Evidence for Design #1 - Complexity, irreducible and otherwise

I had said you were not illiterate but now I'm not so sure. If you care to look back you'll see I called them ignorant and superstitious. Did they know why it rained or why some stars moved and some didn't? Ignorance. Did they attribute much of what they saw around them to supernatural forces? Superstition. I never claimed to be even as smart as they were, just at the end of 2,000 years of added knowledge.

Not more special than anyone else who was as focused and objective as you. How many people do you know that match that criteria?
I'm all broken up by your opinion of me. How will I ever survive?

I know objective, and you sir are no objective.

alang1216

Also, you have to realize something...

Posters like ding and hobelim aren't going to give you clear definitions or stances. And every time you try to respond to what they do say, you will be rebuffed with verklempt, faux surprise and declarations that what you thought they meant isn't what they meant at all, or that you are just too dumb to understand what they meant.

Again, this is all by design.

"How to talk for hours yet not really say anything."

Not sure how I could be more clear. I'm one of the few people that doesn't criticize what I don't believe to arrive at what I do believe without ever having to examine what I believe. I lead with what I believe.

It's you people who aren't clear about what you believe. You are only clear about what you don't believe. That's not exactly a plan for success in life.

Posters like @ding and @hobelim aren't going to give you clear definitions or stances.

lol. So now you have resorted to outright deception. What a surprise! No clear definitions? Pft.

I say that any story that starts with "in the beginning" just like "once upon a time" and then introduces a talking serpent with despicable human traits it is clearly defining a human archetype. And when I tell you that its a children story with a teaching not directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used just like any fable, fairy tale, or myth, you demand proof (as if a talking serpent wasn't proof). Then when you insist that it's all magical bullshit either you are dumb or displaying obstinate stupidity worthy of the most duplicitous evangelical magical bullshit peddler just like any species and direct descendant of that despicable ever elusive talking serpent of old.

Magical bullshit? lol...Let's face it, you really need to come up with some new material Mr. Slither.

You bore me.

Last edited:
Not sure how I could be more clear. I'm one of the few people that doesn't criticize what I don't believe to arrive at what I do believe without ever having to examine what I believe. I lead with what I believe.

It's you people who aren't clear about what you believe. You are only clear about what you don't believe. That's not exactly a plan for success in life.

- you might give that a shot ... christian.

* might be important to heaven if not to yourself, just maybe.

It's a proper name that might be confused with the God of the Bible. Wouldn't it be more proper to refer this creator of the universe as "god(s)"? Presumptuous to assume it is a single intelligence.
Is God a proper name?

I think being presumptuous might be the least of my worries when it comes to God.

As usual I have no idea what you are trying to say.
... that doesn't criticize what I don't believe to arrive at what I do believe without ever having to examine what I believe. I lead with what I believe.

just curious, have you ever conducted a meaningful conversation with anyone ... or, as you imply is everything you say irrefutable.

* hope that helps.

just curious, have you ever conducted a meaningful conversation with anyone ... or, as you imply is everything you say irrefutable.

* hope that helps.
All the time. I've even tried doing it with you but you were too busy attacking Christianity and Christians to notice.

Written as "God" it is, written as "god" it is not. (Not that I'm a grammar guru.) Is this "God" a force of nature like gravity or a specific being like Trump?
Ummmm... God is existence. Hence when asked his name he replied, I Am. So, no. Not a force of nature or a specific being like Trump.

Seems like you are nitpicking to me though. Is this really what you want to discuss?

Again...

The theory of evolution, at its heart, is an explanation for why things that appear designed to our tiny minds are not actually designed.

The debate ended long ago, and the theory of evolution is a fact.

Forum List

Back