Florida Senate approves law change that clears path for DeSantis 2024 bid

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Senate Republicans in Florida passed an election law overhaul on Wednesday that would allow Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) to run for president without having to resign from his position, bypassing the state’s resign-to-run rule.

The bill, SB7050, passed the Florida Senate on a party-line vote, 28 to 12, and now heads to the House.

The larger package includes a number of notable changes to state election practices, including allowing political organizations to file finance reports less often and increasing the rate at which local election officials have to remove dead and eligible voters from voter rolls.

Bad news for the dead, they can't vote no more. ;)

I don't see what is wrong with DeSantis resigning if he wants to run for President. Give the new guv a heads start to create their own legacy while DeSantis is getting his team together for his reign as President.

I don't see what is wrong with DeSantis resigning if he wants to run for President. Give the new guv a heads start to create their own legacy while DeSantis is getting his team together for his reign as President.
Do you really think Floridians want some other dude to step in? If DeSantis doesnt win the presidency, they want him back.

Do you really think Floridians want some other dude to step in? If DeSantis doesnt win the presidency, they want him back.

If DeSantis isn't running to win, and just plans to go back to Florida after getting schlonged, I don't think the GOP should take him as a candidate at all.

2024 is a must win election for the Republicans.

If DeSantis isn't running to win, and just plans to go back to Florida after getting schlonged, I don't think the GOP should take him as a candidate at all.

2024 is a must win election for the Republicans.
He might be our best bet. That remains to be seen for now, but we need to pick whomever has the best chance of winning.

Forum List

Back