"Genocide" Perpetrated By The Administration Via Katrina

Against American citizens in need of immediate humanitarian aid.

Of course, Pres Bsuh did not vist Denver either

Weather "happens"...

Up here in the " Mile-Hi City", we just recovered from a Historic event - some even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions." It arrived in the form of a blizzard containing up to 44" inches of snow, winds to 90 MPH and greater... broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of motorists in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of communities, and cut power to ten's of thousands.

FYI:

George Bush did not come.

FEMA did nothing.

No one howled for the government.

No one blamed the government.

No one even uttered an expletive on TV.

Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit.

Our Mayor did not blame Mr. Bush or anyone else.

Our Governor did not blame Mr. Bush or anyone else, either.

CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC did not visit - or report on this category 5 snowstorm.

Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.

No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House.

No one looted.

Nobody - And I mean Nobody ...demanded the government do something.

Nobody expected the government to do anything, either.

No Larry King, no Shepard Smith, no Oprah, no Chris Mathews and no Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.

No Sean Penn, no Barbara Striesand... without fanfare... simply no Hollywood types to be found.

Nope, we just melted the snow for water.

Sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars.

ALL Truck drivers hauled people out of snow banks and didn't ask for a penny.

Local restaurants prepaired food for police and fire departments to deliver to snowbound families, elderly, and anyone else in need.

Families took in stranded people, typically, total strangers.

We fired up wood stoves, broke out kerosene, propane, or Coleman lanterns.

Fire wood was distributed to those that needed it.

We put on extra layers of clothes because up here, it is "Work or Die".

We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us out of a mess... created by a government sponsored welfare program that trades votes for 'sittin at home' checks.

Even though a Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never fallen this early in the season, we know it can happen; and how to deal with it ourselves.

In my travels, I've noticed that once above 48 degrees North Latitude, 90% of the world's social problems evaporate. It does seem that way, at least to me.

There may be a message inside this message... "The world does Not owe you a living!" Any part of this you don't understand?

http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/003975.html

genocide against whom? People who wont get themselves out of harms way?
"Genocide" is a term used by opportunist carpet bagger assholes like Barney Frank to feign concern and compassion for their fellow man. In truth, however, they use those terms for political expediency. Instead of compassion, they are full of contempt for their fellow man.

Hurricane Katrina; Has America Forgotten?
This week marked the one year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, which means it’s time for white Americans to look into the mirror and ask themselves what they have done to make life easier for the millions of impoverished Blacks they allowed to drown in New Orleans. The answer is, to put it bluntly, diddly squat. Despite all the promises to rebuild the Chocolate City and restore it to its original chocolatey goodness, houses ripped from their foundations still rest in the middle of the streets, with large crowds of local politicians standing around wondering what Bush is going to do about it. Parts of the Gulf of Mexico are still completely underwater. The thousands who fled Louisiana haven't been offered enough cash incentives to come back, and the grinning skeletons of entire Black families who remained behind carpet the rooftops to this day, patiently waiting for rescue teams that will never come.

We can never completely repay African-Americans for what we did to them in New Orleans, nor can we ever wash the blood of slavery off our hands. But there are meaningless little gestures we can make to show the Black community that we at least care enough to pretend like we give damn about their suffering. Naming a street in your community after Dr. Martin Luther King, for instance. Giving Halle Berry an Oscar. And most importantly, understanding that African Americans are essentially helpless children who need constant nurturing to survive.

About ten years ago, I noticed a homeless African-American man panhandling on the street corner outside my apartment building. Realizing that as a white man I was somehow responsible for his sorry state of affairs, I felt obligated to make amends. So I gave the poor man a crisp ten dollar bill, and he thanked me profusely.

The next day, I passed the same guy begging for change again. I gave him another ten bucks as I walked by. “Blesh you shir,” he slurred. “Gah Blesh you!” I shook my head and reminded him that the money was his by rights. In an anglo-centric system of White Privilege built through the exploitation of African slaves, every dollar a white person earns is essentially stolen from a black person - or from any other minority (except for those damn Asians who are practically house Negroes because they work hard and don't complain).

On third day, the poor guy was still out there on the corner but he didn’t even bother to thank me when I gave him another ten dollars. He just nodded as if he had expected it. Nevertheless, I gave him ten dollars every single day for the next two or three weeks. By the end of the month, rent was due and I was a little short on cash, so I had to skip my reparations payments for a while. Then one afternoon as I was knitting macrame bong sweaters for Hempfest '96, there came a loud pounding on my door.

“YO, WHERE’S MY MONEY, BITCH?” A familiar voice shouted from the hall. “I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE! OPEN UP!"

"I'm broke!" I cried. "I don't have any money to give you!"

“LIAR!" he growled back at me. "YOU TOOK ME FROM AFRICA AND BROUGHT ME OVER HERE IN CHAINS! NOW I WANT MY FORTY ACRES AND A MULE!!!”

As a progressive American sensitive to the plight of the oppressed hyphenated peoples, and aware that as a White American I am to totally blame for it, how could I possibly argue with him? I quickly slipped my credit card under the door, and listened as his footsteps dwindled away down the hall.

That was the last I heard from him until a couple weeks ago, when he knocked on my door as I was knitting bong sweaters for Hempfest '06. I looked through the peephole and saw a transformed man. Clean cut, shaven, and wearing a nice suit, he was almost completely indistinguishable from the downtrodden street bum I had met ten years before.

“I want to shake your hand,” he said when I opened the door and greeted him. “Before I met you, I was a broken man, and convinced that I was totally to blame for my condition. But your stup...err, generosity opened my eyes. Thanks to you, I was able to rise up out of the gutter and begin a rewarding and lucrative career transforming white guilt into cold hard cash. Now I'm running for Congress in the State of Maryland, and I'm counting on your support.”

“Of course, Mr. Mfume!" I agreed, beaming with pride. "I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can! I'll campaign, I'll pass out flyers, whatever you want!"

“Actually," he replied, clearing his throat, "they cancelled your credit card. I ‘ll need a new one.”

Later that evening, as I crawled onto the mountain of delinquent credit card bills and “pay or vacate notices” I've been sleeping on since I pawned my flotation tank, I congratulated myself on a job well done. In a small way, I had fulfilled my duty as the descendent of people with the same color skin as slave owners to enrich the lives of people with the same color skin as slaves 150 years in the grave.

No longer can the racist great, great, great, great grandchildren of plantation owners use the fact that they weren't even alive during the era of slavery to escape their responsibility for the plight of African-Americans. Hurricane Katrina will make sure of that. Like Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday, it will forever serve as an annual booster shot of white guilt.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/racism/index.html

"Genocide" is a term used by opportunist carpet bagger assholes like Barney Frank to feign concern and compassion for their fellow man. In truth, however, they use those terms for political expediency. Instead of compassion, they are full of contempt for their fellow man.

I know. The point was ST can't identify any specific group being targeted by this so called genocide.

The major problem with calling genocide when there is none is that it trivializes the charge. So when it actually happens, people wont be as responsive because they will be tired of people calling wolf.

The concept of individual responsibility is foreign to ST and others like him. It's rather sad.
The "concept of individual responsibility" is a mantra that right wingers repeat to themselves when little people get screwed by large entities, and as this thread is about government responsibility, I fail to see what it has to do with the subject. If you prefer anarchy, what are you doing on this board?

Report: $1.4 Billion Went to Fraudulent Aid for Katrina Victims
Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Report: $1.4 Billion Went to Fraudulent Aid for Katrina Victims
Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wow that's it? Petty cash compared to the money we lost track of in Iraq.
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/01/30/iraq.audit/

Yeah, my fiancee, an attorney, has seen some of these people who fraudulently claimed money from FEMA and who now are being asked to repay it. Like an 80 year man from the lower 9th ward who owned his home, or a family of 4 from the 7th ward. These people had no claim to FEMA money, FEMA money was obviously not intended for flood victims and anyone who points out that the government is claiming that people who were victims of the flood had no claim to a FEMA grant and how wrong it is to give money to flood victims, tell them they can keep it, then try to force them to pay it back 6 months later, is just a complaining whiner who doesn't believe in personal accountability.

These recoupments of money that was lawfully paid to qualified flood victims is causing such paranoia that one man actually sued the Road Home Program to have the size of his grant REDUCED because he feared the government would come back 6 months later and try to make him pay part or all of the grant back.

Of course, Pres Bsuh did not vist Denver either

Weather "happens"...

Up here in the " Mile-Hi City", we just recovered from a Historic event - some even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions." It arrived in the form of a blizzard containing up to 44" inches of snow, winds to 90 MPH and greater... broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of motorists in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of communities, and cut power to ten's of thousands.

FYI:

George Bush did not come.

FEMA did nothing.

No one howled for the government.

No one blamed the government.

No one even uttered an expletive on TV.

Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit.

Our Mayor did not blame Mr. Bush or anyone else.

Our Governor did not blame Mr. Bush or anyone else, either.

CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC did not visit - or report on this category 5 snowstorm.

Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.

No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House.

No one looted.

Nobody - And I mean Nobody ...demanded the government do something.

Nobody expected the government to do anything, either.

No Larry King, no Shepard Smith, no Oprah, no Chris Mathews and no Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.

No Sean Penn, no Barbara Striesand... without fanfare... simply no Hollywood types to be found.

Nope, we just melted the snow for water.

Sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars.

ALL Truck drivers hauled people out of snow banks and didn't ask for a penny.

Local restaurants prepaired food for police and fire departments to deliver to snowbound families, elderly, and anyone else in need.

Families took in stranded people, typically, total strangers.

We fired up wood stoves, broke out kerosene, propane, or Coleman lanterns.

Fire wood was distributed to those that needed it.

We put on extra layers of clothes because up here, it is "Work or Die".

We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us out of a mess... created by a government sponsored welfare program that trades votes for 'sittin at home' checks.

Even though a Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never fallen this early in the season, we know it can happen; and how to deal with it ourselves.

In my travels, I've noticed that once above 48 degrees North Latitude, 90% of the world's social problems evaporate. It does seem that way, at least to me.

There may be a message inside this message... "The world does Not owe you a living!" Any part of this you don't understand?

http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/003975.html

A) This has already been posted
B) Stop complaining
C) How many hundreds of people died in the Denver blizzard?
D) How many thousands were stranded without sanitary drinking water?
E) How many were up to their necks in snow INSIDE their house?

Hurricane Katrina; Has America Forgotten?
This week marked the one year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, which means it’s time for white Americans to look into the mirror and ask themselves what they have done to make life easier for the millions of impoverished Blacks they allowed to drown in New Orleans. The answer is, to put it bluntly, diddly squat. Despite all the promises to rebuild the Chocolate City and restore it to its original chocolatey goodness, houses ripped from their foundations still rest in the middle of the streets, with large crowds of local politicians standing around wondering what Bush is going to do about it. Parts of the Gulf of Mexico are still completely underwater. The thousands who fled Louisiana haven't been offered enough cash incentives to come back, and the grinning skeletons of entire Black families who remained behind carpet the rooftops to this day, patiently waiting for rescue teams that will never come.

We can never completely repay African-Americans for what we did to them in New Orleans, nor can we ever wash the blood of slavery off our hands. But there are meaningless little gestures we can make to show the Black community that we at least care enough to pretend like we give damn about their suffering. Naming a street in your community after Dr. Martin Luther King, for instance. Giving Halle Berry an Oscar. And most importantly, understanding that African Americans are essentially helpless children who need constant nurturing to survive.

About ten years ago, I noticed a homeless African-American man panhandling on the street corner outside my apartment building. Realizing that as a white man I was somehow responsible for his sorry state of affairs, I felt obligated to make amends. So I gave the poor man a crisp ten dollar bill, and he thanked me profusely.

The next day, I passed the same guy begging for change again. I gave him another ten bucks as I walked by. “Blesh you shir,” he slurred. “Gah Blesh you!” I shook my head and reminded him that the money was his by rights. In an anglo-centric system of White Privilege built through the exploitation of African slaves, every dollar a white person earns is essentially stolen from a black person - or from any other minority (except for those damn Asians who are practically house Negroes because they work hard and don't complain).

On third day, the poor guy was still out there on the corner but he didn’t even bother to thank me when I gave him another ten dollars. He just nodded as if he had expected it. Nevertheless, I gave him ten dollars every single day for the next two or three weeks. By the end of the month, rent was due and I was a little short on cash, so I had to skip my reparations payments for a while. Then one afternoon as I was knitting macrame bong sweaters for Hempfest '96, there came a loud pounding on my door.

“YO, WHERE’S MY MONEY, BITCH?” A familiar voice shouted from the hall. “I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE! OPEN UP!"

"I'm broke!" I cried. "I don't have any money to give you!"

“LIAR!" he growled back at me. "YOU TOOK ME FROM AFRICA AND BROUGHT ME OVER HERE IN CHAINS! NOW I WANT MY FORTY ACRES AND A MULE!!!”

As a progressive American sensitive to the plight of the oppressed hyphenated peoples, and aware that as a White American I am to totally blame for it, how could I possibly argue with him? I quickly slipped my credit card under the door, and listened as his footsteps dwindled away down the hall.

That was the last I heard from him until a couple weeks ago, when he knocked on my door as I was knitting bong sweaters for Hempfest '06. I looked through the peephole and saw a transformed man. Clean cut, shaven, and wearing a nice suit, he was almost completely indistinguishable from the downtrodden street bum I had met ten years before.

“I want to shake your hand,” he said when I opened the door and greeted him. “Before I met you, I was a broken man, and convinced that I was totally to blame for my condition. But your stup...err, generosity opened my eyes. Thanks to you, I was able to rise up out of the gutter and begin a rewarding and lucrative career transforming white guilt into cold hard cash. Now I'm running for Congress in the State of Maryland, and I'm counting on your support.”

“Of course, Mr. Mfume!" I agreed, beaming with pride. "I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can! I'll campaign, I'll pass out flyers, whatever you want!"

“Actually," he replied, clearing his throat, "they cancelled your credit card. I ‘ll need a new one.”

Later that evening, as I crawled onto the mountain of delinquent credit card bills and “pay or vacate notices” I've been sleeping on since I pawned my flotation tank, I congratulated myself on a job well done. In a small way, I had fulfilled my duty as the descendent of people with the same color skin as slave owners to enrich the lives of people with the same color skin as slaves 150 years in the grave.

No longer can the racist great, great, great, great grandchildren of plantation owners use the fact that they weren't even alive during the era of slavery to escape their responsibility for the plight of African-Americans. Hurricane Katrina will make sure of that. Like Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday, it will forever serve as an annual booster shot of white guilt.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/racism/index.html

Don't you have a Klan meeting to attend?

The "concept of individual responsibility" is a mantra that right wingers repeat to themselves when little people get screwed by large entities, and as this thread is about government responsibility, I fail to see what it has to do with the subject. If you prefer anarchy, what are you doing on this board?

The federal governent is a government of limited jurisdiction. Point out the clause in the Constitution that authorizes them to remove people from an area of natural disaster when they refuse to move themselves and then you can tell us this is somehow the federal governments responsibility. If any government is responsible its the state government.

Thinking about it further, even state government actions to evactuate people against their will can raise some serious due process issues.

Not as much genocide as a political vendetta. Not to mention an affirmation of the racist tendencies of many Republicans.

Hundreds of millions of dollars have been raised for Katrina Victims by the American people, especially Republicans. Sure sounds like people have racist tendencies and want to kill the "victims"

Hundreds of millions of dollars have been raised for Katrina Victims by the American people, especially Republicans. Sure sounds like people have racist tendencies and want to kill the "victims"

Lets not forget the money spent by the Dems running the state.

They spent $125 million to open the Superdome. So much for the compassion of liberals

Good lord, don't you read. The percentage of black people that died was actually lower than their percentage of the N.O. population. If anything more white people died than should have according to percentages.

Sorry, no genocide except maybe against older white people.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=\Nation\archive\200512\NAT20051214b.html

Rapper Kanye West used his time on NBC's telethon for the hurricane victims to charge that, "George Bush doesn't care about black people."

But the state's demographic information suggests that whites in New Orleans died at a higher rate than minorities. According to the 2000 census, whites make up 28 percent of the city's population, but the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals indicates that whites constitute 36.6 percent of the storm's fatalities in the city.

African-Americans make up 67.25 percent of the population and 59.1 percent of the deceased. Other minorities constitute approximately 5 percent of the population and represented 4.3 percent of the storm's fatalities.

Not as much genocide as a political vendetta. Not to mention an affirmation of the racist tendencies of many Republicans.

You would do yourself a world of good by getting out of Cali and learning a little bit about the world around you.

Read about the N.O. politicians. They've been ruled by black Democrates for years.

This problem had nothing to do with a political vendetta and everything to do with politicians lineing their pockets instead of doing something about the levees, public transport and gang problem that has plagued that city for decades.

The story that will not go away:

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/2007/03/03/nagins-legal-looting/

Nagin’s legal looting

Mayor Nagin filed a $77 billion lawsuit against the US Army Corps of engineers for the levees breaking in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, The Guardian newspaper reported.

That works out to $158,869.67 for every one of the 484,674 people who lived in New Orleans as of the 2000 Census.

But in the massive floods of 1993, levees broke up and down the Mississippi — and no one sued.

They rebuilt.

Total damage in 9 states was $15 billion.

This guy wants $77 billion for one city?

Nagin failed to evacuate his city in a timely and orderly manner.

This is legal looting. Said the Guardian:

Lets see Nagin recieved 30 million for new police and somehow they pocketed that money and never hired new officers. Now he expects the tax payers of the US to give him and his toilet bowl city 77 billion dollars to pocket more and use it for its intended purpose.

Nagin need to remember the old saying of "fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me". I hope to God that our government doesn't get foold again.

The city was already given money to shore up the levees and they squanderd it on the Super Dome, now its all our fault that they were under water. What a crock of shit.

This man is a lunatic. How in the hell did he come up with 77 billion for repairs and other expences.

I'm sure that if the funds arent approved Gabby and others here will cry racism and discrimination....

Forum List

Back