Fight Club

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
I just rewatched this for the first time in a really long time, probably about four years, and I had forgotten how great it was. Brilliant performances, great and unique writing, AWESOME sound mix.

I actually "got" the whole underlying message and symbolism more, too. It has its flaws (for a movie that's obviously supposed to be a comedy, it's really violent), but I guess I'm more at a similar place in my life to the Narrator than I was four years ago, and it just resonated more.

Oh, and one of the best end sequences EVER. "Marla, you met me at a very strange time in my life." And that Pixies song... I could talk about this movie all night.

This is one of my favorite movies, one of the few that actually surprised me in the end. I only wished I had watched it in the theaters but didn't as I thought it was another teenage-oriented cheesy fight movie.

It's not.

I absolutely love this movie and the book... it is often misunderstood as it is actually intended to be a dark comedy... And Edward Norton is adorable...

it is often misunderstood as it is actually intended to be a dark comedy...

Yeah, it's a hilarious movie, but you definitely have to have a particular sense of humor to fully appreciate it.

What are some other movies you're into? I've found that most people who like this movie tend to like other good movies as well.

kancer43 said:
I absolutely love this movie and the book... it is often misunderstood as it is actually intended to be a dark comedy... And Edward Norton is adorable...

Much like American Psycho. Love that book and movie too.

no1tovote4 said:
Much like American Psycho. Love that book and movie too.
American Psycho is one of the most misunderstood movies, and books, but I think all of brett easton ellis books are. Im a huge fan, cant wait for glamorama to come out!!!

American Psycho is one of the most misunderstood movies, and books, but I think all of brett easton ellis books are. Im a huge fan, cant wait for glamorama to come out!!!

I forget the name of his new book, but Glamorama has been out for a long time. I read it a few years ago, but I really hated it. Maybe I didn't get it, if someone has seen it, please explain it to me!

Ellis' stuff doesn't really do a whole lot for me. American Psycho was pretty good, and while I understand the point of them, the descriptions of the murders just got a little too ridiculous. Having read some of his other books and seen similarly graphic descriptions, it seems more like Ellis himself getting off on all the violence, not Patrick Bateman. I've never read Less Than Zero, I heard that was really good.

Also, all his books are written pretty much in the same voice, to the point that I had to be told that The Informers was a collection of short stories, since every story is told in the first person in the same exact voice.

Dan said:
I forget the name of his new book, but Glamorama has been out for a long time. I read it a few years ago, but I really hated it. Maybe I didn't get it, if someone has seen it, please explain it to me!

Ellis' stuff doesn't really do a whole lot for me. American Psycho was pretty good, and while I understand the point of them, the descriptions of the murders just got a little too ridiculous. Having read some of his other books and seen similarly graphic descriptions, it seems more like Ellis himself getting off on all the violence, not Patrick Bateman. I've never read Less Than Zero, I heard that was really good.

Also, all his books are written pretty much in the same voice, to the point that I had to be told that The Informers was a collection of short stories, since every story is told in the first person in the same exact voice.

Iv already read the glamorama, but the movie is coming out in the near future. And less then zero is good

Iv already read the glamorama, but the movie is coming out in the near future. And less then zero is good

Ah, I see, I wonder if it would make a good movie? Since you have read it, can you explain to me what's going on in it? Is the film crew following him around real or just a figment of his imagination or just symbolic of something else? Also, what was up with him talking to himself on the phone at the end?

a great movie, really good.

And the last scene with "where is my mind"...wow ! (The Pixise are one of my favourite bands)

And I like as actor Edward Norton, and Brad Pitt, when he had good roles, like here, or in "Snatch".

A really good movie

Forum List

Back