Founding Fathers not Capitalists.

SobieskiSavedEurope

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2017
Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
George Washington, a slave owner, remember, believed that broad-based worker ownership would ensure “the happiness of the lowest class of people because of the equal distribution of property.”

James Madison warned that inequality in property ownership would subvert liberty, either through opposition to wealth (a war of labor against capital) or “by an oligarchy founded on corruption” through which the wealthy dominate political decision-making (a war of capital against labor). John Adams favored distribution of public lands to the landless to create broad-based ownership of property, then the critical component of business capital in the largely agricultural U.S. Current levels and trends in inequality would almost certainly have terrified the founders, who believed that broad-based property ownership was essential to the sustenance of a republic.

If increasing inequality is indeed as dire a problem as the Founding Fathers imagined, what, if anything, can the U.S. do to reverse the pattern and to assure that in the next three decades, all of us share in the benefits of modern technology and economic progress? What is the best way to avoid Madison’s dark scenarios?

What the Founding Fathers Believed: Stock Ownership for All

Initially, the privilege of incorporation was granted selectively to enable activities that benefited the public, such as construction of roads or canals. Enabling shareholders to profit was seen as a means to that end. The states also imposed conditions (some of which remain on the books, though unused) like these*:

• Corporate charters (licenses to exist) were granted for a limited time and could be revoked promptly for violating laws.
  • Corporations could engage only in activities necessary to fulfill their chartered purpose.
  • Corporations could not own stock in other corporations nor own any property that was not essential to fulfilling their chartered purpose.
  • Corporations were often terminated if they exceeded their authority or caused public harm.
  • Owners and managers were responsible for criminal acts committed on the job.
  • Corporations could not make any political or charitable contributions nor spend money to influence law-making.
For 100 years after the American Revolution, legislators maintained tight controll of the corporate chartering process. Because of widespread public opposition, early legislators granted very few corporate charters, and only after debate. Citizens governed corporations by detailing operating conditions not just in charters but also in state constitutions and state laws. Incorporated businesses were prohibited from taking any action that legislators did not specifically allow.

States also limited corporate charters to a set number of years. Unless a legislature renewed an expiring charter, the corporation was dissolved and its assets were divided among shareholders. Citizen authority clauses limited capitalization, debts, land holdings, and sometimes, even profits. They required a company’s accounting books to be turned over to a legislature upon request. The power of large shareholders was limited by scaled voting, so that large and small investors had equal voting rights. Interlocking directorates were outlawed. Shareholders had the right to remove directors at will.

Our Hidden History of Corporations in the United States

• Banned
Of course they were capitalists.

The entire war was about dodging taxes.

God bless them.

Before the Boston Tea-Party was a White Pine rebellion, where the proto-American (Colonial settlers) had stood up to the King of England for stealing ./ chopping down White Pines for lumber / ships etc. etc.

The Kings would come in, mark a White Pine, and if you touched it in the American territories, you'd be arrested.

Pine Tree Riot - Wikipedia

Dang it, those environmentalist, tree hugger, wood-chucks.

P.S
Taxes has nothing to do with Capitalism, this is why Republicans will be mocked as ignorant.

Oh, go to hell, Eurotrash. Your Coward Continent knows Jack Shit about America, no matter how pseudo-intellectual-didactic you phonies love to come across. Any tidbit you hear about America you distort it in your own insecure, tiny little minds to make it vile and grotesque. You Europeans are insects. You are the ultimate backstabbing enemy of the United States and soooo deserve your Islam ass-raping. Your Eloi continent has the moral compass of an iguana lizard.

Last edited:
Leaving The People ALONE and free to trade with VERY FEW REGULATIONS is THE definition of capitalism.

Europeans who've always gravitated to collectivism need to STFU with their lectures. Americans will not be lectured to by people who constantly need to be bailed out.

Leaving The People ALONE and free to trade with VERY FEW REGULATIONS is THE definition of capitalism.

Europeans who've always gravitated to collectivism need to STFU with their lectures. Americans will not be lectured to by people who constantly need to be bailed out.

You know the #1 quality I DETEST most about Eurofilth? They have spent nearly 100 years using America for their free ride in every way shape and form....while CURSING our existence and dehumanizing Americans at the same time. While coddling their muslims who, unlike Americans, commit massive epidemics of rape, terrorism, dole-bludging and other various nasty crimes against them. I've also been hosteling abroad for enough years, I've dealt with countless Eurotrash and their reptilian, American-hating "attitude" (said attitude inserted by a proctologist), so this American hates that continent so much that whenever Zeropeans die from muslim terrorism, I dance a boogie of sheer glee of there being that fewer of America's ultimate enemy with whom I have to share this planet's atmosphere. To me, the Coward Continent is simply the white version of Obamaggot.

• Banned

Very few regulations?
Well, my sources all tell me the U.S.A Founding Fathers were for far more Corporate regulation than the modern Republicans.

Now, why is that?

Are Individualists even Humans, anyways?

Anybody who can't connect with the greater society, must be pretty dang detached, and retarded. AKA an Individualist.

P.S
What about the Founding Fathers was even Individualistic, anyways?

That they weren't for the Individual right of Black slave, the Native American savage, or the White woman??????????????

Last edited:
  • Banned
Oh, go to hell, Eurotrash. Your Coward Continent knows Jack Shit about America, no matter how pseudo-intellectual-didactic you phonies love to come across. Any tidbit you hear about America you distort it in your own insecure, tiny little minds to make it vile and grotesque. You Europeans are insects. You are the ultimate backstabbing enemy of the United States and soooo deserve your Islam ass-raping. Your Eloi continent has the moral compass of an iguana lizard.

You're very dumb, and should be treated as such.

Europeans are very diverse, and you just look at say Germany, UK, or France, and say AHA All Europeans are this way.

You're ignorant, beyond belief.

A lot of Europeans are far more Right-Wing than the U.S.A is, actually.

Especially those in parts of Eastern Europe, Southern Europe, and even sometimes Central Europe, and even sometimes Scandinavia.

To say that a Pole, or Hungarian is the same as a French, or Brit is ignorant beyond belief.

• Banned

You know the #1 quality I DETEST most about Eurofilth? They have spent nearly 100 years using America for their free ride in every way shape and form....while CURSING our existence and dehumanizing Americans at the same time. While coddling their muslims who, unlike Americans, commit massive epidemics of rape, terrorism, dole-bludging and other various nasty crimes against them. I've also been hosteling abroad for enough years, I've dealt with countless Eurotrash and their reptilian, American-hating "attitude" (said attitude inserted by a proctologist), so this American hates that continent so much that whenever Zeropeans die from muslim terrorism, I dance a boogie of sheer glee of there being that fewer of America's ultimate enemy with whom I have to share this planet's atmosphere. To me, the Coward Continent is simply the white version of Obamaggot.

You're very, very dumb.

I can't believe you aren't aware of crowds as big as 100,000 marching to protest Islamic refugees in Poland, a country of 38 million people.
Meanwhile the U.S.A with more like 320 million people, and can't come anywhere near the anti-Islamic protest as Poland.

If anything Western Europeans in general are Liberal on race, including ones in America.

I really think your people have something with them, even more so in America, where the dumb f*cks not only support Muslims, Blacks, Mexicans etc. but then go all retarded on supporting Israel, and Jews too.

Forum List

Back