Feds seize products made from suspected human hair in crackdown on China forced labor

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Just wow. I'm glad America is taking notice, because many of your "allies" aren't or don't care. Will MSM care?

Feds seize products made from suspected human hair in crackdown on China forced labor

Federal customs officers in Newark, N.J., seized a huge shipment of products that officials suspect were made with human hair as part of an effort to crack down on forced labor in China, Fox News has learned.

The U.S. government is analyzing the cargo to confirm its origin. But U.S. officials said they intercepted part of a 13-ton shipment – including products like hair extensions and wigs – that potentially was produced by forced prison and child labor in the region of Xinjiang.

“If this highly suspicious, 13-ton shipment of human hair indeed turns out to be linked to the Uyghur concentration camps, then this is a new low – even for the Chinese Communist Party – and they will have to answer to the world community for their actions,” said John Ullyot, spokesman for the National Security Council.

Customs and Border Protection detained the shipment, worth more than $800,000, as part of a June 17 order to ports nationwide to hold products manufactured by Lop County Meixin Hair Product Co. Ltd. “based on information that reasonably indicated that they are manufactured with the use of prison labor,” according to a U.S. official.

Just wow. I'm glad America is taking notice, because many of your "allies" aren't or don't care. Will MSM care?

Federal customs officers in Newark, N.J., seized a huge shipment of products that officials suspect were made with human hair as part of an effort to crack down on forced labor in China, Fox News has learned.

The U.S. government is analyzing the cargo to confirm its origin. But U.S. officials said they intercepted part of a 13-ton shipment – including products like hair extensions and wigs – that potentially was produced by forced prison and child labor in the region of Xinjiang.

“If this highly suspicious, 13-ton shipment of human hair indeed turns out to be linked to the Uyghur concentration camps, then this is a new low – even for the Chinese Communist Party – and they will have to answer to the world community for their actions,” said John Ullyot, spokesman for the National Security Council.

Customs and Border Protection detained the shipment, worth more than $800,000, as part of a June 17 order to ports nationwide to hold products manufactured by Lop County Meixin Hair Product Co. Ltd. “based on information that reasonably indicated that they are manufactured with the use of prison labor,” according to a U.S. official.
Human hair has nothing to do with it, really--it's because the wigs were made with prison labor. This headline is trying to attract people hoping for something grisly like lampshades made of human skin.

I'm not sure why this is some kind of "new low." Even if they cut off the prisoners' hair and made the wigs out of it, so what? It's the prison labor part of it that we object to. So the Chinese will have to go back to having their prison population manufacture domestic products--or sell their wigs to countries that don't care. I'm glad we caught it--I don't agree with buying things produced by forced labor. But it could just as easily have been dog food.

That shipment was paid for before it left china

so someone in America is going to lose almost a million bucks

and hopefully that will make others think twice before placing another order with china

and hopefully that will make others think twice before placing another order with china

I don't like someone losing cash if they didn't know, I do like the idea of people thinking twice.

I'm curious that nobody asks the question also about the transmission of the Wuhan Virus through shipments, especially early on when the virus was at it's peak. It could be the greatest Trojan Horse...just ship a virus through the mail to any nation you wish.

China is terrible and they deserved all the rowdy protests they had, but I'm really skeptical of this administration's account of what they found. Taking a wait and see approach on this.

I don't like someone losing cash if they didn't know, I do like the idea of people thinking twice.

I'm curious that nobody asks the question also about the transmission of the Wuhan Virus through shipments, especially early on when the virus was at it's peak. It could be the greatest Trojan Horse...just ship a virus through the mail to any nation you wish.
Everyone who has ever imported from china knows there is risk

A lot of importers have been burned by the chinese shipping them defective merchandise

the sooner Americans wise and try to hold their lust for quick profits in check the sooner we will be

My mom claimed the US government bought especially fine women's hair for bomber opticales during WW2,

The Victorians made jewelry and decorative art from the hair of their dead loved ones. Looks like this one was from a couple different family members.

1593618642080.png

Aren't wigs made from human hair?
OP put "suspected" in the wrong place to spark grisly interest and show how EVIL the Chinese are. Donald thanks them.

Actually, I just copied and pasted from the original article as posted.

I do agree that the Communist Government of China is evil though, however, I don't think that Chinese citizens are evil. I've met many who came here from Canada because they wanted liberty (jokes on them unfortunately, though it is an improvement for them I imagine).

I never have problems with the average human, we all have the same desires and dreams, I have a problem with oppressors and those who pervert capitalism and civil liberties.

OP put "suspected" in the wrong place to spark grisly interest and show how EVIL the Chinese are. Donald thanks them.
the OP didnt put it there you ignorant twat,,its the title of the article,,
Okay, so he copied an article that used an ignorant click-seeking title. No need to call names, fuckhead.
a lot of reason since you didnt take 1 second to read it and decide to shoot your mouth off and prove your ignorance,,,

Okay, so he copied an article that used an ignorant click-seeking title. No need to call names, fuckhead.
a lot of reason since you didnt take 1 second to read it and decide to shoot your mouth off and prove your ignorance,,,
I read the whole thing, which clearly stated the wigs and hair extensions are suspected of being made by prison labor. No one is stopping the shipment because it is made of human hair from whatever person's head. Maybe YOU need to read the article before shooting your mouth off.

If I missed something, quote it to me.

I read the whole thing, which clearly stated the wigs and hair extensions are suspected of being made by prison labor. No one is stopping the shipment because it is made of human hair from whatever person's head. Maybe YOU need to read the article before shooting your mouth off.

based on your comment you didnt bother to read the title,,so I highly doubt you read anything else,,,

based on your comment you didnt bother to read the title,,so I highly doubt you read anything else,,,
I just love when posters completely fabricate some stupid premise and then holler at someone for it. It's all in your mind, shadow boxer.

I just love when posters completely fabricate some stupid premise and then holler at someone for it. It's all in your mind, shadow boxer.
are you saying you didnt acuse the OP of changing the title???

if so go back and read comment #11

Forum List

Back