Funniest music videos!

Pretty sure some would find this song offensive, but I loved it at first sight and still think it's great. I think it gets the listeners to think about their sexuality and get them to laugh at the same time :p.

Don't really know what you mean by think about sexuality, but yeah it's a funny song.

Why do you think it's funny ;-)? Anyway, what I mean is that I think it makes us think about how people behave around sexuality. The name of the song alone gets you thinking- if you look at the wikipedia page for the song, at the very start of it, there is this line:
"For the form of physical contact described to children as constituting "bad touches", see Child sexual abuse."

Humanity is generally the only species that even considers the issue of child sexual abuse. Real as it is, I believe it also brings into play the way society in general views sexuality- as something that is dangerous, even bad, and certainly not to be seen in public. How we describe sexuality to children speaks volumes of how society as a whole sees sexuality. The videos starts with the band members in monkey costumes. I believe they're trying to establish that like the rest of the subjects in the video, they too are 'mammals', despite the fact that they seem to be the ones conducting an experiment of dubious purpose. The first thing they do is look through a window pane at a TV to see 2 monkeys having sex. They open their mouths in shock, and scamper off. I think the goal here is to get the audience to consider how we as a society have rendered openly viewing sexuality of our fellow primates as something that's shocking, even sinful, if it's not one's own partner, so long as it's our own species, but it's all fine and dandy if it's another species just doing their thing in the wild.

The very first thing they say is “I’d appreciate the input”. I’d like to think that they very much want what happens in this video to be discussed. To me, it carries shades of another rather famous song that I recall children being punished for singing at school, Salt-N-Pepa’s “Let’s talk about sex” song. Following this, they then capture men and women and put them in a cage, and finally have them all doing moves together at the end. The reason for the caging is not so clear, but I like to think that it may have to do with how humanity cages of our instincts perhaps? And the ending scene may be to let the audience know that this was all in good fun, just a bit of humour that may perhaps get people to think of the subject of sexuality without getting too serious about it all. They weren't completely successful in that, which can be seen in the wikipedia page.

Pretty sure some would find this song offensive, but I loved it at first sight and still think it's great. I think it gets the listeners to think about their sexuality and get them to laugh at the same time :p.

Don't really know what you mean by think about sexuality, but yeah it's a funny song.

Why do you think it's funny ;-)? Anyway, what I mean is that I think it makes us think about how people behave around sexuality. The name of the song alone gets you thinking- if you look at the wikipedia page for the song, at the very start of it, there is this line:
"For the form of physical contact described to children as constituting "bad touches", see Child sexual abuse."

Humanity is generally the only species that even considers the issue of child sexual abuse. Real as it is, I believe it also brings into play the way society in general views sexuality- as something that is dangerous, even bad, and certainly not to be seen in public. How we describe sexuality to children speaks volumes of how society as a whole sees sexuality. The videos starts with the band members in monkey costumes. I believe they're trying to establish that like the rest of the subjects in the video, they too are 'mammals', despite the fact that they seem to be the ones conducting an experiment of dubious purpose. The first thing they do is look through a window pane at a TV to see 2 monkeys having sex. They open their mouths in shock, and scamper off. I think the goal here is to get the audience to consider how we as a society have rendered openly viewing sexuality of our fellow primates as something that's shocking, even sinful, if it's not one's own partner, so long as it's our own species, but it's all fine and dandy if it's another species just doing their thing in the wild.

The very first thing they say is “I’d appreciate the input”. I’d like to think that they very much want what happens in this video to be discussed. To me, it carries shades of another rather famous song that I recall children being punished for singing at school, Salt-N-Pepa’s “Let’s talk about sex” song. Following this, they then capture men and women and put them in a cage, and finally have them all doing moves together at the end. The reason for the caging is not so clear, but I like to think that it may have to do with how humanity cages of our instincts perhaps? And the ending scene may be to let the audience know that this was all in good fun, just a bit of humour that may perhaps get people to think of the subject of sexuality without getting too serious about it all. They weren't completely successful in that, which can be seen in the wikipedia page.

Err. No. These songs are supposed to be funny. Here are the lyrics.

Ha-Ha! Well now, we call this the act of mating
But there are several other very important differences
Between human beings and animals that you should know about

I'd appreciate your input

Sweat baby sweat baby sex is a Texas drought
Me and you do the kind of stuff that only Prince would sing about
So put your hands down my pants and I'll bet you'll feel nuts
Yes I'm Siskel, yes I'm Ebert and you're getting two thumbs up
You've had enough of two-hand touch you want it rough you're out of bounds
I want you smothered want you covered like my Waffle House hashbrowns
Come quicker than FedEx never reach an apex just like Coca-Cola stock you are inclined
To make me rise an hour early just like Daylight Savings Time

Do it now
You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals
So let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel
Do it again now
Gettin' horny now

Love the kind you clean up with a mop and bucket
Like the lost catacombs of Egypt only God knows where we stuck it
Hieroglyphics? Let me be Pacific I wanna be down in your South Seas
But I got this notion that the motion of your ocean means "Small Craft Advisory"
So if I capsize on your thighs high tide, B-5 you sunk my battleship
Please turn me on I'm Mister Coffee with an automatic drip
So show me yours I'll show you mine "Tool Time" you'll Lovett just like Lyle
And then we'll do it doggy style so we can both watch "X-Files"

Do it now
Do it again now
Gettin' horny now

Do it again now
Do it now
Do it again now
Gettin' horny now

Our society takes sex seriously for a reason. That is because it can and does have serious consequences. No, we are not just any mammal like a monkey. There are emotions involved in most instances with sex, and that is only ONE reason why we take sex seriously as a society.

[
MEDIA=youtube]xat1GVnl8-k[/MEDIA]

Err. No. These songs are supposed to be funny.

I agree these songs are supposed to be funny. So are comedians such as Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon. It doesn't mean they can't be serious as well as funny, though.

Here are the lyrics.

Ha-Ha! Well now, we call this the act of mating
But there are several other very important differences
Between human beings and animals that you should know about

I'd appreciate your input

Ah yes, I'd forgotten of those initial 3 lines from someone that sounds a bit like a narrator in a documentary (from the Discovery channel perhaps). Why do you think the writers of the song put "I'd appreciate your input" after those lines? Do you think the writers of the song fully agree with the fictional narrator?

Sweat baby sweat baby sex is a Texas drought
Me and you do the kind of stuff that only Prince would sing about
So put your hands down my pants and I'll bet you'll feel nuts
Yes I'm Siskel, yes I'm Ebert and you're getting two thumbs up
You've had enough of two-hand touch you want it rough you're out of bounds
I want you smothered want you covered like my Waffle House hashbrowns
Come quicker than FedEx never reach an apex just like Coca-Cola stock you are inclined
To make me rise an hour early just like Daylight Savings Time

Do it now
Do it again now
Gettin' horny now

Love the kind you clean up with a mop and bucket
Like the lost catacombs of Egypt only God knows where we stuck it
Hieroglyphics? Let me be Pacific I wanna be down in your South Seas
But I got this notion that the motion of your ocean means "Small Craft Advisory"
So if I capsize on your thighs high tide, B-5 you sunk my battleship
Please turn me on I'm Mister Coffee with an automatic drip
So show me yours I'll show you mine "Tool Time" you'll Lovett just like Lyle
And then we'll do it doggy style so we can both watch "X-Files"

Do it now
Do it again now
Gettin' horny now

Do it again now
Do it now
Do it again now
Gettin' horny now

Thanks for including the lyrics. A lot of double entendres, and then there's the refrain.

Our society takes sex seriously for a reason. That is because it can and does have serious consequences.

Agreed.

No, we are not just any mammal like a monkey. There are emotions involved in most instances with sex, and that is only ONE reason why we take sex seriously as a society.

I'm not advocating that we don't take sex seriously. I don't think the writers of the song were either. But there's a difference between taking sex seriously and casting it in a overly negative light, especially with young audiences. Sometimes, the best way to broach difficult subjects is with the use of humour. This is something that I think they did in their song. Another song that I think does the same thing is the following one, which I mentioned in my last post:

Our society takes sex seriously for a reason. That is because it can and does have serious consequences.

Agreed.

No, we are not just any mammal like a monkey. There are emotions involved in most instances with sex, and that is only ONE reason why we take sex seriously as a society.

I'm not advocating that we don't take sex seriously. I don't think the writers of the song were either. But there's a difference between taking sex seriously and casting it in a overly negative light, especially with young audiences. Sometimes, the best way to broach difficult subjects is with the use of humour. This is something that I think they did in their song. Another song that I think does the same thing is the following one, which I mentioned in my last post:

Telling young people to wait until they find the right person is not negative. Nothing good comes from sleeping around.

Agreed.

Telling young people to wait until they find the right person is not negative. Nothing good comes from sleeping around.

I'm not disagreeing with you. But telling young people to only associate sexuality with "bad touch" is self defeating. Try to suppress something too much and they can rebel against you and make the very mistakes you're so hoping they avoid. There has to be a balance between warning of the dangers while at the same time acknowledging that done right, it can be a very nice thing.

Agreed.

I'm not disagreeing with you. But telling young people to only associate sexuality with "bad touch" is self defeating. Try to suppress something too much and they can rebel against you and make the very mistakes you're so hoping they avoid. There has to be a balance between warning of the dangers while at the same time acknowledging that done right, it can be a very nice thing.

What are you talking about? If someone is touching kids in a sexual manner, then it is bad! Very bad. Those people should be locked away because they are sexual predators.

Agreed.

Why are you talking about child sexual abuse anyways? If you want to start a thread about that, then go start one. I will go there and BURY you.

This is a common "theme" for sexual predators who like the young ones. To try and normalize and justify having sex with kids.

Agreed.

What are you talking about? If someone is touching kids in a sexual manner, then it is bad! Very bad. Those people should be locked away because they are sexual predators.

How are you defining a child? Below 18? You think teens don't want to touch each other? The laws for minors concerning sexuality are pretty complicated, especially when it involves 2 or more people in similar age groups. It makes sense, seeing as the issues themselves are complicated. I'm thinking this whole subject doesn't really belong in "music" anymore, but I'm not really sure where it should go- the Education sub forum perhaps?

Why are you talking about child sexual abuse anyways?

It started with me looking up the "Bad Touch" song on wikipedia. Just go back to post #21, I literally quote a line on wikipedia's entry on said song.

And you have a problem with that why?

BAD touches are when an adult man touches a child in an inappropriate/sexual manner. Are you unaware of that?

Forum List

Back