First State moves to abolish Police Officers Bill of Rights.

Welcome to the world the rest of us have lived in Officer
Dumbest thing I've read in awhile. You do not live in anything resembling a cops life.

They put their life on the line daily. They deal with criminals daily.

But you go ahead and keep living in your fantasy land.

A man died at work this week. He was not a cop. He was merely a man trying to earn a living for his family. Statistically speaking. There are at least a dozen different jobs that are far more dangerous than police. We do not grant them any special consideration. Coast Guardsmen go out in weather that has everyone else rushing to a safe harbor. We don’t shrug and say they have a tough job and whatever.

Fishermen die every year. Loggers die every year. We don’t let them tear up a bar and shrug saying whatever. You have to understand they have a tough job.

Soldiers are expected and required to behave a certain way. So are Marines, Sailors, and Air Force personnel. We have high standards of behavior for them. For far less money than cops get I might add. And nobody shrugs and says hey they have a tough job. You have to cut them some slack.

In fact. Military run Prisons are even more brutal than the civilian ones. Military members are expected to behave properly. If a military member does misbehave one of the charges is always conduct unbecoming. That sends the message that this is not tolerated.

Yet when we are discussing cops we have to take into consideration they have a top twenty dangerous job. Far safer than many others. But it doesn’t matter. It is the talking point. We have to respect the propaganda right?

If a logger goes home after a bad day and beats the wife. Nobody covers it up. His tough job doesn’t seem to matter now does it?

Firemen run into burning buildings to save people. We don’t cut them any slack because of their dangerous job. Unless you think that they are Pussies.

Only when we discuss cops is it dangerous job. When we point out others are in as much danger. Or more. And do not get slack for their professions we are told it is different.

OK. Tell me how it is different. Tell me how a soldier on the lines at a forward operating base in Afghanistan who is under threat and often attack every day is able to behave properly without resorting to crime but a cop isn’t?

Tell me how the Navy manages to maintain discipline when every single cruise will result in at least one dead sailor?

Tell me how the Marines Maintain such a high level of honor and integrity when they are the top of the spear constantly? When they are sent in where others fear to even consider going.

If you are honest. You will admit the excuses made for cops would not fly an inch in the Military. If you have any integrity you would admit that you are swallowing the propaganda hook line and sinker.

Nobody else gets that consideration do they?
The reforms needed for police has been for many years. How is it that this year, an election year it comes to a forefront? All of those years and decades in deep blue run cities with commission after commission set up by city governments and local black leaders like community activists and block captains with little results but paying these people lots of money and benefits got only the taxpayer snookered. Truthfully responsibility is double edged. The citizens need to do their part to. Because reforms will do nothing.

So what you are saying is that police must be above the law and difficult to impossible to hold accountable or we face anarchy? And that doesn’t give you a moment of discomfort?

Whst I’m saying is that I believe in JUSTICE, more than Legality. JUSTICE requires getting hands dirty at times. I have far greater faith in the average LEO, than I do the average US Citizenry thst are not LEOs.

OK. Justice. When a cop lies to get a conviction. Is that justice? When a cop plants evidence what would be justice? Would it be Justice to line the cops up and shoot them?

What is your idea of justice?

Committing a crime is committing a crime. To bring up Obama is saying you are a member of a cult.
If an obsma voter on crack was threatening you or your family I bet you’d call a cop to come and save you

So you don’t agree that those hired and empowered to uphold the laws should be held to the highest standard. So again our choices are anarchy or corruption.
He seems to be a copsucker.

We do need to do something about many of our police departments, Some how if possible it will get messed up. We need more improvements in just about every thing & have no good answers.

...Welcome to the world the rest of us have lived in Officer.

Welcome to a State with no LEOs, Maryland.

No sane person would continue to work as a LEO without many of those protections. I suspect there will be a mass exodus of LEOs when this goes into effect.

So what you are saying is that police must be above the law and difficult to impossible to hold accountable or we face anarchy? And that doesn’t give you a moment of discomfort?
Naah...he is a Stalinist, and worships Authority with religious fervor. He'd be cheering on the people herding Jews into boxcars.

Smann never stops with his I Hate the Cops threads
hahahahahhaahahahah
you DON'T live in the same world--DUH! --you fked up there
..you DON'T deal with irrational, jackass criminals everyday
..your life is NOT threatened or in danger
etc
and don't post that crap about being in the military

...the police are doing a fine job......they make MILLIONS of arrests with no problems

So why should the cops get special rights and privileges when they are suspected of a crime? That is what the LEOBR is all about isn’t it?

they don't. In fact, they get harassed over trivialities.

Ok. So let’s say Bob is accused of stealing something. Bob the civilian does not get any time. Bob is taken to an interview room and says he wants a lawyer. Bob is put in a holding cell and waits until a lawyer comes in.

Frank the cop is accused of stealing something. They tell Frank he is a suspect. Frank shrugs and heads home. Five days later Frank shows up with a lawyer.

How is that the same?

Bob can agree to answer questions without a lawyer. Frank can not by law in some states. The same cops interviewing Bob will tell him a lawyer makes you look guilty. They can not tell Frank the same thing.
ridiculous and unrealistic examples
1. most of the time, the cops are DEFENDING themselves
2. they ARE held accountable
--the cop who shot Scott was convicted
--the BART cop who shot Grant was convicted
--the cop who shot Damond was convicted
ETC

You do not even have a one track mind. You barely qualify for a half track mind. I did not comment about shootings. I was talking about other investigations. Theft. Rape. You know. The other crimes that are committed. And before you knee jerk about cops not doing it. Try a Google Search.

The least criminal segment of our society is Concealed Weapons Permit Holders. Compared to them Cops are about like the Bloods street gang. And the most common crime committed by that segment is carrying without their permit on their person. They leave it at home by accident. Seriously.

By contrast in more than thirty states it is perfectly legal for a cop to have sex, even coercion sex, with a prisoner. As long as the cop claims it is consensual then it is perfectly fine and dandy. Thank God for the cops right? Don’t let you daughter near one is my advice.
you have a one track mind - HATE cops
..there is no problem with the cops--you, also, have been DUPED by the MSM DUH

You're right there is no problem for racist, because the bad cops have the same mindset as the sheetwearers.

We do need to do something about many of our police departments, Some how if possible it will get messed up. We need more improvements in just about every thing & have no good answers.

Actually. Things can always be improved. We have had Steel the metal, figured out for centuries. And we keep improving it. Making it stronger. More resilient. Medical Science is always changing. As Doctors learn more and apply the knowledge and improve for the next generation.

When we are discussing cops however. The only options we have are anarchy or corruption, if the person defending the LEO’s even admit to a corruption problem.

“The Supreme Court of Georgia on Monday vacated a ruling that shielded three white former sheriff’s deputies from felony charges stemming from the death of a mentally ill Black man. “

thats it?

no background on the shooting?

this is typically bad journalism that plagues America

The article is not about the actions that led to the man's death. The article is on the ruling.

Obviously you didn't even read it as there was no shooting.

Progressive Culture produces criminals

Indeed. We can agree that Islamic Faith is most Conservative. Yet it was the Muslim Barbary Pirates that were the real reason the United States formed a Navy.

Shall I continue?

1hozrp.jpg

Maryland was the first state to create what has become a national standard. The Law Enforcement Officers Bill of Rights. These laws vary from State to State and generally speaking give police officers rights and privileges when investigated for wrongdoing that the average citizen might only dream of.

As one example. If you are suspected of a crime you are going to be questioned immediately. If you want a lawyer, you can ask for one. And the cops will hold you until the lawyer arrives.

Unless you are a cop. Then you get to go home and have five days to arrange an appointment to return with a lawyer to answer questions. I am sure that murderers and rapists would love five days to delay the questions from investigators. If they were a cop that would not be the only privilege they had.

Maryland was first to enact the LEOBR. Now it looks like they will be the first to ditch it.

Welcome to the world the rest of us have lived in Officer.
Maryland Democrats are scumbags. Hope their loved ones are murdered because defunded police could not respond.

“The Supreme Court of Georgia on Monday vacated a ruling that shielded three white former sheriff’s deputies from felony charges stemming from the death of a mentally ill Black man. “

thats it?

More information.

thats it?

More information.

Thanks for the info

I dont assign any blame to flanders since he was mentally compromised

as for the actions of the cops they were trying to use non lethal force

so I guess the jury will have to decide after hearing more evidence

Maryland was the first state to create what has become a national standard. The Law Enforcement Officers Bill of Rights. These laws vary from State to State and generally speaking give police officers rights and privileges when investigated for wrongdoing that the average citizen might only dream of.

As one example. If you are suspected of a crime you are going to be questioned immediately. If you want a lawyer, you can ask for one. And the cops will hold you until the lawyer arrives.

Unless you are a cop. Then you get to go home and have five days to arrange an appointment to return with a lawyer to answer questions. I am sure that murderers and rapists would love five days to delay the questions from investigators. If they were a cop that would not be the only privilege they had.

Maryland was first to enact the LEOBR. Now it looks like they will be the first to ditch it.

Welcome to the world the rest of us have lived in Officer.
Maryland Democrats are scumbags. Hope their loved ones are murdered because defunded police could not respond.

So any reform effort. No matter how insignificant should result in dead families. In your world anyone who does not share your views deserves death. Got it.

thats it?

More information.

Thanks for the info

I dont assign any blame to flanders since he was mentally compromised

as for the actions of the cops they were trying to use non lethal force

so I guess the jury will have to decide after hearing more evidence

The question of tier stops comes into play. A tier one stop the person is absolutely free to walk away. To escalate to a tier two you have to reasonably suspect they have or will commit a crime. That is why the “loitering” excuse was brought out. Oh and walking alongside a road with no sidewalks.

The Supreme Court said that was not sufficient. A walking man is not loitering. And you can’t claim someone walking along a public road without a sidewalk is supposed to be on a sidewalk. The reality in Rural Georgia is that people do walk alongside the roads. Saying that each of them is committing a crime is a little asinine.

Now. The question is one of liability. The first cop is almost certainly liable. The second and third are the question. What did they know? Did they arrive and see only the attempted arrest? Did they have a reasonable belief that their fellow officer was acting properly making the arrest?

The unanimous State Supreme Court said the judge who ruled it as qualified for immunity was wrong. So we will have to see what that Judge decides next. What is curious is the Prosecutor actually appealed the ruling when cops are involved. Not a common event. The times they are a changing.

Forum List

Back