her life.

I am a Democrat and this woman is to be applauded. Not in jail or dead.

You were saying?

There is something inherent in the liberal democrat mind that finds a natural sympathy with criiminals.

Sympathy? More like puzzlement over why they're so much more prevalent in red states!!!

Firearms Death Rate per 100,000 statistics - states compared - Crime data on StateMaster

Since it's not a state and just a city, the numbers are skewed. We'd see high numbers, if other cities were listed. I'll look for it. My point, however, is that amongst the states the top is loaded with red states and true blues like NY, NJ, CT and MA are near the bottom. It doesn't appear that conservative attitudes towards gun control are helping firearm death numbers!!! :cool:

Um... did you notice DC? What sort of gun laws to they have there?
Withot DC, the whole-nation average is cut in half, as DC, alone, acconts for better than 45% of the rate.
:doh:

Since it's not a state and just a city, the numbers are skewed. We'd see high numbers, if other cities were listed. I'll look for it. My point, however, is that amongst the states the top is loaded with red states and true blues like NY, NJ, CT and MA are near the bottom. It doesn't appear that conservative attitudes towards gun control are helping firearm death numbers!!! :cool:

So since it's a city, the level of how strict gun laws are should be ignored?

Why is that? Other than the obvious reason that it goes against your agenda.

My question remains valid, unless, of course, you want to argue that liberals, in general agree with you.
How is your question valid when I am one of those Liberals you have stated believe one thing and I very clearly believe something the opposite?
Seems to me, your question is invalid for that reason.
Since you apparently missed it, I will aadd emphasis where necessary.
My question remains valid, unless, of course, you want to argue that liberals, in general. agree with you.

You won't even try to do this, as you know it is not true.

And thus, my question/statement is valid.

Sorry, the proof was on your shoulders since you said Liberals believe this, Democrats believe that.

We just showed you two of us, right off the bat, who DO NOT believe as you accuse This is YOUR FAIL. We don't have to prove anything. We simply and easily disproved YOUR accusations toward Liberals and Democrats.

Only a Simpleton would not see that.

My question remains valid, unless, of course, you want to argue that liberals, in general agree with you.

Your question is invalid....two of us have stepped up and made it invalid. Are you a Simpleton who cannot see that?

My question remains valid, unless, of course, you want to argue that liberals, in general. agree with you.

You won't even try to do this, as your dishonest ass knows it is not true.

I don't have to argue anything. You accused Liberals/Democrats of believing a certain thing....two of us stepped right up and proved you wrong. Are you a Simpleton not to see that?

Hmmm. I am a Democrat and do not think gun prohibition would work at all.

So, you were saying?

You're right I shoudn't broad brush.

But I guess saying "the majority of" every time gets annoying.

But still, that's what I should do to be more accurate.
Yes. His pendantry is a silly attempt to avoid the issue.

Of course, why he doesnt simply say that the liberals who DO support disarming little old ladies and DO think the state should have a monopoly on forse are wrong is beyind me - appaarently he'd rather try tio discredit people here rather than break his bond with his otherwise-ideological soulmates.
:dunno:

Fascinating....suddenly you move the goalposts.

How is your question valid when I am one of those Liberals you have stated believe one thing and I very clearly believe something the opposite?
Seems to me, your question is invalid for that reason.

You won't even try to do this, as you know it is not true.

Sorry, the proof was on your shoulders since you said Liberals believe this, Democrats believe that.

We just showed you two of us, right off the bat, who DO NOT believe as you accuse
Your counterexample is only valid if you believe that it is represetnative of the group you claim to represent.

But, because you pointlessly choose to be a child about thuis, I shall amend my question/statements so as to remove your pendantic complaint:

If liberals in general had their way with guns, who knows what would have happened to this poor woman...?

Please add the underlined to any statement where liberals are referenced.

Last edited:
You're right I shoudn't broad brush.

But I guess saying "the majority of" every time gets annoying.

But still, that's what I should do to be more accurate.
Yes. His pendantry is a silly attempt to avoid the issue.

Of course, why he doesnt simply say that the liberals who DO support disarming little old ladies and DO think the state should have a monopoly on force are wrong is beyond me - appaarently he'd rather try tio discredit people here rather than break his bond with his otherwise-ideological soulmates.
Fascinating....suddenly you move the goalposts.
I see that expecting a little intellectual honesty from you was rather silly on my part.

Not anymore. I believe the Supreme Court struck those laws down a few years ago.

No, I'm saying, if you want to count DC, we need a list of cities, not states. Haven't found one yet.

No, I'm saying, if you want to count DC, we need a list of cities, not states. Haven't found one yet.
No, you don't - you simply want to ignore DC because it goes agianst what you want to be true.

Forum List

Back