Evolution. Pfffft

I'm sorry are you claiming that all fossils from millions of years ago look just like current species??
Evolution states that species change over time, but that doesn't mean all species change to the same degree.
So that some species are pretty much the same as millions of years abo does not contradict Evolution in any way. It's expected.

But how do you explain the differences that do exist?
All I'm asking for is evidence. And the only evidence available shows that species remain the same species over millions of years.
But the Coelacanths are NOT the same species.
Coelacanths are still Coelacanths.
Are these different species?
David-diverse-faces-collage.jpg
No. they're not. But there are two current species of Coelacanths now, and they are not the same as those from millions of years ago.
Coelacanth does NOT refer to a species. It refers to an ORDER. You're saying there's no difference between a Gorilla and a lemur because they're both primates.
how many species in this photo?
View attachment 118092

Obviously only one. This proves nothing where the coelacanth is concerned.
Ah, so a coelacanth that is 1 foot longer is a different species, but because it is humans, a 6-6 300 pound black man is the same species as a 4 foot white man.
That is a byproduct of your programming of what to parrot.

No, that is merely listening to scientists who know that appearance does not determine species.

I'm sorry are you claiming that all fossils from millions of years ago look just like current species??
Evolution states that species change over time, but that doesn't mean all species change to the same degree.
So that some species are pretty much the same as millions of years abo does not contradict Evolution in any way. It's expected.

But how do you explain the differences that do exist?
All I'm asking for is evidence. And the only evidence available shows that species remain the same species over millions of years.
But the Coelacanths are NOT the same species.
No. they're not. But there are two current species of Coelacanths now, and they are not the same as those from millions of years ago.
Coelacanth does NOT refer to a species. It refers to an ORDER. You're saying there's no difference between a Gorilla and a lemur because they're both primates.
View attachment 118092

Ah, so a coelacanth that is 1 foot longer is a different species, but because it is humans, a 6-6 300 pound black man is the same species as a 4 foot white man.
No. The differences are a lot greater, and at a genetic level as well.

But you're still tap-dancing.
How do you explain the thousands of extinct species of plants and animals and the thousands of current species not found millions of years ago?

2butterflies.jpg

ID_Wilcox02.jpg

05455.JPG

How many species are shown here? Hint: 3 separate species
Excellent example, thanks for bringing them to the discussion. I see a butterfly. Period.
A butterfly that takes three generations to travel from a mountain in Mexico to fields in Canada 2,000 miles away, then in one generation goes back to the same mountain in Mexico.

A. Butterflies are not built for travel. Wind or rain and they are grounded.
B. The butterflies in Canada go back to the same mountain that their ancestors three generations ago came from. How? Why?

View attachment 118092

That is a byproduct of your programming of what to parrot.

No, that is merely listening to scientists who know that appearance does not determine species.
So you know a Coelacanth could not interbreed?

View attachment 118092

How do you explain the thousands of extinct species of plants and animals and the thousands of current species not found millions of years ago?
So now you claim to have the genetic material from a 66 million year old fossil? And you say I am tap dancing?

2butterflies.jpg

ID_Wilcox02.jpg

05455.JPG

Excellent example, thanks for bringing them to the discussion. I see a butterfly. Period.
A butterfly that takes three generations to travel from a mountain in Mexico to fields in Canada 2,000 miles away, then in one generation goes back to the same mountain in Mexico.

B. The butterflies in Canada go back to the same mountain that their ancestors three generations ago came from. How? Why?

What you see when you say "I see a butterfly. Period." is, in fact, 3 distinct species.

And only one species shown migrates at all. The other two species do not migrate.

View attachment 118092

So now you claim to have the genetic material from a 66 million year old fossil? And you say I am tap dancing?

You still have not answered my very simple question.

Can you provide any evidence supporting the ID theory?

2butterflies.jpg

ID_Wilcox02.jpg

05455.JPG

What you see when you say "I see a butterfly. Period." is, in fact, 3 distinct species.

And only one species shown migrates at all. The other two species do not migrate.
Any of which can interbreed, and you avoid answering another question because you know it defies explanation from an evolutionary standpoint.

View attachment 118092

Have you answered my question on yet on what are the possibilities for life existing yet? Did I miss your answer?

Have you answered my question on yet on what are the possibilities for life existing yet? Did I miss your answer?

No, you have not missed my answer. It is irrelevant to the question I asked you. I have answered numerous questions, and you have yet to answer this one. I asked it when you first brought up ID, and you have steadfastly refused to answer.

Why is that?

No, you have not missed my answer. It is irrelevant to the question I asked you. I have answered numerous questions, and you have yet to answer this one. I asked it when you first brought up ID, and you have steadfastly refused to answer.

Why is that?

I have answered you already. You can't see the trees through the forest.

Is there any evidence that would make you think ID is the answer?

2butterflies.jpg

ID_Wilcox02.jpg

05455.JPG

Any of which can interbreed, and you avoid answering another question because you know it defies explanation from an evolutionary standpoint.

So you are claiming that Monarch butterflies (species: Danaus plexippus) can interbreed with Viceroy butterflies (species: Limenitis archippus)????

Why is that?

The only thing you have done is try to disprove evolution. You have provided not one single shred of evidence to support ID.

2butterflies.jpg

ID_Wilcox02.jpg

05455.JPG

So you are claiming that Monarch butterflies (species: Danaus plexippus) can interbreed with Viceroy butterflies (species: Limenitis archippus)????
Don't try to change the discussion just because you see the corner you are in.

The migration of the Monarch defies evolution, as well as butterflies existing 120 million years ago.

Why is that?

The only thing you have done is try to disprove evolution. You have provided not one single shred of evidence to support ID.
Because the topic is evolution. Feel free to start a thread on ID, I would love to chime in.

2butterflies.jpg

ID_Wilcox02.jpg

05455.JPG

The migration of the Monarch defies evolution, as well as butterflies existing 120 million years ago.

I'm not in any corner. You posted all those people's faces as one species, I posted 3 pics of butterflies that are distinct species. Migration is irrelevant. It was an answer to your "They look different but are the same species".

Why is that?

Because the topic is evolution. Feel free to start a thread on ID, I would love to chime in.

You brought it. You claimed it was the better theory.

I'm not in any corner. You posted all those people's faces as one species, I posted 3 pics of butterflies that are distinct species. Migration is irrelevant. It was an answer to your "They look different but are the same species".
Funny how you think butterflies prove evolution when you can't answer migratory patterns nor their existence 120 million years ago.

Why is that?

You brought it. You claimed it was the better theory.
Wrong again. I said their are only two possible theories for the existence of life.

Forum List

Back