Gabby Reece: Women being submissive is 'a sign of strength'

So let me see if I have this straight - we should look toward a woman who participates in a sport mostly viewed by men who want to see women in teeny bikinis pat each other on the ass as role models for how to have a good relationship. Does that about cover it?

In any context other than marriage, the concept of female submission to men is horse shit. You can negotiate your marriage contract any way you want it. But you can't negotiate a subordinate place for me in society. As a single woman, I have as much right to support my family as well as any man.

Then don't take the discussion out of context. No one was relating the concept of being submissive to "government" or "the work place" That was you.

Point being ...a woman can be submissive without being weak. Strong does not = metaphorically castrating/belittling the male role. It's admitting there are differences to the mindset of each sex ,and letting the other person express themselves freely in that dynamic. In other words...neither sex has to be a control freak.

You did not delineate any particular context. And BTW: making a guy thing everything is his idea through manipulation is about as sick as it gets.

In any context other than marriage, the concept of female submission to men is horse shit. You can negotiate your marriage contract any way you want it. But you can't negotiate a subordinate place for me in society. As a single woman, I have as much right to support my family as well as any man.

Then don't take the discussion out of context. No one was relating the concept of being submissive to "government" or "the work place" That was you.

Point being ...a woman can be submissive without being weak. Strong does not = metaphorically castrating/belittling the male role. It's admitting there are differences to the mindset of each sex ,and letting the other person express themselves freely in that dynamic. In other words...neither sex has to be a control freak.

You did not delineate any particular context. And BTW: making a guy thing everything is his idea through manipulation is about as sick as it gets.

Sure I did,since the article was about Gabby discussing her new book about her challenges as a mother and wife.

How does admitting their are differences between the sexes and letting the man express himself naturally = making a guy think everything is his idea? Love your leaps in logic.

Forum List

Back