From 183 yards......

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
A local police officer is making some headlines for taking out an active shooter at 183 yards with one shot. By golly don't interrupt that mans coffee

and that is how it's done around here

It's an AR-15 style weapon with what looks like a fancy scope. Accuracy with a weapon like that is pretty easy at 300+ yards.

It's an AR-15 style weapon with what looks like a fancy scope. Accuracy with a weapon like that is pretty easy at 300+ yards.

Maybe so, but why didn't the other officers do it? They all had the same equipment

I would not even begin to try it with something like that.
Lemme think about this..Oh! That Savage! Yeah, that could do that and more.

.223 pewpew gun. No. The good thing about those is they don't have steel bullet casings, k?

And slightly more accurate than 7.62X 39. Slightly.

Cannot compare to real American serious guns.

For instance: A .220 Swift that can put bullet on bullet forever.

PShht, you talkin' to the wrong cracker 'bout dis stuff heanh! I know what does and what does not!

Grade III .270 BAR, get you some! Now that's a nice gun, IMO. Not to knock ARs, but damn, I grew in a world with more accurate guns.
More accurate guns with bigger bullets. With brass casings. Back b4 commies took over the government.
Backup is 30-30s. Anyone with 1/2 a lick of sense would have a Marlin 30-30, because they're the best.

Winchester is OK for the nostalgia, but that only goes so far..

And you gotta have that old Redfield or Weaver or even Japanese Tasco glass. I may have left a couple out, like Burris.

I dealt in those things for a good hot minute, because I know good glass from bad.

Last edited:
big woop everyone make shot like that .50 cal take the legs clean off
:worthless:

Let's see your grouping, brah. No, not everybody can shoot like magic or has a knack for it like some people do. Like an aunt of mine, for example.

She was kickass, she took a deer every year with a tier III Browning gold-engraved with a beautiful scenario 30-.06. Her husband bought her that gun and he used a 30-30. I remember. Not sure if Marlin or Winchester. She was who always got the deer, though. That's my kin.
She never really failed if she went hunting. I was talking with her son about how I can never get the chili like she used to make which is my all-time favorite. He's like: "You didn't know?" "She was feeding you deer meat in that chili."
:dunno: Welp, I know now. Decades later. :auiqs.jpg:

Still the best chili I've ever had. Yessir! God Bless her! Right meat, beans, peppers, onions, tomato, her chili was fantastic! And I can almost emulate it. Lean ground beef would be the closest alternative to the meat, I guess.

Man, I loved her chili, and she knew it, too. With uh..not Ritz crackers, the oval ones that are like Ritz. "Town House"? "Toll House"? "Georgia"? Something like that. That's a good memory. Buttery-something? With the meat and the kidney beans? Oh Yeah! Good stuff! That aunt made the best chili in the whole wide world. I never knew she killed the meat that went into it, but that's fine by me.

Last edited:
Does the rifle have a scope or is it a red-dot style optic? If there is no magnification, the shot was even more impressive.

Article didn't say, but it didn't look as if he gave it enough time if using a scope.......though he probably has better eyesight than I do

A local police officer is making some headlines for taking out an active shooter at 183 yards with one shot. By golly don't interrupt that mans coffee

and that is how it's done around here

The officers shot obviously didn't incapacitate the suspect since he also had a self inflicted wound. The officer did however precipitate the conclusion of the event. Good on him.

I know my aunt had a late-60s Weaver on her rifle. Good glass with pride in workmanship.

Make no mistake, some scopes are better than others. Biden gave the Taliban so many thousands of dollars of high-end Trijicon glass, $1k a pop per rifle the Taliban are now sporting for free.
There was no Trijicon in my aunt's day. She made do with she had. She could probably outshoot 1/2 the Taliban or more, too.
$1k scopes Biden gave them and all.

Last edited:
I know my aunt had a late-60s Weaver on her rifle. Good glass with pride in workmanship.

Make no mistake, some scopes are better than others. Biden gave the Taliban so many thousands of dollars of high-end Trijicon glass, $1k a pop per rifle the Taliban are now sporting for free.
There was no Trijicon in my aunt's day. She made do with she had. She could probably outshoot 1/2 the Taliban or more, too.
$1k scopes Biden gave them and all.

Back in the day, when I was on a tight budget, I bought an old Enfield .303 British and mounted a 4x Weaver scope on it (and a cheap aftermarket stock). I killed several deer with that old rig. I could hit what I was aiming at because I practiced a lot. I would be willing to bet the officer in the video spends a decent amount of time at the range.

big woop everyone make shot like that .50 cal take the legs clean off

.50 cal? For use in an urban environment? Don't be daft.

First of all, the .50 cal is seriously over powered. Yes, it can take the legs clean off. But what does the bullet hit after it goes through the perp?

And who wants to carry a 30+ lb rifle into a situation where you may need to move quickly. Or who wants to have a long, bulky rifle for situations like the one in the video?

The police don't use a .50 cal for a reason.

11949503_1183419041685174_7977016028730620192_n.jpg

bows with stone tipped arrowheads sent custer off to hang out with jesus
Most of the Souix warriors were armed with repeating rifles, either Sharps or Henry’s. Custer’s troops were armed with single shot Trap-Door Carbines that had a tendency to fail to extract. If I remember correctly, most of the carbines recovered after the battle had a round stuck in the chamber.

Forum List

Back