"Every real estate developer everywhere does this" says Kevin O'Leary reacts to Trump civil fraud case

This is the work of the latter.

This is not about Trump. Never has been. It's about the craven politicians, the opportunistic media propagandists, and the manipulated rubes, all of whom enable him.

He's just one profoundly damaged person. One person can't do this.

The world has seen it before.
You're correct. This Country could have been rid of Trump for good in both impeachments but his gutless supporters in the House & Senate let him off the hook.

And they still support him because they are no better then he is. Holding onto that cushy job is more important to them. Craven is right.

And who knows. If they got rid of Trump, Pence would have been POTUS & he may have beaten Biden. I wonder if that ever occured to him. It should have.

Watch Kevin O'Leary reaction to Trump's New York civil fraud case by the CNN reporter:

"Well, let's leave out Trump for a minute, and let's leave out politics, and just talk about what happens in real estate development anywhere.
So, if you're a developer and you've got a building on the block, anywhere in America, and it's worth, let's say, $500 million, and you want to build a building right beside it, you go to the bank and say, "This building is worth $500 million. I'd like to borrow a construction finance loan against this asset, and I want you to tell me it's worth $500 million too."
And by the way, forget about Trump, every single real estate developer everywhere on earth does this.
They always talk about their asset being worth a lot and the bank says no. That's just the way it is.
So in this case, what I'm trying to figure out, and I'm not pro or con, or I don't care about the politics, who lost money?
Nobody. The bank got paid back the construction finance loan, and a new building was built.

And O'Leary goes on...
If you're going to sue this case and win, you've gotta sue every real estate developer everywhere. This is all they do.
This is what they do all day long every day.
So I don't think this thing will ever survive appeal regardless of what the fine is. This doesn't even make sense.

Now Those of you that aren't aware of this, let's put this into something you can comprehend.
In Dallas, Texas this property has a Zillow Market value of as high as $29.36M...

But the city of Dallas says the "Taxable Value" value for tax appraisal for the city, School,College, Hospital,

View attachment 887755

So as O'Leary states... "Every real estate developer everywhere does this':
Market value:
Start now Home value Zestimate $21,745,900 Zestimate range $15.87M - $29.36M Last 30-day change
Highest Market value of this property: $29,360,000
Tax value of this property: the most: $18,923,660
A 64% of market value...

So in the Trump case using the same ratios Trump has done as O'Leary says..
"every single real estate developer everywhere on earth does this. "

Two things struck me about this OP, the first, the CNN host didn't get combative when O'Leary defended Trump's following standard business practices in the industry. And the second was, the two commies that provided reaction scores. The most partisan rated it fake news and the second rated it funny. Just proves how well commies relate to facts.

So what? O'Leary just blew the whistle that the real estate market is run by developers who are all committng fraud, along with Wall St. banksters. So Trump should be let off the hook?

Should we let all drug dealers & drug lords off the hook because most of them are getting away with it?

Square footage and appraisals!
Hahahhaahhaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahaahahahahahaaaaaaa!

You’ve been duped again!
When are you going to wake up?

So what? O'Leary just blew the whistle that the real estate market is run by developers who are all committng fraud, along with Wall St. banksters. So Trump should be let off the hook?

Should we let all drug dealers & drug lords off the hook because most of them are getting away with it?
You have an uncanny ability to misunderstand even the simplest of concepts.

Two things struck me about this OP, the first, the CNN host didn't get combative when O'Leary defended Trump's following standard business practices in the industry. And the second was, the two commies that provided reaction scores. The most partisan rated it fake news and the second rated it funny. Just proves how well commies relate to facts.

He didn’t actually defend Trump. He just explained in simple terms how business is conducted in that sector of the real estate market. He basically said that Trump is following standard legal business practices and his vulnerabilities lay elsewhere.

The property you and other idiots claim were from this article...
https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/03/business/trump-fraud-judge-mar-a-lago/index.html
" value of his Mar-a-Lago estate by an eye-popping 2,300%."

"But the Mar-a-Lago finding in particular is raising eyebrows among real estate and legal experts because of the metric Judge Engoron relied on: the county tax assessor’s appraisal value."
“From 2011-2021, the Palm Beach County Assessor appraised the market value of Mar-a-Lago at between $18 million and $27.6 million,” Engoron wrote in his ruling.

The judge noted Trump valued Mar-a-Lago at between $426.5 million and $612 million, “an overvaluation of at least 2,300%, compared to the assessor’s appraisal.”

But it’s widely known that the tax assessor valuation is typically, though not always, less than what a property would command on the open market.
In other words, it’s not an apples-to-apples comparison.
Appraisal values and market values are just not the same thing. It’s a well-known fact,” said Eli Beracha, chair of the school of real estate at Florida International University. “That’s especially true for properties that are unique. And it’s very easy to argue this is a unique property.

HEY KILROY2!!! Evidently you don't know that "Appraisal values and market values are just not the same thing. It’s a well-known fact,"!!!!

And the above expert says this about YOU and other ignorant people including that idiot Judge that voted for
Biden!!!
Dina Goldentayer, executive director of sales at Douglas Elliman in South Florida, said in her experience in the ultra-luxury marketplace the tax assessor’s valuation isn’t considered when trying to value a property.
He wouldn’t make a very good realtor,” Goldentayer said of the judge. “It’s so widely known that it’s not an accurate determination of market value.”

Finally, evidently you aren't aware that:
A nearby vacant lot (2.3 acres) is for sale on Zillow for $200 million," John LeFevre, a former investment banker who created the Goldman Sachs Elevator social media account, wrote alongside a screengrab of the listing. "Mar-a-Lago sits on 17 acres, with waterfront on both sides."

He added: "The primary point is this: The lending bank is required to get a valuation from a third party to cover its LTV calculation. No one had an issue with any of this. Everyone made money...Until an activist [District Attorney] came along decades later," a reference to Letitia James, who brought the case.

So if a nearby lot 2.3 acres sold for $86 million per acre...hmmm.. 17 acres would be $1,478,260,870 !
And evidently you are not smart enough ... $1,478,260,870 is $1.478 Billion! Nearly 50% more than
that Trump valued Mar-a-Lago as high as $739 million —

But again... Please provide your proof that this is a crime!

The property is not being sold. It has nothing to do with the case because it would be difficult to know what a buyer would be willing to pay without an actual buyer. It might make a "WHAT IF" argument but not in a case of law

Crime is fraud

Property in Florida and NY are the focus of the case

Trump has already be found guilty in the summary judgment and now its about the fine

His property in NY are also part of the case

Florida is just one issue

What a buyer would pay for the property is not known or part of the case

The property is not for sale so your seller arguments are only WHAT IF and irrelevant

you would have to factor in any loans that Trump has put the property up for as collateral
So if you own property then want to sell it then you will have to pay off those loans for that lien release

So the issue of fraud valuations can only be assessed based on the appraisal and financial documents that Trump submitted about the property

Banks are loaning money so any property that Trump owns is collateral in the event he fails to pay. They can can go after any property

Trump has a lot of property that he can put up for collateral. So a bank is looking at the big picture and if he has other properties that would make for any discrepancies

lets make a deal

So what someone would pay is irrelevant and cannot be determined

Appraisal value is a small part of the case and not the whole case

I never said appraisal values and market were the same

In a court of of law it would be hard to prove what a buyer would be willing to spend for that property. So its not the focus

The focus is on the business loan and the collateral

The starting point. Summary judgment means he was already been found guilty.
Did you know what?

Its now about how much he will pay and then he probably will appeal

Your points

what it could actually be sold for is irrelevant because you would have to have a buyer who would be willing to pay that amount.

Since there is no buyer then the judge has is to look at the appraisal value and what trump stated on his loan request.

So the judge addressed the appraised value that Trump provided and points out a huge discrepancy

This is related to a loan and it is not related to a pretend buyer. The bank is not interested in buying the property

They want their money back and the related fees and intrest

The next point is you guys talk about the bank getting it appraised. They do but if the loan goes into default , the bank can go with any asset that is owned. So the appraised amount that Trump tells them on one property is a starting point

So when they make the decision they would look at other assets because if the loan goes into default then they can go after other assets in NYC

But that has nothing to do with the case before the judge

The crime is Fraud or specifically trump was inflating his assets, He was found guilty and now all that is left is how much will it cost him

"I love Trump" well actually you love Trump as I was just referring the statement in a 2nd or 3rd person/persons point of view

$426.5 million to $612.1 million in filings is what Trump says

when he rants he says

In a statement on his Truth Social platform, Trump described the ruling as a "radical attack" that was politically motivated—which is what he has said about all the cases against him—adding: "As an example, this Democrat Operative valued Mar-a-Lago, the most spectacular and valuable property in Palm Beach, Florida, to be worth as low as $18 million, when in actuality, it could be worth almost 100 times that amount."

As I've noted in the past, this is likely true but that does not make it legal.

Nearly everyone runs over the speed limit but if you get nailed, you are going to pay the fine.

The idea shouldn't be to let Trump off though, it should be to nail the others also.

Funny none of the the parties involved are unhappy. Only the leftists are.

He didn’t actually defend Trump. He just explained in simple terms how business is conducted in that sector of the real estate market. He basically said that Trump is following standard legal business practices and his vulnerabilities lay elsewhere.

Actually he did, he said if you're going to sue Trump, you have to every real estate developer in the world. He also said any finding of guilt will be reversed on appeal. Thanks for proving my second point.

Actually, the banks lost money in the form of interest, if they were conned into a lower risk assessment than would otherwise have been the case, resulting in a lower interest rate.

The taxpayers also lost money if Donald dodged taxes by undervaluing his properties.

This really isn't difficult, folks.

There’s no crime here and there never was.
This really is difficult leftards.

Actually he did, he said if you're going to sue Trump, you have to every real estate developer in the world. He also said any finding of guilt will be reversed on appeal. Thanks for proving my second point.

There was no attempt by me to prove your point. I’m not into that. I’m just into facts and accuracy whatever they prove.
Actually, the banks lost money in the form of interest, if they were conned into a lower risk assessment than would otherwise have been the case, resulting in a lower interest rate.

The taxpayers also lost money if Donald dodged taxes by undervaluing his properties.

This really isn't difficult, folks.
Institutions which are involved in lending this kid of money to his vis developers don’t get conned. They do their homework and conduct their own assessing of the property being used as collateral.

People are searching for crimes where none exist. The only possible crime here is an elected official abusing her authority for political purposes.

Forum List

Back