Extreme CA state gun bills advance in Sacramento

Nope...just bought a new shotgun last week. No problems there.

I'll send you some money to buy an AR just like I sell here in TN. Let me know how that goes.
Why would I want more of them? :confused:
Deflection fail.

Yeah, you can't buy an AR in CA like the ones I sell here. Soon you won't be able to buy one at all. And those 30rd mags? Fuhgeddaboutit.
Yeah tell me no one is stopping anyone from doing something.

By the hearing's end, the committee had voted along party lines to approve bills that would:

* add all semi-automatic rifles that accept detachable magazines to the state's list of banned assault weapons;
* ban owning any magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, including existing ones;
* ban bullet buttons that allow fast swapping of rifle magazines;
* require long-gun buyers to pass a written safety test; and
* add more crimes to the list of those that would bar someone from carrying a firearm.

I'm sure this will deter the Bloods, Crips, Latin Kings and MS-13.

I expect this bill will not survive a constitutional challenge.

By the hearing's end, the committee had voted along party lines to approve bills that would:

* add all semi-automatic rifles that accept detachable magazines to the state's list of banned assault weapons;
* ban owning any magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, including existing ones;
* ban bullet buttons that allow fast swapping of rifle magazines;
* require long-gun buyers to pass a written safety test; and
* add more crimes to the list of those that would bar someone from carrying a firearm.

I'm sure this will deter the Bloods, Crips, Latin Kings and MS-13.

I expect this bill will not survive a constitutional challenge.

I see issues involving the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments to the Constitution.
Not that Democrats care about those. Except the 5th, of course. They're good with that, right Lois?

No one is stopping your from owing a gun

No, they are stopping you from owning any semi automatic rifle, which are common firearm technology. It is the definition of infringement.

And we know they don't want to stop there.

Any gun control that regular people have to follow should also be followed by the police, and those who protect our rich/political class. If we cant have them, you cant have them.

Sooo, once again no one is stopping you from owing a gun

In NYC they sure as hell are. And its not about "a gun" its about the gun I want to buy being unconsitutionally illegal unless you are a government agent.

Stop being dense.

Some people (such as myself) think these bills will go through and be signed into law.

Others don't.

----------------------------------------------

23ABC News - State lawmakers losing fight to enact more gun control legislation in Sacramento - Bakersfield News, Bakersfield, California News & Bakersfield News Local Headlines - KERO TurnTo23

State lawmakers losing fight to enact more gun control legislation in Sacramento

Local Assemblymember says passage is unlikely
Posted: 08/14/2013
Last Updated: 18 hours ago
Mike Hart

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - As the battle over gun control legislation appears to be going nowhere on a federal level, the fight continues in Sacramento.

California already has some of the toughest gun control laws on the books, but there are currently more than two dozen new bills working their way through the state's legislature. Following the Sandy Hook shootings, nearly 60 gun control bills were written, but now eight months later, just 26 remain.

Assemblymember Shannon Grove, a Republican representing the 34th District, said she doesn't believe any of the current proposals will make it through to the Governor's desk, and if they do, he won't sign them. "Even though Democrats have a super majority, there a quite a few who represent pro-gun districts," said Grove, "and they don't have votes to pass such legislation."

Of the bills that remain, Grove said two are getting a lot of attention; SB 53 that involves a $50 fee and application submitted to the Department of Justice to purchase ammunition, and, SB 293 that defines an "owner-authorized handgun" as one that has a permanent programmable biometric, or fingerprint technology, in order to operate.

Grove believes neither one will pass.

No, they are stopping you from owning any semi automatic rifle, which are common firearm technology. It is the definition of infringement.

Any gun control that regular people have to follow should also be followed by the police, and those who protect our rich/political class. If we cant have them, you cant have them.

In NYC they sure as hell are. And its not about "a gun" its about the gun I want to buy being unconsitutionally illegal unless you are a government agent.

Stop being dense.

So no one is stopping you from buying a gun.

Thanks

bestgifImgur1.gif

No one is stopping your from owing a gun

Your argument is similar to responding to a law which restricts abortions so that the only legal abortion are those that occur within two weeks of conception with:

Sooo, once again no one is stopping you from having an abortion

That work for you?

Your argument is similar to responding to a law which restricts abortions so that the only legal abortion are those that occur within two weeks of conception with:

That work for you?

Same with Voting ID's

Suddenly when its you, you understand the diff between stopping someone and making it really really hard

That work for you?

Same with Voting ID's

Suddenly when its you, you understand the diff between stopping someone and making it really really hard

OK, you really are that stupid.

That work for you?

Same with Voting ID's

OK, you really are that stupid.

Oh so now whats good for the goose isn't good for the gander. Shocking :doubt:

That work for you?

Same with Voting ID's

Not suddenly, I always have. Obviously in Heller, SCOTUS found restrictions on gun ownership to be too onerous. In this case the gun restrictions proposed would violate the 2nd Amend. The issue, of course is the nature and severity of the restriction.

Californians have a nice trick. They'll import busted AK's that have had their stamped receivers bent in the middle so they're not operational, and they'll just replace or unbend the metal. Voila, unlicensed, fully operational AK for less that 100 bucks and no way to trace.

Link? Reference?

Or did you just make this up?

Only other question I have is: Where can I get one?

There was a good article on it on mother Jones of all places. There are communities that run underneath the radar have "classes" in their homes to build these. All you need is kit that was made nonfunctional. Slight machining work that anyone can do.

I Built This AK-47. It's Legal and Totally Untraceable. | Mother Jones

Better yet, get you block aluminum AR receiver, some templates and your average drill press. Machine the aluminum lower out. No serial number, no checks. Just build the rest from parts you can find anywhere on the net.

Last edited:
California should just go ahead and disarm their citizens. They will happily capitulate.

i dont know about that.....i worked with 2 that i believe, would prove you wrong on that....and they told me if you think we are serious about our guns.....come out to the OC Hills and see these other guys they have fun and games with......

Forum List

Back