Felon at 10 for playing

I've been waiting 217 days to be able to share our story...on July 24, 2019 my 10 year old son, Gavin, got arrested for playing with a fake gun and a nerf gun while outside playing "Fortnite" with a friend at a house off post. Gavin was arrested for Menacing, a class 5 Felony. This is an extremely hard post to write as this has affected our whole family immensely. Especially our Gavin, who is terrified of law enforcement now and occasionally has flashbacks of the terrifying Felony Arrest of 10-Year-Old for Playing With Toy Gun - Moonbattery
You are safe now citizen and thank you for the cash infusion. Know your place.
To those driving by, seeing ... this? might be startling--could even cause an accident. I'm sure you taught your son, and he just forgot, that we don't point those things at people. Right?
LAdy I roamed my neighborhood with a toy realistic M-16 playing soldier as a kid.....police never showed up once......cop could have just as easily told em not to point at passing traffic....or perhaps the cop should have shot em eh

Fact of the matter is that both the politicians and the media have MANUFACTURED this panic about firearms. Without that, no sane person would see a child with an "M-16" and actually think it a real one and he on his way to commit a serial killing. No doubt those very few kids in school are being literally driven insane to the point of violence by the very school system and culture which is supposed to be there protecting and educating them.

too much of law enforcement is bent on extracting cash.
And unconscionable attorneys, judges, politics of it all, etc...

Far too many people just "doing their jobs" and just "obeying the law" and too few people questioning it.
Our case was a little more complicated as it involved politics and some nasty peeps that were looking for a way to damage me and they used my son as that opportunity to do it.

I've been waiting 217 days to be able to share our story...on July 24, 2019 my 10 year old son, Gavin, got arrested for playing with a fake gun and a nerf gun while outside playing "Fortnite" with a friend at a house off post. Gavin was arrested for Menacing, a class 5 Felony. This is an extremely hard post to write as this has affected our whole family immensely. Especially our Gavin, who is terrified of law enforcement now and occasionally has flashbacks of the terrifying Felony Arrest of 10-Year-Old for Playing With Toy Gun - Moonbattery
To those driving by, seeing ... this? might be startling--could even cause an accident. I'm sure you taught your son, and he just forgot, that we don't point those things at people. Right?
edinajo_1327341611_ORANGEgun.jpg
LAdy I roamed my neighborhood with a toy realistic M-16 playing soldier as a kid.....police never showed up once......cop could have just as easily told em not to point at passing traffic....or perhaps the cop should have shot em eh
When we were kids, mass shootings weren't a routine occurrence. Times have changed, and not for the better. I agree with you it was overkill on the cops' behalf, though.
How many mass shootings have been carried out by 10 yr old.... for that matter one of the drivers could have stopped and said hey dont do that......that used to happen back in the day too
Yeah--I had a couple of those experiences when I was a kid. Not the best of days. lol

It is a culture of violence that doesn't need to be fostered by kids of any age. Kids grow up. I'm definitely NOT saying that your son will grow up to be a mass shooter. And I think of when I was ten....hell, he just wasn't thinking.
Did the driver know it was toys? Do you know?

OL, you would not believe the things we did as kids and no one thought the worse for it, from drawing lines across the street with chalk then kids getting on both sides and yelling "PULL!" as a car approached (that was always good for a laugh), hammering nails in the road for cars to run over, to lighting real M80s along the street (sometimes a car would come along after we lit it and go off), stealing Christmas lights and other gags, soaping windows, toilet paper in their trees, to cutting down trees in the woods and making Halloween rigs to scare other kids, ghosts, red eyes in the dark, squirting cars with garden hoses, throwing apples at passing cars, other people houses.

We were hell on wheels.

And we all grew up normal. We are the leaders of the world now, government and industry. No one complained (much), no one was hurt, no one got arrested and no one got any police record. We fought in wars, got married, had families and had normal lives.

I doubt as much will be said of many children growing up today.

When we were kids, mass shootings weren't a routine occurrence. Times have changed, and not for the better. I agree with you it was overkill on the cops' behalf, though.
How many mass shootings have been carried out by 10 yr old.... for that matter one of the drivers could have stopped and said hey dont do that......that used to happen back in the day too
Yeah--I had a couple of those experiences when I was a kid. Not the best of days. lol

It is a culture of violence that doesn't need to be fostered by kids of any age. Kids grow up. I'm definitely NOT saying that your son will grow up to be a mass shooter. And I think of when I was ten....hell, he just wasn't thinking.
Not my son....see link....No he wasn't....Real world hasn't intruded into his daily life yet....until this insanity.

Mass shootings STILL AREN'T a "routine" occurrence. Get serious. What has it been, a year or two since the last real mass shooting? WE get near misses from asteroids more often than that. And none of them are being done by 10 year olds.

Actually it’s done all the time from water guns, to paint ball, and air soft. Or even the childhood classic game of cowboys and Indians. You sound like a fool.
Actually, if the two boys had been shooting it out with each other, of course it is "play." They were pointing toy weapons at passing traffic. Drivers wouldn't necessarily get a good enough look to know what was being aimed at them (although all the Nerf crossbows I saw were neon green and definitely looked like toys). Toy guns are way too realistic looking. Didn't a little boy get shot dead in a playground when a cop at close quarters mistook his toy for a real gun?
You clearly don’t know the mind of a prepubescent boy. That passing car could have simply been scenery, fulfilling the role of a tank as the young play pretend Pershing was advancing on enemy lines. There is something clearly, and deeply wrong with you.

They are literally taking all of the spirit out of boys now and trying to turn them into docile, fearful drones. Sit up straight. Look ahead. Don't act up. Settle down. You don't see Sally doing that do you?

Boys are little hellers. I can't even begin to calculate the harm we are doing to the world and our future generation by re-social-engineeering them into compliance and repression.

You're naivety is embarrassing. We have always been a warrior culture practiced in violence. Fostered at birth, and engrained in our young men. Culminating in our nation producing the most feared, and most skilled warriors the world has ever seen. Whose very presence ensures, and maintains the freedom, and security from which you issue your petulant criticisms.

Back when I was a kid, we all took hunter safety training ... so by this age we weren't fooling around with toy guns ... a very realistic looking .22 semi because it was a .22 semi ... yeesh ... never heard one word of grief packing around long guns in the neighborhood ... gunfire all around Saturday mornings ... good clean fun ...

You're naivety is embarrassing. We have always been a warrior culture practiced in violence. Fostered at birth, and engrained in our young men. Culminating in our nation producing the most feared, and most skilled warriors the world has ever seen. Whose very presence ensures, and maintains the freedom, and security from which you issue your petulant criticisms.
Couldn't agree more. OL is an embarrassment to the world of adults that has too-long gotten a free ride from me because I thought at her heart was actually a reasonable person. Now I realize simply a very naive one.

Boys run on testosterone and testosterone is at the heart of everything we value in a leader: aggression, boldness, fearlessness, decisiveness and action. This has been the driving force that has literally built civilization up from the dust for thousands of years. You can't simply ignore it or wish it away. Great leaders channel their drive into purposeful and creative ends. Evil people channel that drive into domination, cruelty and oppression. Simple minds cannot tell the difference and think one is the same.

What will happen to boys now chastised, sanctioned, reprimanded and punished into repressing their basic nature? Anyone who understands animal psychology knows that something repressed eventually must resurface elsewhere to find an outlet. And when natural drives are suppressed or repressed, they do untold inward harm and resurface almost always in a damaging and destructive way.

AND ISN'T THAT EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE SEEING NOW in these school shootings?!

Our culture of progressive education and law is now literally damaging our children in what, if employed individually, would be considered nothing less than child abuse.

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET when the State takes over and decides it has the authority to both tell you how to run your marriage as well as raise your children, literally, how to live your life.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for what happened to your son Manonthestreet....it looks like a fantasy novel....
I don't understand why things like that happen maybe some people (police officers included sometimes) have no sense of reality (and humor).
Kids (more boys than girls) have always played with fake guns and that was not a problem in the past I guess... o_O

Forum List

Back