CDZ For what reason are kids having to learn about slavery ??

I think the OP's main 'reasoning' is that teaching kids about slavery will somehow be teaching kids that all whites today are evil and the same as Nazi's were in WW2.

And that frankly is crazy.

Our kids should be taught age appropriate content. And it is always age appropriate to teach that slavery is wrong- and that at one time in our history we had slavery.

Anyone who has read any of the kids history books- as I have- knows that they provide for the most part- context- though god why can't they write those history books to be more enjoyable to read. As a history buff, school history books make learning history about like getting teeth pulled.
Hmm, maybe. I get the sense he doesn’t want it taught because it will piss off blacks. As though hiding it wouldn’t.
. Yes, and it's taught in Germany in ways to teach the future generations of Germans that Hitler and the Nazi's were purdy much devil's, so I ask is this the same result desired in America against white people ??
But you said it was a crime to talk about it. I guess this means you were wrong. So being wrong, you merely shift your position to complaining how they talk about it.

Slavery is part of our history. A big part. You offer no reasonable explanation for why it should be scrubbed from America’s memory.
. Sorry, but I should have placed (if it is), taught in the schools going by what the poster said, then I gave my opinion on why it was being taught, and then I want to know if this is the desired results of people here against the whites ??
Should third graders only be taught about rainbows and unicorns?
. The problem with liberals is that if you talk to them enough, then they become as petulant children who have nothing to add but stupidity. Yes you went stupid.

the problem with ignorant twits is they think everyone should be as ignorant as they are.

still waiting for a legitimate reason to refuse to teach history to kids.

other than the fact that you seem to want white supremacist "history" taught.
. Listen to me very closely, it's not that history can't be taught, but it is that history should be responsibly taught, and not be placed into the hands of idiots who will use it as a weapon instead of something productive and good.

Slave owners were cowardly lazy people who wanted labor for nothing. That's the way this American born citizen would teach it.

Nazism and Hitler is part of German History, but it is illegal to utter Hitler's name in public, and to openly speak of the Nazi's in Germany. So when History is so bad, then it is that it should be responsibly told in historical context, and in the proper settings.

Exposing young children to horrendous acts or events in history, and at to young of an age is the ultimate hight of irresponsibility, and it should stop immediately.

It is agenda driven, and it serves a purpose that is far more sinister than the intent that is given by those who are in up to their eyeballs in the bullcrap.
From where do you come up with this stuff. Denying the Holocaust is a crime in Germany. Nazi Germany and Hitler’s rise to power are taught in schools there...

Teaching Nazi Past to German Youth
. Yes, and it's taught in Germany in ways to teach the future generations of Germans that Hitler and the Nazi's were purdy much devil's, so I ask is this the same result desired in America against white people ??
Were those who owned other human beings as beasts of burden Devils?
. Their character at the time was, and unfortunately they were white for the most part in the American history books, but to cast that burden upon the white youth of today is just as evil as it was to slave a man back then.
No one is casting any burdens upon anyone by educating our youth about our past involving slavery. How could they? There is no one alive today who participated in that abhorrent practice; so no one today is responsible. Hell, many Americans’ ancestors weren’t even here yet when slavery was legal.

We can’t hide from our past because some find it uncomfortable or embarrassing.
. Today so many things are being or have been weaponized, and history is just one of them that can definitely be used in this way, and it has been used in this way.

Gotta go..

For what reason are kids having to learn about slavery ??

Because it's part of our history.
Nazism and Hitler is part of German History, but it is illegal to utter Hitler's name in public, and to openly speak of the Nazi's in Germany. So when History is so bad, then it is that it should be responsibly told in historical context, and in the proper settings.

Exposing young children to horrendous acts or events in history, and at to young of an age is the ultimate hight of irresponsibility, and it should stop immediately.

It is agenda driven, and it serves a purpose that is far more sinister than the intent that is given by those who are in up to their eyeballs in the bullcrap.
From where do you come up with this stuff. Denying the Holocaust is a crime in Germany. Nazi Germany and Hitler’s rise to power are taught in schools there...

. Their character at the time was, and unfortunately they were white for the most part in the American history books, but to cast that burden upon the white youth of today is just as evil as it was to slave a man back then.
What "burden" is there?

White kids have known about slavery for 150 years ( and longer)

Slave owners were cowardly lazy people who wanted labor for nothing. That's the way this American born citizen would teach it.
. You weren't totally correct, as you forgot to say those WHITE slave owners.

They, and the Confederacy that was formed to protect them......were evil

What "burden" is there?

White kids have known about slavery for 150 years ( and longer)
. Oh white kids knew eh ? Not my granddaughter until she came home saying she was going to learn about it. Up until this point she knew nothing about it. Wish it could have remained that way. At least till she was 14 15 maybe.

Huh! Excellent thread topic. Why indeed do they hammer on and on and on about something that after all --- isn't happening? Black slavery.

I would think they might educate children about all the slavery that IS going on --- Arabs taking thousands of black slaves and treating Bangladeshis as slaves when they bring them over to Saudi Arabia.

Or more importantly, the huge number of sex slaves trafficked in the millions, mostly women and children, all over the world, bought and sold, addicted to drugs quickly so they won't escape.

Instead they focus obsessively on something that isn't happening anymore. It's to saddle whites with guilt and blame and keep us constantly accused, of course. I'd say we should put a stop to this and teach our children to ignore it and to understand the malign purposes going on.
How do current events qualify as history ?
How can you teach the Civil War without teaching about slavery ?
How can you understand the US without teaching about slavery ?

The only reasons against it appear to be political and based in ignorance as nobody has taken the trouble to find out what is being taught.
Surely you dont want to brush it under the carpet ?
. We are talking about age appropriate, and how to teach history without it causing damage or fomenting white guilt, black hatred etc.

It can be done, and it would be the next step in the healing process in which should have been healed already, but here this country still is being stupid about how to have history, but not to further the ill affects of it upon the children. Why is it right to burden every generation with the guilt of the past, otherwise as if it can't ever be healed never ??

Children have learned about slavery for 150 years

Why are today's children so sensitive ?
. It's the way in which it is being taught, and who benefits from it today once the results have been engrained into the very being of the next set of guinea pig's (generations saddled with the guilt), who had to drink from the poisonous hands in which were feeding them these things at to young an age for a desired effect to take place in the future. It is that these chains will not be held around the necks of our children forever, and it will be that future generations of black youth won't think that they have got to work their way out from under the weight of it all forever.

Sounds like a serious guilt issue

the problem with ignorant twits is they think everyone should be as ignorant as they are.

still waiting for a legitimate reason to refuse to teach history to kids.

other than the fact that you seem to want white supremacist "history" taught.

History should be taught by immersion in the times it took place while being as objective as possible. As we have learned from the left, morality is relative so therefore, we have no basis to judge the relative morality of the past. For example: Slave living conditions as compared to their master's quarters. Slaves generally were given the least desired food of the masters. What did they eat? Were they given enough? etc. Also, it is true, that some slaves had it better than others. Teach it all.....Unless you are afraid that your children have not been given a good objective-moral upringing.

No...Slave owners were plantation owners who needed workers in their fields in order to make a profit. Africa offered free labor because slavery was (and still is) an industry there and these Africans were seen as sub human beings...really animals in some cases. Yet, there were people who vehemently disagreed with this (Abolitionists) and, in fact some even owned slaves in their lifetimes. When we consider these facts we can see just how strong a hold Slavery had on the U.S. This helps us understand more of our history and gives us more insight into the Civil War and beyond.

Last edited:
Unfortunately for some it's an inconvenient truth...

It's an inconvenient truth for America. It was inconvenient at that time as well. How are people able to enslave others and not be sickened by their own actions?

If they needed labor fine...then pay for it. And if nobody applies raise your wages or do it yourself. Lazy folk they were.

Their leaders justify it in some manner which is palatable...

Lincoln didn't justify it. Even though he owned slaves. Understanding why people may do the things they do is not tantamount to you being brainwashed by them....Unless, of course, you are prone to brainwashing.

Forum List

Back