Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell made clear the Fed will begin raising interest rates this very month in an effort to restrain surging inflation

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Hopefully, Powell understands that the inflation we are experiencing is not because of traditional causes but because of the ongoing supply chain issues as a result of the covid pandemic. Raising interest rates will do nothing to address these.

"Chair Of The Federal Reserve Powell: We Expect Rate Hike In March Will Be Appropriate, We Will Begin To Reduce Balance Sheet After Process Of Raising Interest Rates Has Begun"

Hopefully, Powell understands that the inflation we are experiencing is not because of traditional causes but because of the ongoing supply chain issues as a result of the covid pandemic. Raising interest rates will do nothing to address these.

"Chair Of The Federal Reserve Powell: We Expect Rate Hike In March Will Be Appropriate, We Will Begin To Reduce Balance Sheet After Process Of Raising Interest Rates Has Begun"

LOL---

Maybe you should google before posting.

Raising interest rates does the opposite of printing money to buy votes----it discourages spending lowering demand for products thusly usually slowing inflation.

funk-funky.gif

He come dat stagflation again y'all!

Say What?!

The fed maketh inflation, the fed taketh it away. All hail the glory of the fed.
To an extent, I agree. The Fed has been encouraging consumption. But with supply chains creating shortages for mftrs and retailers, goods cost more. So, by raising rates, the Fed hopefully will cause people to purchase less. That DOES NOT automatically mean a recession, which has often or usually been the case, because even if some employers cut jobs, there are more than enough jobs to go around as it is. But it may mean that wages for SOME jobs don't increase as fast.

It's a question as to whether the Fed can pinpoint 'the sweet spot' for consumer interest rates.

• Banned
As of this morning Crude Oil is at $111 a barrel. When Biden took office Crude Oil was around $52 a barrel.

FM2PlpcWUAYeqLG

me? I never posted either way. But eat what you post. If you act like a troll, you're probably a troll.
It is not my purpose to troll. Just give an opinion that you give all the time. With Progs its like Palusible Deniability. If Joe kept moderate, as he so promised we would not be in this position. The first day of his installation with all of those EO's up to the ceiling he signed was our death knell. The Federal Reserve has few options. Teh currency needs to be strong enough for people around the world to have faith in it and us to. The Reserve Currency status is slowly going bye bye. So, we need to squeeze bad debt out and/or pay the interest down with admitting we are getting poorer as we give tribute to the power nations being forged.

Forum List

Back