French gun control...yeah...not so much...

And another point where he clarrifies his position...

Guns and Self-Defense by Gary Kleck Ph.D.

Consequently, police never hear about the bulk of successful defensive gun uses, instead hearing mostly about an unrepresentative minority of them containing a disproportionately large number of failures. Further, even when they do receive a report of a crime that in fact involved a gun-wielding victim, the victim has strong legal reasons for leaving their own gun use out of their account of the crime. Since most defensive gun uses occur away from the victim's home, and few victims have the required permits for carrying concealed weapons in public, most gun uses probably involved a crime on the part of the victim.

again...permitting problems, not actual criminal business.....and again this report was done in the 90s before 11.1 million people had permits to carry weapons....

I've always seen that most defenses occur at home. Lott says this in his email:
all of our cases were either in a home or on a person’sproperty.

And like I mentioned before he is discussing home burglaries when he states defenders are involved in criminal activity.

Kleck has already stated most are involved in criminal activity. That's enough for me. And you rave about how good he is.

This is why debating anti gunners is hard sometimes....they are dishonest and distort the truth...

Sorry but that is what you are doing this time. His quote is very clear. For whatever reason you are making up stuff. Given the quote and the context it is clear kleck thinks most defenders are involved in criminal activity.

no...again more dishonesty......it is clear he is talking about law abiding citizens who are reluctant to admit having to use guns in self defense....in the 90s for fear of the consequences....both legal and financial..........but don't worry brain.....the 90s are when Americans began to get their right to bear arms enforced...it started with Florida...and now every state has some form of legal protection for people carrying guns for self defense...to the tune of over 11.1 million people with permits to carry a gun...and quite a few more in states that don't require a permit.......

By definition they are not law abiding citizens.
Kleck:
"This is true because DGUs typically involve criminal behavior, such as unlawful gun possession, by the gun-using victim, who therefore is often unwilling to report the incident."

His quote is VERY clear. The gun-using victim is typically involved in criminal behavior. So by definition not law abiding. Why should I care that criminals are defending against criminals?

Brain....could you link to this quote again.....?

I will later this eve.

And as Kleck made,clear, the legalities of owning and using a gun in the home are always iffy.......as my examples showed and they weren't from the 90s either....

Forum List

Back