Fanatical Liberal LeVar Burton learns he’s descended from a Confederate soldier on ‘Finding Your Roots’

I don't understand blacks obsession with this shit. Why in the hell would it ever cause conflict in him?

What does what some people did or didn't do over 100 years ago have to do with him as a person now?

I mean I know some about my family history, but even if I found out i am descended from say a nazi jew raping murderer it doesn't change who I am. I'm just a guy that loves his wife, goes to work, loves his country and tries to be a decent person.

This obsession with slavery is fucking laughably pathetic and worn out.

This is why actors don't make good sources of information, and advice:

“Were you expecting that? Did you have any idea you had a white ancestor?” Gates asked the star.

The 66-year-old shook his head and laughed.

“No, no. I had no idea. So Granny was half white. Wow,” he said.

Is he serious? Has he ever looked in a mirror?

Here is what his grandmother would have looked like if she were "all black:"

1705535642657.png

Beautiful young woman, who is very dark skinned.

This is Levar Burton:

1705535736254.png

Handsome man with dark skin, but not very dark.

Does he think he's the only black person in the U.S. who has the blood (genes) of the white slave masters? It was a very common thing that slave owners would do, get their female slaves pregnant. Naturally, being slaveholders, many of them would have fought for the confederacy.

It doesn't mean that Levar bears the guilt of his Confederate slave holding ancestors, any more than I bear the guilt of my Confederate slave holding ancestors.

This is why actors don't make good sources of information, and advice:

“Were you expecting that? Did you have any idea you had a white ancestor?” Gates asked the star.

The 66-year-old shook his head and laughed.

“No, no. I had no idea. So Granny was half white. Wow,” he said.

Is he serious? Has he ever looked in a mirror?

Here is what his grandmother would have looked like if she were "all black:"

View attachment 889430
Beautiful young woman, who is very dark skinned.

This is Levar Burton:

View attachment 889431

Handsome man with dark skin, but not very dark.

Does he think he's the only black person in the U.S. who has the blood (genes) of the white slave masters? It was a very common thing that slave owners would do, get their female slaves pregnant. Naturally, being slaveholders, many of them would have fought for the confederacy.

It doesn't mean that Levar bears the guilt of his Confederate slave holding ancestors, any more than I bear the guilt of my Confederate slave holding ancestors.

His ancestors must have had a honky in the wood pile.

I don't understand blacks obsession with this shit. Why in the hell would it ever cause conflict in him?

What does what some people did or didn't do over 100 years ago have to do with him as a person now?

I mean I know some about my family history, but even if I found out i am descended from say a nazi jew raping murderer it doesn't change who I am. I'm just a guy that loves his wife, goes to work, loves his country and tries to be a decent person.

That's easy for a racist white man to say, see your dumbass probably knows where you originated from. Black folks on the other hand were cutoff from our lineage. He can trace his roots back to the slavemaster, what is shocking about that? If the slavemaster last name was Johnson, hell our last name was Johnson.

Well I expect been be hiring an exorcist now to babishb that part of his genome.... Bwahhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhahhhhhhhh.... If he has any honor he'll incinerate himself to get back at that soldier!

100 years from now, if this country can last that long, this kind of conversation will still be around. The reasons, attention whore, self failing, and falling behind. All slave owners in the US died, no one in America currently owns slaves, and slavery is illegal. Funny how Democrats never want to talk about the current slave ownership and trading in Africa.

That's easy for a racist white man to say, see your dumbass probably knows where you originated from. Black folks on the other hand were cutoff from our lineage. He can trace his roots back to the slavemaster, what is shocking about that? If the slavemaster last name was Johnson, hell our last name was Johnson.
Lol ..cut off from lineage. You should address the 70% of black kids without a father today.

Forum List

Back