Felon at 10 for playing

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
I've been waiting 217 days to be able to share our story...on July 24, 2019 my 10 year old son, Gavin, got arrested for playing with a fake gun and a nerf gun while outside playing "Fortnite" with a friend at a house off post. Gavin was arrested for Menacing, a class 5 Felony. This is an extremely hard post to write as this has affected our whole family immensely. Especially our Gavin, who is terrified of law enforcement now and occasionally has flashbacks of the terrifying Felony Arrest of 10-Year-Old for Playing With Toy Gun - Moonbattery
You are safe now citizen and thank you for the cash infusion. Know your place.

I dont have Facebook so I cant follow the link, like to know how much the State pillaged this family for.

I've been waiting 217 days to be able to share our story...on July 24, 2019 my 10 year old son, Gavin, got arrested for playing with a fake gun and a nerf gun while outside playing "Fortnite" with a friend at a house off post. Gavin was arrested for Menacing, a class 5 Felony. This is an extremely hard post to write as this has affected our whole family immensely. Especially our Gavin, who is terrified of law enforcement now and occasionally has flashbacks of the terrifying Felony Arrest of 10-Year-Old for Playing With Toy Gun - Moonbattery
So sorry to hear that. We went through some judicial abuse and lots of false charges with my son where there were also people at school involved. It took its toll, years for him to overcome plus cost a small fortune as son had to have an attorney and as a parent I had to have a separate attorney.

too much of law enforcement is bent on extracting cash.
It’s far more than that. This idea of “felony” status being used to strip citizens of their rights going forward has only expanded, and will continue to do so until the state has its serfs right where they want them. It’s their ultimate loophole to circumvent an individuals constitutional rights. And there is no public input, or permission required for the state to decide what constitutes a felony. The only defining guideline is that the “possible” sentencing for a conviction of a given charge “could” be one day more than ones years incarceration. The convicted need not even spend one single minute in jail. And any state can adjust their sentencing guidelines for any infraction to meet this standard, at any time without any input from the citizenry. That should be concerning for all free men.

To those driving by, seeing ... this? might be startling--could even cause an accident. I'm sure you taught your son, and he just forgot, that we don't point those things at people. Right?
edinajo_1327341611_ORANGEgun.jpg

To those driving by, seeing ... this? might be startling--could even cause an accident. I'm sure you taught your son, and he just forgot, that we don't point those things at people. Right?
LAdy I roamed my neighborhood with a toy realistic M-16 playing soldier as a kid.....police never showed up once......cop could have just as easily told em not to point at passing traffic....or perhaps the cop should have shot em eh

Actually it’s done all the time from water guns, to paint ball, and air soft. Or even the childhood classic game of cowboys and Indians. You sound like a fool.

YOU HAVE MY SINCERE DEEP-FELT SYMPATHIZES for what this one, lone, crazed asshole has done to your children and family for simply playing with toys in their yard. I bet this jerk wouldn't like it if someone did the same thing to him.

IN A SANE WORLD, this asshole in the car would have simply knocked on your door and spoken to one of you suggesting they move to the backyard where they don't alarm any passer-byes with their orange toys. I cannot imagine calling the police on children knowing they were just innocently playing a game with toys. The way he came screaming at them, have you considered pressing charges against him?

IN A SANE WORLD, police would see this as it is, and like kids selling lemonade along the street, would simply tell the family the same thing: go in the backyard where you don't bother anyone, but I'm sure the police would say they don't have a choice and must follow the law, but that is pure bullshit. Every officer has discretion, especially in dealing with children.

I am so sorry the ugliness and ignorance of progressive liberalism has victimized and terrorized your children. These kids are far too young to begin to understand why they were treated so and I'm sure have had nightmares ever since. It infuriates me that this thoughtless idiot in the car would so harm children possibly for life for so innocent and pointless a reason, for if he ACTUALLY THOUGHT these kids were pointing real weapons at him as a threat, he certainly didn't show it by slamming on his brakes, roaring into reverse and jumping out screaming at your kids. I think I would have a real problem with that fuckhead.

It is a real shame the unbelievable horror that progressives have made of the world from the time I was a kid and it was EXPECTED of you to play with toy guns, cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, fake toy knives, bows and arrows and lawn darts. I feel sorry for kids growing up today and hope both your family and your children can heal both from the emotional and financial scars of one thoughtless asshole and a legal system that has simply gone insane.

LAdy I roamed my neighborhood with a toy realistic M-16 playing soldier as a kid.....police never showed up once......cop could have just as easily told em not to point at passing traffic....or perhaps the cop should have shot em eh
When we were kids, mass shootings weren't a routine occurrence. Times have changed, and not for the better. I agree with you it was overkill on the cops' behalf, though.

Actually it’s done all the time from water guns, to paint ball, and air soft. Or even the childhood classic game of cowboys and Indians. You sound like a fool.
Actually, if the two boys had been shooting it out with each other, of course it is "play." They were pointing toy weapons at passing traffic. Drivers wouldn't necessarily get a good enough look to know what was being aimed at them (although all the Nerf crossbows I saw were neon green and definitely looked like toys). Toy guns are way too realistic looking. Didn't a little boy get shot dead in a playground when a cop at close quarters mistook his toy for a real gun?

YOU HAVE MY SINCERE DEEP-FELT SYMPATHIZES for what this one, lone, crazed asshole has done to your children and family for simply playing with toys in their yard. I bet this jerk wouldn't like it if someone did the same thing to him.

IN A SANE WORLD, this asshole in the car would have simply knocked on your door and spoken to one of you suggesting they move to the backyard where they don't alarm any passer-byes with their orange toys. I cannot imagine calling the police on children knowing they were just innocently playing a game with toys. The way he came screaming at them, have you considered pressing charges against him?

IN A SANE WORLD, police would see this as it is, and like kids selling lemonade along the street, would simply tell the family the same thing: go in the backyard where you don't bother anyone, but I'm sure the police would say they don't have a choice and must follow the law, but that is pure bullshit. Every officer has discretion, especially in dealing with children.

I am so sorry the ugliness and ignorance of progressive liberalism has victimized and terrorized your children. These kids are far too young to begin to understand why they were treated so and I'm sure have had nightmares ever since. It infuriates me that this thoughtless idiot in the car would so harm children possibly for life for so innocent and pointless a reason, for if he ACTUALLY THOUGHT these kids were pointing real weapons at him as a threat, he certainly didn't show it by slamming on his brakes, roaring into reverse and jumping out screaming at your kids. I think I would have a real problem with that fuckhead.

It is a real shame the unbelievable horror that progressives have made of the world from the time I was a kid and it was EXPECTED of you to play with toy guns, cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, fake toy knives, bows and arrows and lawn darts. I feel sorry for kids growing up today and hope both your family and your children can heal both from the emotional and financial scars of one thoughtless asshole and a legal system that has simply gone insane.
X1000!
I couldn’t have said it better.

When we were kids, mass shootings weren't a routine occurrence. Times have changed, and not for the better. I agree with you it was overkill on the cops' behalf, though.
How many mass shootings have been carried out by 10 yr old.... for that matter one of the drivers could have stopped and said hey dont do that......that used to happen back in the day too

Not my family,,,,,,see link.....

Actually, if the two boys had been shooting it out with each other, of course it is "play." They were pointing toy weapons at passing traffic. Drivers wouldn't necessarily get a good enough look to know what was being aimed at them (although all the Nerf crossbows I saw were neon green and definitely looked like toys). Toy guns are way too realistic looking. Didn't a little boy get shot dead in a playground when a cop at close quarters mistook his toy for a real gun?
You clearly don’t know the mind of a prepubescent boy. That passing car could have simply been scenery, fulfilling the role of a tank as the young play pretend Pershing was advancing on enemy lines. There is something clearly, and deeply wrong with you.

That looks modeled after a Beretta 9mm 92FS. Have you ever handled one of them? Any idea how much one weighs? My guess is that the average 10 year old would need BOTH arms to pick up, hold and point the real gun, and if he actually fired it, it would probably fly back and smash himself in the face with it!

Forum List

Back