Fraudsters stole nearly $100B in COVID relief, US officials reveal

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Nearly $100 billion of COVID-relief funds have been fraudulently obtained in the US since the government rolled out the benefits during the pandemic, officials said.

The Secret Service revealed the massive figure in a Tuesday press release announcing the existence of new measures to capture cheats and seize the stolen funds.

The federal law enforcement agency has nearly 1,000 active investigations into the fraud.

The suspects generally submit phony applications to get the benefits.

Well now, can I get a show of hands of those that did not see that coming?

Anytime humans are involved, there will be fraud. It is part of our nature

I would love to see fraud statistics by city.
I created a thread here awhile back discussing the difficulty in filing forms to get the grants. The shear amount of information gathering and proof to provide was more than a little daunting.
I am going to go out on a limb and say that liberal cities and counties practically invited some minority owned businesses to take advantage of funds.
In Indianapolis, there was a one chair beauty salon that got over $100,000. And the only reason they got caught was the county released a list of businesses and the funds they received and a few people saw it and thought WTF???
Then people started looking more and saw several tiny businesses with only one or two employees getting $10,000's...well beyond 100% of the companies wage costs. What is true is true... and plenty of folks noticed the people getting inordinate funds were overwhelmingly minority owned.

Nearly $100 billion of COVID-relief funds have been fraudulently obtained in the US since the government rolled out the benefits during the pandemic, officials said.

The Secret Service revealed the massive figure in a Tuesday press release announcing the existence of new measures to capture cheats and seize the stolen funds.

The federal law enforcement agency has nearly 1,000 active investigations into the fraud.

The suspects generally submit phony applications to get the benefits.

Well now, can I get a show of hands of those that did not see that coming?
It's not that fraud wasn't expected, but these particular fraudsters were not Big Business or billionaires. Major political donors have attorneys specializing in stealing federal and state cash. The hidden loopholes designed into such legislation is there for this reason. The more generous the loophole is to the intended beneficiaries, the higher the amounts are in political contributions for upcoming campaigns.

It's an important aspect of the United States' parasitic free market capitalist system, which took decades and billions-of-dollars in graft to perfect.

In regard to your signature statement. Your vote wasn't stolen. Also, do not sell yourself short, as a trump Nazi, you've always been, and will continue to be, an a$$hole.

Thank you. I'm so happy you noticed. It's something I'm quite proud of. :)

Beyond my assholery of spectacular skill, you have no authority to make pronouncements.

Forum List

Back