females treated specially/etc

..here's another example of special treatment for females = privacy curtains
..and, all the effort/$$$$ is just for a few =idiotic
They're military. They have to take care of their own shit onboard the plane and empty it out when they land. It's a bedpan or a bucket situation for a lady. The Air Force has bombers, cargo planes, and fighter jets, not luxury passenger cruise airliners. Next?

Anecdote for you. When I went through Airborne school in 1991 there were a handful of women in our training battalion. The school was divided into three, one week phases: ground week, tower week and jump week. During ground week the black hat instructors ran us six miles every morning in combat boots, PT'd our asses off in sawdust pits and otherwise kicked our asses all over that section of Ft. Benning. We (the men) were required to do X number of pull ups in order to progress. The females, however, were allowed to do a hybrid style of "chin ups" where their feet never left the ground. They were also allowed to do pushups on their knees. Pissed me off at the time because in order to steer static line parachutes one must do several chin ups—lift one's own body weight. Oh well, I got over it and a few of the women even made their five jumps and graduated.

Anecdote for you. When I went through Airborne school in 1991 there were a handful of women in our training battalion. The school was divided into three, one week phases: ground week, tower week and jump week. During ground week the black hat instructors ran us six miles every morning in combat boots, PT'd our asses off in sawdust pits and otherwise kicked our asses all over that section of Ft. Benning. We (the men) were required to do X number of pull ups in order to progress. The females, however, were allowed to do a hybrid style of "chin ups" where their feet never left the ground. They were also allowed to do pushups on their knees. Pissed me off at the time because in order to steer static line parachutes one must do several chin ups—lift one's own body weight. Oh well, I got over it and a few of the women even made their five jumps and graduated.
..same in the USMC--the females didn't have to do as much..I never would've respected a female office if I had one

..same in the USMC--the females didn't have to do as much..I never would've respected a female office if I had one
Male chauvinism, misogyny, and woman-hating are completely unacceptable in the military but on the other hand, there are certain women who have a “hooker's agenda” that only serves to drag down the morale of the military as a whole, and that cannot be tolerated either.

Male chauvinism, misogyny, and woman-hating are completely unacceptable in the military but on the other hand, there are certain women who have a “hooker's agenda” that only serves to drag down the morale of the military as a whole, and that cannot be tolerated either.

Yes, this is true. Military professional decorum or courtesy must exceed all personal biases at all times. However, some women—and men for that matter—seemed to flaunt themselves and/or use their assets for placement. A buddy of mine, a transportation guy reclassified as a recruiter, always swore he'd never play the politics cutesy game with the opposite sex. He retired after twenty-three years still a staff sergeant. I retired after twenty-nine a chief warrant officer who came up from a master sergeant's slot. Thank God I did the entire time in line units. I mean, I was in plenty of rear areas and TOCs with female personnel—and field hospitals (ouch!), but never had to serve in an integrated unit like my buddy.

Forum List

Back