Florida Gov. DeSantis Has Just Signed A Bill Into Law That Would Allow Everyday Floridians To Sue Big Tech Platforms For Monetary Damages

m,
Nazi liberals are going to hate this

This is a joke.. DeSantis is playing for a headline.
Nope. He just stuck a dagger into the belly of the big tech monster.

You ready to sue US Message Board if they kick you off?
Facebook is not US Message Board.

Same rules.. This board is privately owned just like facebook. DeSantis is too stupid for words.
Facebook claims we aren't allowed to sue it because it's a "platform" protected from lawsuits under rule 230. It also claims it's allowed to control it's content any way it wants to.

Both claims can't both be true.

You are too stupid for words. The all-out assault on Facebook, youTube and twitter is about to begin.

I'm not sure you understand the lawsuit stuff. They can't be sued for CONTENT - you can sue if you get banned, but good luck.
wrong.

If they can't be sued then...why are they getting sued, and have been for some time?

I don't make money off of US Message Board.

However, I could make money off of Facebook, You Tube and even Twitter.

Being Libtard Nazi assholes will have consequences in Florida.

Well,, they should just leave Florida and ignore Trump and Desantis. Why bother with them? They can do lies, slander some other way.. Americans don't have to put up with such crap.

Unfortunately these Big Tech companies have got so big and become an everyday part of American life that they have to be held accountable for being shitheads.

Get Congress to update the laws.

Good luck.

We can do it here in Florida by ourselves, thank you very much.

These filthy ass companies can be Nazis elsewhere.
Exactly. We the people receive the information and decide what we believe or don’t, accept or dismiss. It’s illegal for Big Brother tech to vacate our right and do that “for” us especially when their actions are entirely political affiliation oriented.

Even newspapers don't have to publish your letters to the editor if they are lies , slanders and threats or just stupid.. You have some very strange ideas. You know Facebook also has freedom of speech.
You got the cart before the horse. Your assessment if Trumps statements as deliberately fact based false is incorrect. He is sharing his beliefs opinions and experiences, none of that is either implicitly false nor fact but Facebook does not want that information to become available to the public for the public to decide so they censor it

Unfortunately these Big Tech companies have got so big and become an everyday part of American life that they have to be held accountable for being shitheads.

Good luck.

Exactly. We the people receive the information and decide what we believe or don’t, accept or dismiss. It’s illegal for Big Brother tech to vacate our right and do that “for” us especially when their actions are entirely political affiliation oriented.

Even newspapers don't have to publish your letters to the editor if they are lies , slanders and threats or just stupid.. You have some very strange ideas. You know Facebook also has freedom of speech.
You got the cart before the horse. Your assessment if Trumps statements as deliberately fact based false is incorrect. He is sharing his beliefs opinions and experiences, none of that is either implicitly false nor fact but Facebook does not want that information to become available to the public for the public to decide so they censor it

What has he told the truth about in the past five years.. or 40 years? You are an adult man.. Why do you put up with his crap?

Same rules.. This board is privately owned just like facebook. DeSantis is too stupid for words.
Facebook claims we aren't allowed to sue it because it's a "platform" protected from lawsuits under rule 230. It also claims it's allowed to control it's content any way it wants to.

You are too stupid for words. The all-out assault on Facebook, youTube and twitter is about to begin.

I'm not sure you understand the lawsuit stuff. They can't be sued for CONTENT - you can sue if you get banned, but good luck.
Sure you can. If you control content, then you can be sued for what's in it.

Good luck.

So, you admit that Facebook is acting like a publisher, not a platform?

I love this solution. It won't matter if Blue states don't follow suit. All the red state lawsuits will bankrupt the Big tech companies.

I don't even care if it bankrupts one (which it won't even put a dent in them), what I care about is a very big politician stood up to big tech companies and showed citizens and other politicians you can fight the people and orginzations that are trying to control everyone.

Just the effort of someone like him pushing back let's others know they can also. If he influences one other politician then a domino effect starts and next thing you know people won't be afraid to say no to big tech control, media censorship, BLM agendas, and governmental attempt at controlling us all.

Every bit helps.

m,

wrong.

If they can't be sued then...why are they getting sued, and have been for some time?
Other than you and your fellow woke leftwingers, who said they can't be sued?

Good luck.

Yes, newspapers are publishers, in that they curate their content . . . and they can be sued, despite not only having freedom of speech, but actually being specifically covered by freedom of the press.

It's like you just spew words with no concept that they have meanings.

Good luck.

Good luck.

Wouldn't it be funny if they just quit doing business in Florida?

I was thinking the same thing. Why bother with Trump and Florida at all.

Maybe because almost 22 million people live there? There are a lot of businesses there that advertise on Facebook or use it to do business in other ways?

It's like you can't grasp any concept that isn't, "My political views make me good, and other views mean you're bad!" Grow up.

Good luck.

Good luck.

Maybe because almost 22 million people live there? There are a lot of businesses there that advertise on Facebook or use it to do business in other ways?

It's like you can't grasp any concept that isn't, "My political views make me good, and other views mean you're bad!" Grow up.

Well, then these businesses need to deal with Trump and Desantis because I'd just as soon Facebook quit Florida.

A State cannot cancel or “nullify” an existing federal law, even by passing one that purports to.

Perhaps not, but a state CAN force the courts to examine the issue.
Conservatives are always talking about the Constitution. Perhaps they should spend more time reading it than talking about it.

Here is part of Article VI

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

Good luck.

Good luck.

Well, then these businesses need to deal with Trump and Desantis because I'd just as soon Facebook quit Florida.

Well, I'm sure everyone will jump to take into account your personal pique that anyone should DARE to disagree with you. Any minute now, it's sure to matter to someone.

Maybe you should give Mr. Zuckerberg a call and let him know he has your permission.

A State cannot cancel or “nullify” an existing federal law, even by passing one that purports to.

Perhaps not, but a state CAN force the courts to examine the issue.
Conservatives are always talking about the Constitution. Perhaps they should spend more time reading it than talking about it.

Here is part of Article VI

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

Leftists are always trying to talk about the Constitution, and always end up sounding like a not-too-bright 10-year-old with ADD.

I love this solution. It won't matter if Blue states don't follow suit. All the red state lawsuits will bankrupt the Big tech companies.

JUST IN - Florida Gov. DeSantis has just signed a bill into law that would allow everyday Floridians to sue Big Tech Platforms for monetary damages.
Is Florida going to cover their legal bills when they lose?
Why would they, and what makes you think these people are going to lose?

Good luck.

Good luck.

Well, I'm sure everyone will jump to take into account your personal pique that anyone should DARE to disagree with you. Any minute now, it's sure to matter to someone.

Maybe you should give Mr. Zuckerberg a call and let him know he has your permission.

Desantis is planning to hurt all those Florida business that use Facebook so let them deal with Desantis and Trump.

Son you aren't in his league, he is beating Progs like a drum.

Forum List

Back