FED Hit America With One More Half Point Interest Rate Hike!

That's how you remove all that pumping that has caused the inflation. Have you never taken even a basic econ class?

I understand reducing the balance sheet, looking for evidence that requires 5% above inflation.

Why not 3% above, or 7% above?

That's how you remove all that pumping that has caused the inflation. Have you never taken even a basic econ class?

It's how you encourage savings. Rightwingers bloviate over people not saving and investing, then snivel about changing policies that discouraged that, so I usually pay them no mind, they just parrot whatever corporate PR people tell them to.

It's how you encourage savings. Rightwingers bloviate over people not saving and investing, then snivel about changing policies that discouraged that, so I usually pay them no mind, they just parrot whatever corporate PR people tell them to.

Will it help encourage that also? Yes, absolutely. The markets aren't happy with that either.

Why 5% over inflation?

First, inflation is caused by massive printing of dollars

Second, the actual inflation rate is like DOUBLE what we’re being told

Third, why don’t we try battling inflation by cutting some of the massively STUPID AND WASTEFUL spending?!

Third, why don’t we try battling inflation by cutting some of the massively STUPID AND WASTEFUL spending?!

Because politicians can simply not bring themselves to do that and we won't hold them accountable.

Why would they cut spending when 2/3 of the nation will keep voting for them no matter how much they spend.

Forum List

Back