Fed Raising Interest Rates Higher Than First Thought, Jerome Powell Tells Senate Committee

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Hold on here!

While Biden keeps bragging about his [worse misnamed bill ever] "Inflation Reduction Act", Fed Chairman Powell says interest rates will go higher than anticipated to fight inflation.

Hmmm?

And here is Biden bragging about his 'Act' called the inflation reduction act.

And suckers believe Biden.

The Federal Reserve will likely keep raising interest rates higher than officials had first thought, Chair Jerome Powell told lawmakers in Washington.

Powell warned lawmakers that the Fed’s inflation-fighting campaign is not over, adding that he and his colleagues understand that these efforts are “causing significant hardship” across the country. But, he noted, the institution is firmly committed to resuscitating price stability and bringing the inflation target rate to the Fed’s 2 percent objective.

“Over the past year, we have taken forceful actions to tighten the stance of monetary policy,” Powell said. “We have covered a lot of ground, and the full effects of our tightening so far are yet to be felt. Even so, we have more work to do.”

I think we'll soon be seeing double digit interest rates soon.
I’ll bet against that
But you must give a time frame to “soon”
And
Clarify that we are discussing the Powell rate. Federal Reserve

What’s the rate today you genius?

First the Democrats killed businesses with their useless shutdowns. Then they raised fuel prices causing unneeded inflation and broken supply chains, now they’re killing Real Estate and all related businesses with their escalating interest rates. All rhis and they have a senile old fart for POTUS and a cluless VP.

So, who’s gonna vote for that shit?

I’ll bet against that
But you must give a time frame to “soon”
And
Clarify that we are discussing the Powell rate. Federal Reserve

What’s the rate today you genius?
~~~~~~

3% to 5% higher than during Trump.
Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 6.59.18 AM.png

You mean the drop in rates due to the pandemic.
So which policy did trump enact?
Was trumps policy the, I want credit for rushing the vaccine, while at the same time I want my supporters to tell the world just how deadly my vaccine is.

POS policy.

His inflation reduction act was never intended to lower inflation. He couldn't get build back better passed so they rebranded it so it would get passed through because then anyone who voted against would get publicly called out saying "see these people want more inflation they want you to be poor".

So the fed will keep raising rates and once it gets so bad then then democrats can pivot and blame inflation on the fed saying "we created the inflation reduction act but the fed and republicans made inflation higher because of something about attack on democracy and trump or something like that oh and climate change and racism and Russia and Jan 6".

View attachment 763949

You mean the drop in rates due to the pandemic.
So which policy did trump enact?
Was trumps policy the, I want credit for rushing the vaccine, while at the same time I want my supporters to tell the world just how deadly my vaccine is.

POS policy.
They were lower before the Democrat scamdemic.

Forum List

Back