Ex-top Christie aide backs Clinton over Trump

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
They are running away from the crazy man

expect more to speak out in the coming days

trump maybe truly mentally ill

Longtime Chris Christie aide Maria Comella says she plans to vote for Hillary Clinton -- saying that after Donald Trump's nomination, Republicans are "at a moment where silence isn't an option."

Comella is breaking from the governor she helped elevate into the national political limelight. Her decision, announced in an email interview with CNN's Jamie Gangel, comes the day after a top Jeb Bush aide said she was leaving the Republican Party.
Comella blasted Trump over his attack on the Muslim parents of an American soldier killed in combat, calling it emblematic of the rhetoric that has led her to reject her own party's nominee.

"Donald Trump has been a demagogue this whole time, preying on people's anxieties with loose information and salacious rhetoric, drumming up fear and hatred of the 'other,'" Comella said.

Why are you coming out against Donald Trump?
"As someone who has worked to further the Republican Party's principles for the last 15 years I believe that we are at a moment where silence isn't an option. We are here today in part because as a party in the past we have remained silent when things have made us uncomfortable. Instead of speaking out against instances of bigotry, racism and inflammatory rhetoric whether it's been against women, immigrants or Muslims, we made a calculus that it was better to say nothing at all in the interest of politics and winning elections. For me, if our party has a future, we have to change that trajectory and lead by example.
"We have to stop thinking that winning at any cost is more important than governing principles. It should be the job of the Republican Party's nominee to set a tone worthy of being the leader of the free world and not give into our worst instincts. I don't care if it's good politics or not."

First on CNN: Ex-top Chris Christie aide backs Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Last edited:
Must be a Democrat.

At this point in history, winning at all cost is absolutely necessary to the survival of the Experiment.

• Banned
thankfully since trump is mentally unstable he won't e allowed to take the presidency if elected , which he won't win to begin with

• Banned
Must be a Democrat.

At this point in history, winning at all cost is absolutely necessary to the survival of the Experiment.
Reading comprehension problem little billy

"As someone who has worked to further the Republican Party's principles for the last 15 years I believe that we are at a moment where silence isn't an option. We are here today in part because as a party in the past we have remained silent when things have made us uncomfortable. Instead of speaking out against instances of bigotry, racism and inflammatory rhetoric whether it's been against women, immigrants or Muslims, we made a calculus that it was better to say nothing at all in the interest of politics and winning elections. For me, if our party has a future, we have to change that trajectory and lead by example.
"We have to stop thinking that winning at any cost is more important than governing principles. It should be the job of the Republican Party's nominee to set a tone worthy of being the leader of the free world and not give into our worst instincts. I don't care if it's good politics or not."

Trump ran a dynasty of construction firms that employed tens of thousands of people and Hillary never had a job that wasn't arranged by her husband. Trump made a billion dollars in the construction industry and Bill Clinton pardoned one of the FBI's 10 most wanted in exchange for a donation to his "library" by the criminal's wife. Hillary spent her entire adult life making excuses for her husband's infidelity in exchange for reflected political power and used the power of government agencies to punish the victims of her husband's abuse of women. Which candidate expresses a form of mental illness?

Forum List

Back