Ford Shutters 8 Factories Due To "Persistent Supply Chain Disruptions

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Move along, nothing to see here.

Reuters reports the Detroit automaker will shutter eight factories in the US, Mexico, and Canada, beginning on Monday as it copes with chip shortages.

Production at factories in Michigan, Chicago and in Cuautitlan, Mexico will be suspended. In Kansas City, production of its F-150 pickup trucks will be idled while one shift will run for production of its Transit vans.
The Detroit automaker will also run a single shift or a reduced schedule at its factories in Dearborn, Kentucky, and Louisville while removing overtime at its Oakville factory in Canada.
All changes will be in place for the week beginning Feb. 7. -Reuters

R.202ee23bad14df24594c4f3facb1131f

Move along, nothing to see here.

Reuters reports the Detroit automaker will shutter eight factories in the US, Mexico, and Canada, beginning on Monday as it copes with chip shortages.

The Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP) is where Broncos are being built.

This is probably going to increase my wait for mine. I ordered it last October, and at the time, I was given an estimate that I'd probably have it around June.

At the start of the pandemic, car manufacturers incorrectly predicted that sales would drop, canceled chip orders leaving them unprepared to meet demand.

Trump's shutdown caused many people to buy new computers & networking equipment to work from home. They also turned to home entertainment during periods of self-isolation, which increased the demand for video game consoles.

Trump's massive money printing to devalue the US dollar caused an increase in cryptocurrency mining in that increased chip demand even more.

Trump's conflict with China had the US Department of Commerce impose restrictions on China's largest chip manufacturer, Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation (SMIC), which made it harder for them to sell to companies with American ties.

Texas lack of weather prep shutdown production.

Trump would have solved this supply chain problem in two weeks if he were President. Biden can't do shit.
Of course he would have and you would be the only one to know how. You're such an intellectual mountain.
Do the authorities know how smart you are?

The Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP) is where Broncos are being built.

This is probably going to increase my wait for mine. I ordered it last October, and at the time, I was given an estimate that I'd probably have it around June.
On the light side I ordered some ammo and got it a year later. Then the company had the balls to ask me to rate their service.

Forum List

Back