Fellow Republicans: Move on From This Dangerous and Diminished Man

It appears that Republicans can’t let go of Donny either.

You have to hand it to the prick, he does know how to get attention, it’s just one of his many infantile qualities that make him so endearing
As soon as you a-holes stop running down Trump conservatives will stop feeling compelled to defend him from the people that spent four years trying to drive him from office.

But this seems too much for leftists to bear. Insulting Trump is a very strong narcotic for keyboard
jockeys to kick. I doubt they can do it and wanting to stop is the first step to take.

In 2024 Ron DeSantis will give you all something to snipe at.
It will be fascinating to see who the left pulls from the gutter. Lori Lightfoot, perhaps?

You have to hand it to the prick, he does know how to get attention, it’s just one of his many infantile qualities that make him so endearing
As soon as you a-holes stop running down Trump conservatives will stop feeling compelled to defend him from the people that spent four years trying to drive him from office.

But this seems too much for leftists to bear. Insulting Trump is a very strong narcotic for keyboard
jockeys to kick. I doubt they can do it and wanting to stop is the first step to take.

It will be fascinating to see who the left pulls from the gutter. Lori Lightfoot, perhaps?
Sorry I hurt your feelings by insulting Donny, it’s odd though when someone insults him YOUR feelings get hurt, why is that?

Good luck with your new boy Ronny in 2024, personally I couldn’t care less who Crime Family-D runs against him.

Sorry I hurt your feelings by insulting Donny, it’s odd though when someone insults him YOUR feelings get hurt, why is that?

Good luck with your new boy Ronny in 2024, personally I couldn’t care less who Crime Family-D runs against him.
You can't hurt my feelings because I don't give a crap what you think.

You can't hurt my feelings because I don't give a crap what you think.
Interesting, then why did you respond with your invective filled rant? Do you always make such a cacophony of meaningless noise to people whom you “don’t give a crap” what they think? Or can you just not help yourself when you perceive the object of your affections honor has been sullied?

You people that worship politicians that wouldn’t deign to piss on you if you were on fire crack me up.

Interesting, then why did you respond with your invective filled rant? Do you always make such a cacophony of meaningless noise to people whom you “don’t give a crap” what they think? Or can you just not help yourself when you perceive the object of your affections honor has been sullied?

You people that worship politicians that wouldn’t deign to piss on you if you were on fire crack me up.
My political positions are not a measure of how much I "love" any politician.
Stop thinking like fifth grader.

My political positions are not a measure of how much I "love" any politician.
Stop thinking like fifth grader.
Uh-huh, you don’t love your politicians yet somehow feel the obligation to throw tantrums in public whenever you feel they’ve been sleighted. :rolleyes:

One wonders what your mental state will look like on the off chance that Donny loses yet another election, apoplectic foaming at the mouth comes to mind.

Uh-huh, you don’t love your politicians yet somehow feel the obligation to throw tantrums in public whenever you feel they’ve been sleighted. :rolleyes:

One wonders what your mental state will look like on the off chance that Donny loses yet another election, apoplectic foaming at the mouth comes to mind.
Learn how to spell, first of all. It makes you look like a moron, which seems about right actually,
when you ignore your spell check which every computer has.

Secondly using emotionally loaded pejoratives, like I "threw a tantrum" and my imagined "apoplectic foaming at the mouth" also is the hallmark of a third rate troll looking for attention you apparently never got at home.

Sorry. I'm not here to entertain children or keep them busy. Troll on elsewhere. I don't gladly suffer fools.

Learn how to spell, first of all. It makes you look like a moron, which seems about right actually,
when you ignore your spell check which every computer has.

Secondly using emotionally loaded pejoratives, like I "threw a tantrum" and my imagined "apoplectic foaming at the mouth" also is the hallmark of a third rate troll looking for attention you apparently never got at home.

Sorry. I'm not here to entertain children or keep them busy. Troll on elsewhere. I don't gladly suffer fools.
Sorry I hurt your feelings yet again, however I’m obliged to call them as I see them regardless of how badly it triggers the object of those criticisms. Nothing personal, just business.

Perhaps you should throw yet another invective laden paroxysm to demonstrate how emotionally stable and mature you are.

Anyways, feel free to continue your ranting and raving in solitude, your 15 minutes were up 10 minutes ago.:bye1:

Doubling down on stupidity is not the wisest path you could take. It seems to be your only
option, however. How unfortunate.

Last edited:
Well I have to disagree with you. You strategy is pay the employees as little as possible. That was not exactly Henry Ford's concept. But if that is how you feel, then why all the complaining about unemployment benefits and people staying home. From your perspective, the solution is simple, everyone should stay the hell home until pay increases significantly. And I will not argue, Walmart managers are paid handsomely, but even in that area the pay is extremely distorted. A 95 million dollar a year supercenter manager is going to be looking at a compensation package in excess of a quarter of a million dollars a year. No other manager, or coach, or store lead, is going to be making six figures in that store.

Some quick googling and the use of a calculator provided the following numbers. 2019 Walmart had 2.2 million employees. That year their operating cash flow was 27.8 billion dollars. Average employee pay, that is all employees, was $14.24 an hour, around 25 grand a year. Those employees generated $12,636 each in cash flow. Just in stock buybacks alone, each employee delivered over six grand. So, the workers got a dollar, the company got fifty cents in cash, and of that, the stockholders got a quarter.

Now, I hear you. My clients have made out very well with their Walmart stock, I have been bullish for years. But not any more. They are bleeding money into the online channel and their restructuring is destroying operating conditions. They are penny wise and pound foolish when it comes to employee pay, management structure, supplies, and equipment. Their management incentive pay structure is dysfunctional and results in poor decision making at the store level. But more than anything, that dollar, fifty cent, quarter arrangement is unsustainable and I see no effort to improve it. If anything, they are attempting to further exploit those employees.

And I hear you about piece work, profit sharing is alright, but I paid my employees a percentage of revenue generated, that is "fair". And the reality is the labor market is just like any other market, you get what you pay for. If you pay shit, you get shit. I mean when is the last time you went in a Walmart? The store in this town is dirty, the employees look like they were swept in off the street, and the shelves are almost bare. Then walk into a Publix, gleaming floors, full shelves, and sharp dressed employees. Publix is employee owned.

I complain about unemployment benefits paying more than jobs do because it encourages people to stay home. Government should not be in business of doing that, especially as they put this country deeper and deeper into the hole. It has nothing to do with what I feel, it has to do with the nature of things. Very few people overpay others who work for them. I don't, you don't, your neighbors and family don't, and neither does industry.

After the last recession I can't tell you how many stories I read about people who stayed on unemployment to it's last day or close to it not being able to find a job. Employers look down on stuff like that. They look at such people as lazy and opportunists who will take advantage of any given situation, and they don't want people like that working for them. So not only is government making people fat and lazy, they are destroying their chances at meaningful employment once the gravy train stops and they have no choice but to find a job.

You seem to be obsessed between what a company makes compared to what they pay their employees. Again, one has nothing to do with the other. You applied for X job. X job pays X money. When the job was offered to you, your choice was to accept X pay or decline it. Nobody is taking advantage of anybody else. If an employer is happy with substandard workers who will work for cheap, that's his business. If an employer makes $500 an hour off your labor, or $20.00 an hour off your labor, that too is his business and not yours.

When I got out of school I worked at a car wash for minimum wage. From there I went to a factory a friend of mine worked at for again, minimum wage. The singer in our band got me a job where he worked, again, for minimum wage. To make a long story short, it was those minimum wage jobs that drove me to better myself. If any of those jobs paid outstanding money, I'd still be at one of them today as a flunky with just about no experience at anything. But anytime I became unhappy with my circumstance, I didn't blame the employers, I blamed myself. Because I held myself responsible instead of anybody else, I took measures to improve my income and lifestyle.
I am getting the picture here. You make the mistake that many others make concerning properly functioning markets, like the labor market at the low end, or the health care market. There is one component that must be present for a market to function efficiently, and by that, I mean that the market price is a fair price. One that does not result in extortionary profits. In fact, this component is present in our judicial code, a requirement for a valid contract. It is called equal consideration. For low skilled workers equal consideration is not present. The reality is that the employee needs the job more than the company needs the employee. If anything, this federal unemployment benefited has at least leveled the playing field. In fact, the complaining is happening precisely because employers no longer have that advantage, now there is actually equal consideration, and the lack of employers being able to fill positions is a clear indication that current salaries being offered are inadequate.

Indulge me with a personal story. Many years ago I applied for a part-time position as a meat cutter at a local supermarket. My insurance business was pretty much on cruise control after twenty years, the kids were out of the house, my wife was working, and I have always missed the "block". Making some spending money while cutting meat sounded like a good idea, I didn't even expect to be paid much. Maybe 15 bucks an hour for twenty hours or so a week. A couple dinners out for the wife and I without touching the business income.

So I get there about half an hour early and looked over the meat case. It was a poor shape, and I laughed to myself thinking of the ass chewing I would have gotten if my meat case had looked that way back in the day. About five minutes before the scheduled time I reported to the customer service manager and she told me to have a seat and wait for the assistant manager. I had already spotted him, straightening up the candy racks on the front end. She told him I was there. They young, maybe 25 year old punk piddled around for another twenty minutes just to make me wait.

He questioned me about my qualifications, told me I would have to know how to cut all the cuts in the case because of the custom meat case. I assured him I was quite qualified and explained my background. Now this chain had already made the switch to case ready beef, cut off site, but they did do custom cuts in their butcher shop. Then he got around to pay. He said he could only give me about ten to fifteen hours a week, and the pay was just a bit above minimum wage. My response was, "You want a trained meat cutter but you don't want to pay for them". He said, oh we don't cut meat here. I was livid, I told him that he had already explained to me that I had to be able to cut all the cuts of meat. I was done, I mean at this rate my income would barely cover the tip for one dinner out, certainly not worth my time. I stood up, and he stood up to meet me and I climbed in his face, inches from the little shit's nose, and I told him, "I don't need this job, I have a successful business", and then I started rattling off all the problems in his meat case, from the out of dates to the dark turning meat and glaring holes. I told him good luck finding a real meat cutter.

I know he no longer works there. An old friend, former meat cutter, runs that department now. But he had to have a job because the company he worked for went out of business. You see the difference. I expected to be paid close to what I was worth, and I was quite capable of walking away. My friend was not so fortunate. Equal consideration. There are two solutions. Either implement a minimum guaranteed income, as some cities and counties throughout the country have done, or mandate a significantly higher minimum wage.

I am getting the picture here. You make the mistake that many others make concerning properly functioning markets, like the labor market at the low end, or the health care market. There is one component that must be present for a market to function efficiently, and by that, I mean that the market price is a fair price. One that does not result in extortionary profits. In fact, this component is present in our judicial code, a requirement for a valid contract. It is called equal consideration. For low skilled workers equal consideration is not present. The reality is that the employee needs the job more than the company needs the employee. If anything, this federal unemployment benefited has at least leveled the playing field. In fact, the complaining is happening precisely because employers no longer have that advantage, now there is actually equal consideration, and the lack of employers being able to fill positions is a clear indication that current salaries being offered are inadequate.

Indulge me with a personal story. Many years ago I applied for a part-time position as a meat cutter at a local supermarket. My insurance business was pretty much on cruise control after twenty years, the kids were out of the house, my wife was working, and I have always missed the "block". Making some spending money while cutting meat sounded like a good idea, I didn't even expect to be paid much. Maybe 15 bucks an hour for twenty hours or so a week. A couple dinners out for the wife and I without touching the business income.

So I get there about half an hour early and looked over the meat case. It was a poor shape, and I laughed to myself thinking of the ass chewing I would have gotten if my meat case had looked that way back in the day. About five minutes before the scheduled time I reported to the customer service manager and she told me to have a seat and wait for the assistant manager. I had already spotted him, straightening up the candy racks on the front end. She told him I was there. They young, maybe 25 year old punk piddled around for another twenty minutes just to make me wait.

He questioned me about my qualifications, told me I would have to know how to cut all the cuts in the case because of the custom meat case. I assured him I was quite qualified and explained my background. Now this chain had already made the switch to case ready beef, cut off site, but they did do custom cuts in their butcher shop. Then he got around to pay. He said he could only give me about ten to fifteen hours a week, and the pay was just a bit above minimum wage. My response was, "You want a trained meat cutter but you don't want to pay for them". He said, oh we don't cut meat here. I was livid, I told him that he had already explained to me that I had to be able to cut all the cuts of meat. I was done, I mean at this rate my income would barely cover the tip for one dinner out, certainly not worth my time. I stood up, and he stood up to meet me and I climbed in his face, inches from the little shit's nose, and I told him, "I don't need this job, I have a successful business", and then I started rattling off all the problems in his meat case, from the out of dates to the dark turning meat and glaring holes. I told him good luck finding a real meat cutter.

I know he no longer works there. An old friend, former meat cutter, runs that department now. But he had to have a job because the company he worked for went out of business. You see the difference. I expected to be paid close to what I was worth, and I was quite capable of walking away. My friend was not so fortunate. Equal consideration. There are two solutions. Either implement a minimum guaranteed income, as some cities and counties throughout the country have done, or mandate a significantly higher minimum wage.

Let me explain a few things here:

A small increase in minimum wage is okay because it's not that noticeable or harmful to business. What they are talking about now is almost doubling the minimum wage. This would create a Domino effect. You start out at a company working minimum wage, as time goes on and you learn more things, you get wage increases. Five years later you went from minimum wage to $15.00 an hour. Great! But now some politicians come along and increase the minimum wage to $15.00 which puts you right back to where you started at.

So you march into your supervisors office and demand $22.00 an hour. The company has little choice but to pay you; either that or find another employee at $15.00 an hour that knows nothing. That's good, isn't it? Well......what about that coworker of yours that's been at the company for fifteen years and is making $22.00 an hour when he finds out you are now making the same money as he is?

What a lot of people don't understand about wages is that wages are only part of an employee expense. There is unemployment insurance that's mandated by law, there is workman's compensation that's not only mandated by law, but extremely expensive. Your employer has to pay you while you're not working on holidays and vacations. He has to match your SS and Medicare contributions. So when an employer increases wage, all those other things cost more too. A massive wage increase for all employees would cause a considerable amount of companies to just go out of business.

End results: You are now doing quite fine thanks to the huge minimum wage increase, but very soon, everything you need to buy is much more expensive as well. Bottom line is even at this new high minimum wage, you are no better off than you were at the old minimum wage. The only real change is out of control inflation. The second scenario is that you had a job albeit lower wage job, but at least you had a job. When the new MW kicked in, your employer was on the fence about replacing you with a machine but it wouldn't have been that much of an advantage for him. With the new MW, it made his decision much, much easier. Other alternatives include using more outsourcing, and perhaps even moving out of the country like the thousands of businesses that did during the big union days.

Minimum wage workers in the US makeup 3.5% of our entire workforce. In many of those cases if the employee stays with the same company, they are making over MW within the first year. So do we create massive cost of living increase for everybody, lose jobs, close down companies or force them overseas, more automation which is already the number one job killer in America for 3.5% of our workeforce?

Sadly, most just can't quit him, so strong is the cult.

Op-Ed from a Republican:

When Donald Trump, the patron saint of sore losers, appeared at a Republican event on Saturday night and compared the 2020 election to a “third-world-country election like we’ve never seen before,” it wasn’t just another false rant from the former president. His words also described his attempted subversion of democracy in the run-up to the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.

Consider Mr. Trump’s remarks at his rally just before the attack: “If Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election,” he said. “All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify and we become president.”

Or consider Mr. Trump’s harassment of Georgia’s Republican secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, with the request to “find” him votes, or his relentless harassment of other election officials and governors.

Many Republicans want to move on from the Jan. 6 attack. But how is that possible when the former president won’t move on from the Nov. 3 election and continues to push the same incendiary lies that resulted in 61 failed lawsuits before Jan. 6, led to an insurrection and could lead to yet more violence?

The deep state dimmies are going to get their just desserts in the near future for cancelling the majority vote and inserting a criminal extortionist of taxpayer funded foreign aid packages to third world countries. And it may not be pretty when the treason against American voters is requited in full.

I don't need anyone to defend me. Only morons think ANY politician cares about them. Yet again you just look silly.
Try putting a little less of your "feelings" into it.

Personally I would take Trump back in a heartbeat over Biden. The economy was booming for my business under his leadership despite his personality. Now we have a buffoon with mental capacity issues and inflation growing rapidly. A year ago under Trump lumber cost me 2.43 per 8ft. Now it's nearly 9 dollars per 8 foot.
So excuse me when I say fuck your "feelings" about Trump on a personal level. I function on REALITY
The economy is booming now you partisan piss aunt. Stop lying.

Nope. Trump just wants revenge and your money.
He'll get his revenge in 2024.
Says the clown who voted for the biggest loser in history who lost the popular vote. Twice.

Trump has to rely on Fox goons like Hannity & Bartiromo to get his deranged conspiracies theories run up the ass of his idiot supporters.

Trump ran on Trade and Immigration issues. That you think that conspiracy theories are what this is all about, is you being an asshole.

Trump has to rely on Fox goons like Hannity & Bartiromo to get his deranged conspiracies theories run up the ass of his idiot supporters.

What choice does he have? The anti-Americans own all the major social media and Nazis don't believe in freedom of speech.
If yoir talking about FB & Twitter Trump brought it on himself with his lies, conspracy theories & his attempt to overthrow the lawfull election. He violated their TOS, period. Trump had the biggest bully pulpit on the planet & he blew it with his lies. Tough shit.

If yoir talking about FB & Twitter Trump brought it on himself with his lies, conspracy theories & his attempt to overthrow the lawfull election. He violated their TOS, period. Trump had the biggest bully pulpit on the planet & he blew it with his lies. Tough shit.

You are so dense. Trump brought them a lot of new members. When he lost, they had no use for him. They always hated him but business first.

Forum List

Back