European Parliament wants to hear from Edward Snowden

A shame none of the EU nations are brave enough to offer him asylum. Germany should do it just to stick it to the U.S. government for spying on them.
And you don't think Germany spies on the U.S? There are no legal, moral or ethical problems with either.

I sincerely doubt that the BND has enough money or manpower to spy on the USA in any meaningful way.

The BND is essentially a subsidiary of the CIA.

And you don't think Germany spies on the U.S? There are no legal, moral or ethical problems with either.

Probably do, but we can't prove it. And yes, it is illegal, immoral, and unethical to do so.

What law prevents one nation from spying on another? And by what standards is it immoral or unethical? You seriously think the U.S. should halt all intelligence activities on all countries? Ridiculous.

The U.S. Constitution gives no authority for the U.S. government to spy on anybody. Regardless, I personally don't much care whether one government spies on another. Let the rats eat each other. It's the spying on private individuals and corporations that I object to.

Germany has a full extradition treaty with the USA - no go there.

I'm sure there are plenty of loopholes that could be exploited. They're just afraid to do it.

Actually, no, there are not.

Well you'll have to quote the relevant portion of the treaty that states that under no circumstances may the German government refuse to extradite somebody that the U.S. government has claimed.

Forum List

Back