Free market redistributes wealth

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Imagine we returned to a guild system for economics. The government literally appoints certain businesses to produce all the cars. This group of businesses now enjoy a monopoly because they are the only ones allowed to produce and sell cars. The car market in any given country may be a hundred million dollars. I'm using that as an example. Let's say there is only one company allowed to make those cars. That company is then capitalizing on a hundred million dollars. They literally sell a hundred million dollars worth of cars. Good for them! I'm sure some of us will be overjoyed that a national company is doung well but the reality is that none of us will share In the profits and that wealth will stay in that company.

The open market allows for any company to sell their cars and if their cars can sell just as well as the leading competitor then that companies wealth is subdivided between all successful competitors. Wouldn't this create more economic equality among the people than a non competitive system such as the one mentioned above?

WTF??? I always had the impression that guilds protected a certain craft and guaranteed quality beside protecting the craftsmanship from unqualified "competitors."

• Banned
WTF??? I always had the impression that guilds protected a certain craft and guaranteed quality beside protecting the craftsmanship from unqualified "competitors."

The reason we need licenses is to make sure unqualified competitors don't destroy existing businesses. Same shit...different era.

The reason we need licenses is to make sure unqualified competitors don't destroy existing businesses. Same shit...different era.
Unfortunately licenses do not guarantee good service any longer. Re-instituting guilds (in a loose way and prohibition of price fixing) may guarantee quality

Last edited:

Forum List

Back