Food Trucks

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Have you ever thought about getting one?

I'm weighing the pros and cons. When I lived in the Keys, there was a small hole in the wall restaurant owned by a brother and sister from France. They opened were open for so many months and then went back to France for so many weeks a year. They had a small black chalk board and they had 6 or 7 items that they made that day and that was it. There is a lot of freedom in not having to stick to a menu and being able to be creative. I wouldn't mind creating some fusion items.

OTOH, food prices have skyrocketed.

Not here. I think the one parked up the street is the worst Mexican food truck in the entire universe. However, I do know there are better food trucks in the world.

Check your city ordinances first. I know someone that sank their last dime into one just for the brick and mortar restaurants to use their clout to get food trucks outlawed in the city limits.

Food Trucks used to be called Roach Coaches
Day old sandwiches, rubber Hot Dogs, Cold Grill Cheese Sandwiches.

Now, they have gourmet food and long lines

Have you ever thought about getting one?
You've got to look at the local laws. Do they let you park anywhere? What nearby towns have restrictions on food trucks? Are there towns nearby that have "Food Truck Friday" at a park? Based on the local weather, how many months a year can you operate a food truck?

What state do you live in?
Oklahoma but I thought that with a food truck I could pretty much go anywhere and set up shop with the right gazillion licenses and permits. OTOH, this is a whole lot of work in an area that I don't know that I want to invest in.

We have some 14 Mexican restaurants in this town. That truck 'tho? Nah.

Food Trucks used to be called Roach Coaches
Day old sandwiches, rubber Hot Dogs, Cold Grill Cheese Sandwiches.

Now, they have gourmet food and long lines
Yes, they do and some of these places have gone all out!

I wouldnt open one because i'm retired and plan to stay that way.
But I do like em. Some of the best mexican food comes off those trucks.
There is a large bar in St. Paul across from the Wild stadium.
They have four mockup food trucks inside offering different food choices.
You get drinks from waitstaff, or the bar, and order from one of the food trucks and sit wherever there is room.
Kind of a cool place before a hockey game.

Oklahoma but I thought that with a food truck I could pretty much go anywhere and set up shop with the right gazillion licenses and permits. OTOH, this is a whole lot of work in an area that I don't know that I want to invest in.

We have some 14 Mexican restaurants in this town. That truck 'tho? Nah.

The mexican food trucks here in Houston are usually really good.
Some are even fantastic. Of course with all the mexicans in Houston it kinda makes sense.

Some are even fantastic. Of course with all the mexicans in Houston it kinda makes sense.
Do you have Mexican Food Carts with Tacos and Street Corn?

The best Tacos I've ever had were from the trunk of a mexican lady's car.
She showed up at the shop every morning at around 9:00 AM with a cooler full of em.
I'd give $500 bucks to know how she made em.

Polish food?
Yuk.
I love a good Kielbasa and Pierogis with kraut and a spicy Polish Mustard

1673223037089.jpeg

Last edited:
We have excellent Mexican food but this truck? Nah. In the cities we absolutely do.

Forum List

Back