Fox News to move to front-row White House briefing room seat

My two cents:

Okay then? It really doesn't matter, it's a chair. Everyone in the room should have a right to ask a question if they so choose (believe there are like 40-80 people in the room) and this isn't going to change anyone's opinion about Fox News whether they like the channel or not.

Some people can call it symbolism if they like that they get to be in the front row, but I do believe it's something more akin to high school.

I agree with your comments but would like to add one caveat.

I think they voted to move fox to the front as recognition of the whitehouses attempt to bamboosle(sp) them. (Yes im talking about the Breitbart/Whitehouse/Sherrod shenanigans)

That little bit about NPR would seem to invalidate your supposition that the MSM has no real gripe about FNC. Not that NPR, with it's dozens of listeners, is a media giant.

Your question is flawed, as well. The "symbolic" (and I'm sure well butt-sprung) front row seat formerly occupied by Helen Thomas did not go to FNC. They got A front row seat, not THE front row seat.

Why? Cuz ignoring them is starting to look a little silly. And who else would it go to?

Wrong, NPR did not want comments that they feel do not reflect them to be stated as representing NPR. Any organization has that right. If NPR had such a problem with that, they would of fired Juan Williams, would they not?

My question isn't flawed. NPR and Bloomberg were the other candidates up for the seat. If the Liberal MSM is out for Fox News's blood, then why didn't they give the seat to NPR or Bloomberg?

All I'm seeing is what ifs, and insults toward me in response to my question.

I didn't insult you. If you took it that way, I assure it wasn't meant that way.

FNC's media presence far outstrips NPR's and Bloomberg's. I would assume that's why they got a Bob Eucker chair. Anyway here's what the WHCA statement said:

Fox's upgrade is an acknowledgment of its "length of service and commitment," the association's board said in a statement.

And I do see your premise as flawed. Nothing personal. You're asking why, "if the Liberal MSM is out for Fox News's blood" FNC got a front row seat. The liberal MSM didn't award the seat. The WHCA did. The lib bloggers are just a little miffed about it, is all.

The bid from Fox for a front-row seat sparked a protest from some over the network's perceived right-wing leanings. The advocacy groups Working Assets and MoveOn.org launched an online campaign through social media website Facebook to lobby the WHCA to give the seat to NPR.

In a statement posted on the Working Assets website Credo Action on Sunday, the group said, "While we're disappointed that the seat did not go to NPR, we're delighted the board found a way to avoid giving the coveted front-row center seat to Fox."

Fox News Gets Front Row Seat In White House Briefing Room

Your own comments about FNC are not exactly charitable. Or accurate. Which side of your question are you on? Hard to tell.

Last edited:
WRONG, the guest were split 50/50

Once again, you have no evidence. However, I do!

Hannity & Colmes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A study by Media Matters conducted through January and February 2006 found that the number of conservatives and Republicans brought on as guests outnumbered the number of liberals and Democrats by margins of 72%–28% in January, and 67%–33% in February. Of the solo interviews that were conducted on the show, 80% of the interviews are conducted with conservatives and Republicans.[9]

And I do see your premise as flawed. Nothing personal. You're asking why, "if the Liberal MSM is out for Fox News's blood" FNC got a front row seat. The liberal MSM didn't award the seat. The WHCA did. The lib bloggers are just a little miffed about it, is all.

Your own comments about FNC are not exactly charitable. Or accurate. Which side of your question are you on? Hard to tell.

The WHCA is full of the so called Liberal MSM as I showed on Page 1. I don't know why you're trying to separate the two.

My comments about FNC are as charitable as my ones on MSNBC. Only reason we're discussing FNC is because nobody is trying to say MSNBC is a fair network. My comments however are accurate, none of which has been unproven.

A study by Media Matters conducted through January and February 2006 found that the number of conservatives and Republicans brought on as guests outnumbered the number of liberals and Democrats by margins of 72%–28% in January, and 67%–33% in February. Of the solo interviews that were conducted on the show, 80% of the interviews are conducted with conservatives and Republicans.[9]
wiki and mediamatters?
LOL
FAIL

The WHCA is full of the so called Liberal MSM as I showed on Page 1. I don't know why you're trying to separate the two.

My comments about FNC are as charitable as my ones on MSNBC. Only reason we're discussing FNC is because nobody is trying to say MSNBC is a fair network. My comments however are accurate, none of which has been unproven.
again, just because they are a member of a liberal organization does NOT make them as individuals LIBERALS
what part of that is so fucking hard for you to get into your pathetic thick skull?

go look in the first 40 posts

i've answered it SEVERAL times, i'm done answering it

No, you tried to:

1.) First say it was a strawman and asked for posts where you said the media was Liberal. You tried to twist my words into saying I said you said the Liberal was all media. I easily refuted it.

2.) You tried to continue said deflection until I put a end to it.

3.) You said I'm trying to weasel my way out.

4.) You then once again bashed the MSM, despite the fact the WHCA is full of the MSM.

This is the closest you came to answering:

the WHCA showed that they dfo not agree that FNC isnt a respected news outlet, nothing more

However, this does not answer why the so called Liberal MSM would validate their worst enemy.

5.) You then accused me of being a partisan hack. I gave you a list of WHCA members and officers, the majority of which were the MSM that others on USMB if not yourself (not going to say it that you do because I don't need you to try and deflect with more semantics) call part of the Liberal media.

6.) You then stopped posting and never answered me again until I came back online.

That's the timeline.

So once again, ready to give me a answer to my question?

Well, alright.

It occurs to me that no one from FNC is on your list of WHCA members. Hmmm ... Just an observation.

again, just because they are a member of a liberal organization does NOT make them as individuals LIBERALS
what part of that is so fucking hard for you to get into your pathetic thick skull?

Link? Why would organizations that supposedly want to support the Obama agenda put members on the WHCA organization stuff that would vote against their interests?

Again, another non-answer.

Well, alright.

It occurs to me that no one from FNC is on your list of WHCA members. Hmmm ... Just an observation.

And yet, they got the coveted seat that according to Divecon:

it proves they are a respected news source
why else would they be VOTED there unanimously by their PEERS

And their peers include the previously mentioned NPR who was in the running for the seat. Again, if the Liberal MSM was out to protect the Obama Administration, why would they validate the FNC?

Link? Why would organizations that supposedly want to support the Obama agenda put members on the WHCA organization stuff that would vote against their interests?

Again, another non-answer.
just because you don't understand it, doesn't make it any less an answer

quoting Media Matters as proof is laughable, all you prove is your left wing hackery you big DUmbassed MORON

Well, alright.

And their peers include the previously mentioned NPR who was in the running for the seat. Again, if the Liberal MSM was out to protect the Obama Administration, why would they validate the FNC?
just maybe because they value their individual integrity more than the organizations they work for?

fox news is number one and it drives media matters and modmoron nutz.. End of story.

Well, alright.

I've answered that twice now. Cuz ignoring their stature looks stupid. I quoted the board's statement, which cited FNC's "length of service and committment." What do you want to hear?

Is your contention that FNC is respected at the WH? By the talkers on MSNBC? By the NYT? But the cons won't admit it? Is that your point?

Fox's Shep Smith Keeps Opinions To Himself : NPR

Mr. SMITH: There are a lot of people on our channel who want you to think like they do. We just want to give you some information to help you think. I don't much care for ideologues within my newscasts. There's plenty of it out there; you don't need any more.

I guess Dive thinks Shep Smith is a Liberal because he's not a ideologue proclaiming how evil Obama is. Of course, Dive could give me a link as to what makes Shep Smith so Liberal.

fox news is number one and it drives media matters and modmoron nutz.. End of story.

And American Idol got better ratings than Fox news. Doesn't mean American Idol is a trusty worthy news source, it just means people are entertained by it.

I've answered that twice now. Cuz ignoring their stature looks stupid. I quoted the board's statement, which cited FNC's "length of service and committment." What do you want to hear?

Is your contention that FNC is respected at the WH? By the talkers on MSNBC? By the NYT? But the cons won't admit it? Is that your point?

Cause ignoring their stature looks stupid? According to whom? The so called Liberal media could of had easily painted it as a close vote, but at the end of the day, NPR, a fair organization won out.

I'm not saying the Obama Administration likes FNC, after all, the WHCA is separate from the White House. My point is the media is not some evil Liberal conspiracy group that is out to push the Obama agenda. Especially if they're giving Fox News a front row seat.

And American Idol got better ratings than Fox news. Doesn't mean American Idol is a trusty worthy news source, it just means people are entertained by it.

I know I get all my daily news information from Spongebob Squarepants! After all, they have better ratings then all of the news networks.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He-LBIyBUz8[/ame]

Forum List

Back