Expert: Al qaeda and isis may try to 'out-jihad' each other with attacks on west

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It's too bad that they just don't kill each other. Many people would breathe a sigh of relief if they did.

EXPERT: AL QAEDA AND ISIS MAY TRY TO 'OUT-JIHAD' EACH OTHER WITH ATTACKS ON WEST

by BREITBART LONDON 5 Jul 2014

Islamist terrorist groups may try to "out-jihad" each other with spectacular attacks on the West, according to an article by Quilliam think-tank member Charlie Cooper.
Writing for the Left Foot Forward website, Cooper – who works for the counter-extremism think tank Quilliam – said that the leaders of Al Qaeda and ISIS respectively may enter into a dangerous game of terrorism oneupmanship to be played out in the form of attacks on Western targets.

He wrote:

The recent declaration by the ‘Islamic State’ (IS, as it’s now known) of the restoration of the ‘caliphate’ further distils the level of risk we face.

It was effectively a declaration of war by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi against Ayman al-Zawahiri, the leader of al-Qaeda. More likely than one group attacking the other, though, is the emergence of a competition between IS and AQ in which they will attempt to ‘out-jihad’ each other with a high-profile attack on a Western target.

Read more at:

Expert: Al Qaeda and ISIS May Try to 'Out-jihad' Each Other With Attacks on West

thanks sally-----IMHO----anyone surprised is naïve-------I am surprised that it has not
happened as yet------perhaps it has been attempted and foiled

thanks sally-----IMHO----anyone surprised is naïve-------I am surprised that it has not
happened as yet------perhaps it has been attempted and foiled

I am keeping my fingers crossed that our Intelligence Services are on the ball the way they have been previously by picking up these terrorists before they had a chance to carry out their atrocity.

The US Government is already on record as having funded BOTH so I guess they're gonna' have to choose ONE to Terrorize us with. You would think.

Forum List

Back