Fauci admits wearing a mask was entirely nothing but theater

Rand Paul was right, although I'm guessing his apologies from Democrats and Media will be lost in the mail.

Data has shown that getting the virus indoors when vaccinated is extremely low. This data has been known for months.

When Rand Paul called him out on the house floor, Fauci said masks were still necessary for the vaccinated because of variances.. and stuff.

Paul: “If you've had the vaccine and you're wearing two masks, isn't that theater?"

Fauci: "No, it's not — here we go again with the theater. The other thing is, that when you talk about reinfection, and you don't keep in the concept of variants, that's an entirely different ballgame. That's a good reason for a mask,"

Now, it's:

Fauci: "I didn't want to look like I was giving mixed signals, but being a fully vaccinated person, the chances of my getting infected, in an indoor setting, is extremely low, and that’s the reason why in indoor settings now, I feel comfortable about not wearing a mask, because I’m fully vaccinated.”

So, as Rand Paul said, it was all about the signals he was giving, not the data and science.

This is why we shouldn't always listen to these singular "experts" in science. Science is a process and community, not exalted, politicized, easily manipulated leftist figures like Anthony St. Fauci. Despite what the leftist media proclaimed during Trump's presidency, He's not the Pope of Science, and now despite the left putting so much stock in him, he's been exposed as a flip-flopping liar... whom has caused damage to millions of Americans, their family situations, and their businesses. His proclamations based only on conjecture. What a fraud.

Nobody gives a shit about Fuici's personal mask wearing.

He never said that the POLICIES on mask wearing he supported and helped set was somehow "just for show", so this thread is bs.
Does he even NEED to say it at this point? It's pretty obvious that Fauci forced the country to mask up and hide at home and it didn't do diddly to stop the spread of Covid!

Wtf?? He had no authority to do any such thing.

He advised public policy, he did not execute it on any level of government.
You're talking about Saint Fauci, Anton!
4d3c8b502289e65d46316bc608c3a2e0.gif

The guy wore a mask at times to set an example exactly BECAUSE he was a public figure. Not only is it not wrong, it is exactly what he should've done and if Trump could learn this basic leadership principle he may have still been a president today.
It's amusing to hear you talk about how Trump lacked "basic leadership" skills when both the President and the Vice President that we now have are so obviously lacking the ability to lead when it comes to tough problems like immigration, the Middle East and the Economy! Joe and Kamala are clueless. They posture and that's NOT leadership!

It's amusing to watch you deflect because you have no real response.
Pointing out that Biden and Harris are flailing badly is a deflection? You're the one who brought up leadership. With the two idiots we have in the White House now that's a losing position. They posture almost as much as Fauci does.

Of course it is, we are discussing the specific leadership skill of leading by example of mask wearing that Faucci passed and Trump failed at miserably. All of that having directly to do with the thread topic.

You on the other hand are trying to deflect to something about Biden and immigration. It's text book dodging and you look like a fool to not even understand that.
Fauci said “masks don’t work” before he said they were necessary. Fauci said “we must all hunker down to mitigate and flatten the curve” six months before he said “we must selectively hunker down’’. Trump followed Fauci’s advice before he didn’t.
You need to be more specific.

Except he never said that.
Oh, yes he did!
But you rely on Pravda so you wouldn’t know.

....do you know how to do basic quoting with link to source?
Yeah, I’m having trouble finding the story where he said we should selectively hunker down. That was from last august or so, several months after he was criticized for advising a comprehensive lockdown that would hurt our economy drastically.
You said that he said that masks don’t work.

I said he didn’t say it, you start talking about me supposedly reading Pravda propaganda, but can’t support what say with a source.
He said from the outset that masks don’t work. That one was everywhere. Are you blind?
Pravda is reporting now like this was just discovered...

Did you read your own link????

Masks are really for infected people to prevent them from spreading [an] infection to people who are not infected rather than protecting uninfected people from acquiring infection,” Fauci wrote

In what crazy world is that same as "masks don't work"?
He said they may stop a droplet but only make the wearer feel safer.
Pravda didn’t even report on this until the email dump. Fauci said this back in feb 2020.
You need to change the channel. You’re a dupe.

No dummy, you don't understand what you are reading. Masks pramarily stop the virus by preventing the INFECTED person from spreading virus carrying droplets.
So why was I required to wear a mask when I'd already HAD Covid and made a complete recovery?

Says who??? As a matter of public policy you have to have standard rules for people masking up instead of playing detectives and doctors for each individual case.
Who is it that set "public policy" for this pandemic? Who was it that made the call that healthy people should hide in their homes and wear masks when they ventured out? Who was THAT person?

...people who set public policy...Governors, Mayors, President, legislatures etc. that are indirectly responsible to the people. duh?
None of those people have expertise in pandemics. So who was it that made the call to close everything down and have healthy people stay home? Who ADVISED those politicians?

Were you born yesterday in Wild West or something?

Executives have a head on their shoulders and medical ADVISORS, like Faucci and CDC, who specialize in public health policy.
Ah, so Anthony Faucci made the call?

...this is like special olympics.

1*opFi3SO2U_XYg3eEelJvVQ.gif

Rand Paul was right, although I'm guessing his apologies from Democrats and Media will be lost in the mail.

Data has shown that getting the virus indoors when vaccinated is extremely low. This data has been known for months.

When Rand Paul called him out on the house floor, Fauci said masks were still necessary for the vaccinated because of variances.. and stuff.

Paul: “If you've had the vaccine and you're wearing two masks, isn't that theater?"

Fauci: "No, it's not — here we go again with the theater. The other thing is, that when you talk about reinfection, and you don't keep in the concept of variants, that's an entirely different ballgame. That's a good reason for a mask,"

Now, it's:

Fauci: "I didn't want to look like I was giving mixed signals, but being a fully vaccinated person, the chances of my getting infected, in an indoor setting, is extremely low, and that’s the reason why in indoor settings now, I feel comfortable about not wearing a mask, because I’m fully vaccinated.”

So, as Rand Paul said, it was all about the signals he was giving, not the data and science.

This is why we shouldn't always listen to these singular "experts" in science. Science is a process and community, not exalted, politicized, easily manipulated leftist figures like Anthony St. Fauci. Despite what the leftist media proclaimed during Trump's presidency, He's not the Pope of Science, and now despite the left putting so much stock in him, he's been exposed as a flip-flopping liar... whom has caused damage to millions of Americans, their family situations, and their businesses. His proclamations based only on conjecture. What a fraud.

He never said that the POLICIES on mask wearing he supported and helped set was somehow "just for show", so this thread is bs.
Does he even NEED to say it at this point? It's pretty obvious that Fauci forced the country to mask up and hide at home and it didn't do diddly to stop the spread of Covid!

The guy wore a mask at times to set an example exactly BECAUSE he was a public figure. Not only is it not wrong, it is exactly what he should've done and if Trump could learn this basic leadership principle he may have still been a president today.
It's amusing to hear you talk about how Trump lacked "basic leadership" skills when both the President and the Vice President that we now have are so obviously lacking the ability to lead when it comes to tough problems like immigration, the Middle East and the Economy! Joe and Kamala are clueless. They posture and that's NOT leadership!

Pointing out that Biden and Harris are flailing badly is a deflection? You're the one who brought up leadership. With the two idiots we have in the White House now that's a losing position. They posture almost as much as Fauci does.

Of course it is, we are discussing the specific leadership skill of leading by example of mask wearing that Faucci passed and Trump failed at miserably. All of that having directly to do with the thread topic.

You on the other hand are trying to deflect to something about Biden and immigration. It's text book dodging and you look like a fool to not even understand that.
Fauci said “masks don’t work” before he said they were necessary. Fauci said “we must all hunker down to mitigate and flatten the curve” six months before he said “we must selectively hunker down’’. Trump followed Fauci’s advice before he didn’t.

Oh, yes he did!

Yeah, I’m having trouble finding the story where he said we should selectively hunker down. That was from last august or so, several months after he was criticized for advising a comprehensive lockdown that would hurt our economy drastically.

I said he didn’t say it, you start talking about me supposedly reading Pravda propaganda, but can’t support what say with a source.
He said from the outset that masks don’t work. That one was everywhere. Are you blind?

Masks are really for infected people to prevent them from spreading [an] infection to people who are not infected rather than protecting uninfected people from acquiring infection,” Fauci wrote

Pravda didn’t even report on this until the email dump. Fauci said this back in feb 2020.

No dummy, you don't understand what you are reading. Masks pramarily stop the virus by preventing the INFECTED person from spreading virus carrying droplets.
So why was I required to wear a mask when I'd already HAD Covid and made a complete recovery?

Says who??? As a matter of public policy you have to have standard rules for people masking up instead of playing detectives and doctors for each individual case.
Who is it that set "public policy" for this pandemic? Who was it that made the call that healthy people should hide in their homes and wear masks when they ventured out? Who was THAT person?

...people who set public policy...Governors, Mayors, President, legislatures etc. that are indirectly responsible to the people. duh?
None of those people have expertise in pandemics. So who was it that made the call to close everything down and have healthy people stay home? Who ADVISED those politicians?

Were you born yesterday in Wild West or something?

Executives have a head on their shoulders and medical ADVISORS, like Faucci and CDC, who specialize in public health policy.
Ah, so Anthony Faucci made the call?

...this is like special olympics.

1*opFi3SO2U_XYg3eEelJvVQ.gif
and you would know... :)

Now, it's:

Oh, yes he did!

You clearly don't understand what you are reading. Basic masks pramarily stop the virus by preventing the INFECTED person from spreading virus carrying droplets.

Faucci is saying it will not protect you too well from what virus there is in the air, but it will effectively prevent an infected person from widely spreading it.

Nowhere does Faucci say masks don't work.
Fauci said masks are useless. That was before he said we need multiple masks. Change the channel.

?

Moron, I just gave a direct quote FROM YOUR LINK that clearly shows that he doesn't.

What are you smokling?

Now, it's:

So Trump was right again? The mask does nothing.

Now, it's:

So Trump was right again? The mask does nothing.

What the hell?

Forum List

Back