Exxon Posts Record Profits

Neither can you.

What is documented is the current administrations hostility to fossil fuels in general.
In 2020, the oil bust created worker and supply shortages and caused companies to cut their budgets. Investors remain reluctant to invest in fossil fuels. Pavel Molchanov, an analyst at Raymond James, told CNN Business that “oil and gas companies do not want to drill more.”

“They are under pressure from the financial community to pay more dividends, to do more share buybacks instead of the proverbial ‘drill, baby, drill,’ which is the way they would have done things 10 years ago. Corporate strategy has fundamentally changed.”

And I would expect NOTHING less than record profits!
When you have the leader of the free world shooting his mouth about how his party is going to kill fossil fuels, what else do you expect?
If I'm running one of these oil companies, knowing that I have a finite time to sell my product on a massive scale, I'm going to look for ways to maximize my profits in the time I have left.

In 2020, the oil bust created worker and supply shortages and caused companies to cut their budgets. Investors remain reluctant to invest in fossil fuels. Pavel Molchanov, an analyst at Raymond James, told CNN Business that “oil and gas companies do not want to drill more.”

“They are under pressure from the financial community to pay more dividends, to do more share buybacks instead of the proverbial ‘drill, baby, drill,’ which is the way they would have done things 10 years ago. Corporate strategy has fundamentally changed.”

Drilling costs money, certain drill sites aren't economically viable at certain cost points.

You are bitching about basic economics.

Politifact, lol.

The leases may be unused, but leases are just like reservations to drill, the permits are what matters.

Once again politifact shows tunnel vision to defend a Democrat.

Forum List

Back